Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
*smile*.

Openly admitted to changing the rules to curtail our dominance and prop the club he used to play for up.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Worst thing that's happened to footy.

Absolute *smile* that introduces rule changes the day before the season starts!

Amateur hour at its most dangerous

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
*smile*.

Openly admitted to changing the rules to curtail our dominance and prop the club he used to play for up.
I want evidence he's said exactly that.
That sounds like a frustrated Tiger supporter, not the AFL head of football.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Sam Landsberger or Edmund tweeted that the genesis for the man on the mark was Hocking was so affronted by how we defended the man on the mark that this sparked the rule change.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That's not him openly admitting it, it's a journo speculating about what he thinks.

If they did that about something Gale was thinking about Hardwick rooting staff members, we'd all scream they were talking crap to stir the pot.

Not even slightly comparable. You are trying to equate fan biases due to supporting a team (understandable), with possible bias at the organisation that administers the rules of the competition.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
No, I'm equating journos suggesting someone thinks something when the person has never actually said it.

So because someone hasn't said something publicly, yet it has been reported that they feel a certain way, it means it wasn't said?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
he wears a suit, glasses and played for geelong. Probably did a course in something too. What more do you need?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Hard to avoid the swear filter when talking about him.

Said on twitter that history will judge him the worst administrator or influence on the game ever and some one responded by saying we don't need history, we know now.

Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Leppa also referred to it. In discussions last year about how Richmond train how to man a mark, Hocking, or another minion, said, and I'm trying to remember the direct words, something along the lines of "Don't worry, we're dealing with that next year".

These comments came out around the same time as the journo's comments about the rule being called the "Richmond Rule". Mince asked Leppa about it and that's when Leppa said what he said.

Reactions: 6 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Leppa admitted on SEN that he had conversations with Hocking during the QLD hubs about our aggressive approach to manning the mark and how we put alot of work on it at training. Leppa then said I probably shouldn't say anymore. You can put 1 and 1 together after that.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Leppa admitted on SEN that he had conversations with Hocking during the QLD hubs about our aggressive approach to manning the mark and how we put alot of work on it at training. Leppa then said I probably shouldn't say anymore. You can put 1 and 1 together after that.

Nah it needs to be reported verbatim for some.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Needs to be Sacked the game is a joke with him on Board needs to go right now

Reactions: 1 user