Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Blobbo was already full rant in the Hun this morning about it. Reckons we need another rule change to combat players taking advantage of a *smile* rule, because the *smile* rule has opened up the game n saved it.

Dickheads like Robbo the problem. The umpires who don't even do this full time are the mercy of this drunken imbecile who just spouts off nonsense because he has been given a platform that then heightens the pressure on them the following week. By the letter of the law, there was nothing wrong with those 50s. They change the hands in the back rule, and lo and behold there's a bunch of decision around that that stink. The rules are the problem, because they are all woolly and open to interpretation, and those in the media who use vague, nonspecific terms like 'the look of the game' are exacerbating it and the likes of Hocking were just pandering to them.

Robbo, his weasel of an offsider on 360 and a few others are tumours that need to be cut out for the betterment of the game.

Reactions: 6 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
"AFL great Kevin Sheedy says 50m penalties are killing the game and is advocating the introduction of a 25m penalty as a matter of urgency"
I think the thing with this is you would hopefully get a clamp down on the scragging blight @DavidSSS bangs on about. Plus you get rid of stand but religiously clamp down on time wasting.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
People seem to forget it was Sheedy’s tactics that instigated the 50m penalty. It was previously a 15m penalty and Sheeds coached his players to deliberately scrag and hold up the opposition players so they could set up defensively and 15m conceded was a relatively minimal Imposition.

Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
People seem to forget it was Sheedy’s tactics that instigated the 50m penalty. It was previously a 15m penalty and Sheeds coached his players to deliberately scrag and hold up the opposition players so they could set up defensively and 15m conceded was a relatively minimal Imposition.
It's funny watching old footage of players who have given away a free kick roll the ball along the ground to the opposition player.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I can remember seeing Essendon players deliberately kicking the ball 15 rows into the crowd to delay the game and set up downfield. 15m was a small price to pay for the benefit of getting players back.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep. He most certainly did. I was a recipient of that coaching. It also involved, in certain circumstances, delaying giving the ball back including giving it to the wrong player and holding up giving the ball back to umpires at stoppages and also when the ball went over the boundary line.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
50m penalty shouldn’t be reduced to 25m
Its the dumbass stand rule that’s the issue AFL need to get rid of stand rule

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
50m penalty shouldn’t be reduced to 25m
Its the dumbass stand rule that’s the issue AFL need to get rid of stand rule
Correct.

Reducing it to 25m will mean that it isn't complained about as much, which the AFL will view as acceptance of the rule by the public.

Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Ah Robbo, thy suit is not subtlety or bias? For god’s sake - Robbo quoting Sheeds because Hirdy is quietly getting ready to shaft Cameron up North, otherwise he would be again putting out columns there is a groundswell to get Hird back to Essendon. He wanted Prestia brought to account for potentially milking a 50 on the weekend when the AFL has implemented (admittedly) a stupid rule to stop time wasting. When Essendon wrote the rules on how to do it. What annoys me is that it has always annoyed me that all clubs hold the play up and have not been penalised. I give a free away, so I tangle myself up and make no effort to get off you, the infringed player, all the while fighting to hold onto the ball, so I slowly stand up and then slow mo throw the ball to you. And…….nothing……..crickets….. I mean really ? But that is not time wasting/holding up the play? Wow.

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
As I’ve said previously, everytime I see this pricks name pop up I feel like punching something. But I think I have a solution. We already have a thread titled “ The Geelong Cants”. If it’s ok Mr T, to help alleviate my blood pressure when I see this thread title pop up, can you change the title of this thread to “ The Geelong *smile*” ?
:)

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
As I’ve said previously, everytime I see this pricks name pop up I feel like punching something. But I think I have a solution. We already have a thread titled “ The Geelong Cants”. If it’s ok Mr T, to help alleviate my blood pressure when I see this thread title pop up, can you change the title of this thread to “ The Geelong *smile*” ?
:)
C U in the NT

• Haha

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Ah Robbo, thy suit is not subtlety or bias? For god’s sake - Robbo quoting Sheeds because Hirdy is quietly getting ready to shaft Cameron up North, otherwise he would be again putting out columns there is a groundswell to get Hird back to Essendon. He wanted Prestia brought to account for potentially milking a 50 on the weekend when the AFL has implemented (admittedly) a stupid rule to stop time wasting. When Essendon wrote the rules on how to do it. What annoys me is that it has always annoyed me that all clubs hold the play up and have not been penalised. I give a free away, so I tangle myself up and make no effort to get off you, the infringed player, all the while fighting to hold onto the ball, so I slowly stand up and then slow mo throw the ball to you. And…….nothing……..crickets….. I mean really ? But that is not time wasting/holding up the play? Wow.
Jack is a master at getting tangled up with opponents.
I’m sick of the rules ruining the game.
The deliberate out of bounds (or as it’s now called insufficient intent to keep it in)., this used to be called kicking it into space - a great offensive ploy.
Stand - well enough has been said on that, except I will say that The umpire can not say two things at once, so it’s usually stand and then play on. The guy on the mark is rooted.
The 6-6-6 takes away a defensive side of the game that we had almost perfected.
The running out of the goal square with having to kick it, the moving th3 mark back to 15m from 10m, all to help opponents clear the ball outside their defensive 50m.
Then there is ruck lotto - no one knows what’s going on there.
And now another rule which has very little to do with the actual game, no abuse or demonstrative behaviour….this is the last straw. Another rule which each u pure will interpret differently…ffs this is the final straw

Reactions: 4 users