Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I read a poster on Facebook description of Shocking as the worst thing in AFL since Meatloaf. So true. New nickname for him should be Meatloaf.
Insult to meatloaf. Hocking has systematically and reactively (that sounds like a contradiction in terms but it fits and sums up the shitshow here) changed the game to suit his own selfish confused agenda (Geelong, anti-Richmond, Appeasing sponsors).

Meatloaf just rocked up and sang badly on GF day.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The kick in rule is an embarrassment. Watching it at local level and junior footy is even worse.
Just another change to make the game look more like a glorified form of basketball, just on a bigger playing arena.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Hocking, as bad as he was, is just a symptom of a sick AFL. He was selected and cultivated because he was in the image of the organisation. Dumb, unaccountable, hillbilly boofhead boys club. There is no mechanism to force good governance on the AFL, it has to come from within, driven by internal policy and culture. Barring a Richmond takeover, I can't see it ever happening.

edit, you hear whispers that Benny should be the next CEO. Thats true if the AFL had good governance. Because they have the opposite, they won't let him near the joint, and he'd know it.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
probably because all the other teams havnt spent 10 years recruiting for a particular game style (Fast, Tough, Big Motor, kicking negotiable). and 5 years mastering it.

and the rule changes have turned it into netball, where you have to move the ball with precision, slowly.

Hardwick has always said 'grass is your friend'.

the rule was designed (kudos) to hinder our high pressure, territory, speed, endurance, chaos,

666 was bought in to stop us pushing numbers at the ball,

bench rotations were bought in to stop us running.

all in favour of ball control. slow, methodically, bruise free, untiring.

It favours the game that Buckley invented, then Scott mastered, and dominated us with for a half in the 2020 GF.

I can't speak for Melbourne or Dogs, I havnt watched them enough to understand how they play.

But in term of your question

'how did other teams manage to adapt'?

Geelong didnt adapt to the rules, the rules adapted to them.
Thanks for this treatise. The problem is, AFL will always tweak rules to either suit bias or try to 'level up the playing field' and stop a team dominance whether we like it or not. I have to admit they have done a pretty good job screwing us in recent times.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour, The COLES near his home has sold out of tissues.
He hasn't stopped slapping himself.
He fken single handily destroyed us and now goes back to the shithole.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I've got some bikie mates down Geelong way. Anyone know where this fleabag resides or has his morning coffee.

• Haha

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I've got some bikie mates down Geelong way. Anyone know where this fleabag resides or has his morning coffee.

iu

?????

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Big Brownie from the Warlocks (if you grew up in Geelong in the 80s you know who that is).
I knew the Warlocks and Loners but I'm a Ballarat boy Berwick. Mordy was a name that cropped up now again. Both clubs taken over by Bandidos and Rebels nowadays.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Of the many farcical rule changes this dud has inflicted upon the game - stand rule, kick out rule etc etc - the medical sub rule doesn't get enough attention. Hard I know when you have so many absurd changes to be critical of, but this rule is laughable. Being completely exploited, just as everyone knew it would be despite SHocking's protestations that it wouldn't.

In time, hopefully a bunch of his ridiculous incursions on the game will be removed and the people's view of him will override the sycophantic media's recent assessment of him and he'll be seen for what he was all along: a dud.

Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I know this is a hard to answer question but how far can the player who is kicking in after a behind run without bouncing the ball? Is it still 15m like elsewhere around the ground?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I know this is a hard to answer question but how far can the player who is kicking in after a behind run without bouncing the ball? Is it still 15m like elsewhere around the ground?
At the moment Stewart can run to the 50 without bouncing it.
Bailey Dale can not only run 25 meters without bouncing it, he is allowed to kick it sideways 10 metres .
The kick in rule and the man on the mark rule need to *smile* off
Its a disgrace, the attacking team gets slaughtered if they kick inaccurately.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

The 15 metre rule when running with the ball has no conditions, in other words, it applies in all situations. Therefore, the rule is the same if you play on from a mark or from a kick out or in any other situation.

As for the adjudication of the rule . . .

DS

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The 15 metre rule when running with the ball has no conditions, in other words, it applies in all situations. Therefore, the rule is the same if you play on from a mark or from a kick out or in any other situation.

DS
Cheers, I wasn’t sure if the player kicking out had extra latitude.

As you say the adjudication seems to leave a bit to be desired.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

DS

Th goal square is 9 mtrs & a player can run 15 mtrs before he "must" bounce it. In total 24 mtrs which should be easy to adjudicate because there is a 50 metre arc clearly marked on the ground.

But for the life of me I haven't seen anyone nailed for running too far when kicking in. The usual run would be at least 30 mtrs.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I'd like to see a player actually cross the defensive 50 line without bouncing just to see if a commentator actually says something.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users