Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
I use to love it when you had to kick it to yourself after a point before playing on. A quirky part of our game that made it unique.
The AFL doesn't like quirky or uniquely Australian in our game anymore.

Moving away from the umpire bouncing the ball to an American style tip off, having to kick the ball clear of hand and foot before playing on from full back was unique to the AFL and so it's gone, already trialling last touch out of bounce in other states to make it more like basketball, players seem to be allowed to run as far as they like without having to bounce the ball so I assume that rule will soon go the way of the dodo, even the vanacklier has changed; players don't mark the ball anymore they catch it.

I'm starting to think the A in AFL stands for American

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The AFL doesn't like quirky or uniquely Australian in our game anymore.

Moving away from the umpire bouncing the ball to an American style tip off, having to kick the ball clear of hand and foot before playing on from full back was unique to the AFL and so it's gone, already trialling last touch out of bounce in other states to make it more like basketball, players seem to be allowed to run as far as they like without having to bounce the ball so I assume that rule will soon go the way of the dodo, even the vanacklier has changed; players don't mark the ball anymore they catch it.

I'm starting to think the A in AFL stands for American
Assholes

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
On a somewhat related note..... I was once all-in for our chief taking over at the AFL but believe he's on the veritable 'hiding to nothing' should he ever do so.

He'd get kicked to death at the slightest whiff of any favourable outcomes for Richmond. ..... which would no doubt lead to us being shafted by the underlings to remove the perception of conflict.

It's a lose lose scenario for me now.
We'd be better off if that knucklehead Travis Auld took over and Benny can run rings around him from a distance!
oops

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the bad smell under Hockings nose is of his own creation

and he's in love with it

Gillon Mclachlan not a whole lot different

• Haha

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Agree an unprecedented conflict of interest that should have been scrutinised within an inch of it's life but sadly the weak, sycophantic AFL media won't bite the hand that feeds them.

Gutless the lot of you.(n)
I've just tweeted Rohan Connolly for his opinion. It'll be interesting what other clubs think. You can follow my public whipping here:

Tweet

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If the cheer squad had balls.
Round 1 banner
Should say.
'Thanks for the memories Mr Hocking'

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I use to love it when you had to kick it to yourself after a point before playing on. A quirky part of our game that made it unique.
Agree, that and watching the player kicking in occasionally step over the line- one of the dumbest things a footballer could do.
they may as well get rid of the goal square now

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Agree, that and watching the player kicking in occasionally step over the line- one of the dumbest things a footballer could do.
they may as well get rid of the goal square now
Might as well hand the ball over and let them have a ping from the centre square.
That and the “statue” rule. Farcical. What a flog shocking is. It’s not the same game

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Benny Gale has given Hocking's *smile* stand rule a nice old whack in the Hun today, calling it unedifying seeing players standing passively on the mark, leading to an uncontested game of keeping offs and circle work.

So it was Trevor Nisbett from WC making similar comments recently and now Benny. ....... hopefully more people with influence from clubs can get behind the push to *smile* this off prior to 2022!Screenshot_20211108-065813_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Fair old whack. Certainly let’s you know what Richmond think of the new rules and their effect. Where’s that rules thread !!

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
So SHocking points to the Premiers in 2021 coming from behind to win vindicates his shitty man-on-the-mark rule.
Obviously this has never happened before...

He's a *smile* genius

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
So SHocking points to the Premiers in 2021 coming from behind to win vindicates his shitty man-on-the-mark rule.
Obviously this has never happened before...

He's a *smile* genius
its true , he cant remember any of 2019 2020