Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
So SHocking points to the Premiers in 2021 coming from behind to win vindicates his shitty man-on-the-mark rule.
Obviously this has never happened before...

He's a *smile* genius
He credits the stand rule for that? I think it was more he case they the Bulldogs blew up and couldn't go with the demons in the second half. They had 4 hard weeks of games and travel - Tassie, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth. It just goes to show what a *smile* SHocking is.

Reactions: 3 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
He credits the stand rule for that? I think it was more he case they the Bulldogs blew up and couldn't go with the demons in the second half. They had 4 hard weeks of games and travel - Tassie, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth. It just goes to show what a *smile* SHocking is.
nah, Shocking puts it all down to his genius. a quote from the article:

Former AFL football boss Steve Hocking made clear he believed the changes had worked after a remarkable Grand Final that saw key momentum swings between Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs.

“I look to the Grand Final and I think you have a look at 10 minutes to go in third quarter, the Dogs are 19 points up (and Melbourne won),” he said last month.

“If any of you needed to understand what my vision was for the game, that game captured it. It was really about the best players being able to demonstrate their high level of skills.”

Gee, I wonder when the last time a team came from behind in the third quarter of a grand final to win. Must have been a long time ago.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Former AFL football boss Steve Hocking made clear he believed the changes had worked after a remarkable Grand Final that saw key momentum swings between Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs.

“I look to the Grand Final and I think you have a look at 10 minutes to go in third quarter, the Dogs are 19 points up (and Melbourne won),” he said last month.

“If any of you needed to understand what my vision was for the game, that game captured it. It was really about the best players being able to demonstrate their high level of skills.”

Gee, I wonder when the last time a team came from behind in the third quarter of a grand final to win. Must have been a long time ago.
Come on leave him alone
He needs to cling to something.
All he has done is ruin the fabric of the game

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021

Petracca's goal from the boundary in broken play - All Hocking
The Dee's run of centre bounce clearances in the 3rd qtr that turned the game - All Hocking , with out the stand rule could not have happened

I don't know how , but Hocking/AFL wouldn't LIE about these things

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Lets be fair, 11 months feels like a lifetime in these covid affected times.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I just can’t believe he’s going to credit Melbourne’s great result to his “stand” rule. What a twat.

To pick out 1 game as “evidence” of the stand rule (with no qualitative reason why) is absurd. Is the crappy WB v Essendon final evidence the stand rule didn’t work?

Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm just looking forward to the implosion on whatever this d!ckhead touches at Pussy Park.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Chris Scott's skin tells us he's taking Dank-like supplements similar to James Hird. He's practically glowing orange from radioactive substances.

Hocking will need to keep his distance from Scott to avoid setting off fireworks down the highway for other clubs to enjoy.

Everything will be fine as long as Hocking and Scott don't try to take control from each other. Perfectly fine.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I hear he makes the whole office stand still when he walks around and they can’t move until he calls “move on”. He reckons it’s improved office safety but the whole office just thinks he’s a moron.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I hear he makes the whole office stand still when he walks around and they can’t move until he calls “move on”. He reckons it’s improved office safety but the whole office just thinks he’s a moron.
Colonel Klink

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Come on leave him alone
He needs to cling to something.
All he has done is ruin the fabric of the game
If ever there has been anyone in this crazy world to meddle and ruin the great game of AFL it is him.
Have been watching some of the older games and they were great with good footy and big crowds.
As many have said if it is not broke then don't fix it.
As you say Zips he has ruined the fabric of the game.
Is there someone game enough to at least get rid of the statue rule.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If ever there has been anyone in this crazy world to meddle and ruin the great game of AFL it is him.
Have been watching some of the older games and they were great with good footy and big crowds.
As many have said if it is not broke then don't fix it.
As you say Zips he has ruined the fabric of the game.
Is there someone game enough to at least get rid of the statue rule.
All of them are cowards.
Just fess up and admit the rule is bullshiit and revert back to the normal.

Reactions: 3 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
It was also a game where they didn't police it to the same level. Was it brought in to increase scoring? Well f off shocking it failed. There was also a great comeback final 12months ago.
I just can’t believe he’s going to credit Melbourne’s great result to his “stand” rule. What a twat.

To pick out 1 game as “evidence” of the stand rule (with no qualitative reason why) is absurd. Is the crappy WB v Essendon final evidence the stand rule didn’t work

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
It was also a game where they didn't police it to the same level. Was it brought in to increase scoring? Well f off shocking it failed. There was also a great comeback final 12months ago.
In a 20% shorter game as well.