Steve Morris to Captain Richmond VFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Morris to Captain Richmond VFL

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Congratulations to Steve Morris on his appointment as Captain of the ressies. He'll be a very good role model to the younger players, and is very good Richmond person.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Steve Morris named Captain of our VFL side

Firstly congratulations Steven, I know you will give it all plus more. Great to get recognition for your big commitment to this football club.
Secondly, our culture of playing will be enforced by this guy, AFL side & current coaches and it will not only prolong our pressure-run-tackling game plan and culture, but create a wonderful environment to get the best out of our younger players.

I think its a grand appointment.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Re: Steve Morris named Captain of our VFL side

I don't think its a good idea baving morris as captain. We havent got anyone else that at leaat can play the game?

martyshire

^^ Jack Graham that is
Aug 11, 2007
Rowville...or maybe London

No 4 said:
Firstly congratulations Steven, I know you will give it all plus more. Great to get recognition for your big commitment to this football club.
Secondly, our culture of playing will be enforced by this guy, AFL side & current coaches and it will not only prolong our pressure-run-tackling game plan and culture, but create a wonderful environment to get the best out of our younger players.

I think its a grand appointment.
I agree. Great appointment.

Definitely not in our best 22 but almost certainly going to remain in our best 44 and, what's more important, has a great work ethic.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

martyshire said:
I agree. Great appointment.

Definitely not in our best 22 but almost certainly going to remain in our best 44 and, what's more important, has a great work ethic.

Not in our best 44. If he was i’d think he would still be on our AFL list.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007

WesternTiger said:
Not in our best 44. If he was i’d think he would still be on our AFL list.
Best 100?

Jokes aside, seems to be outstanding young man

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Some tough crowd here.

Great appointment.

Wonderful clubman , gave his all and will install the continue club culture which we are developing with our young list in the VFL side.

Didn't finish his career well due to injury and form but gee his 2 years were some pretty good football. Highlights package on the website reinforced my view of him.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Nomorewaiting said:
Some tough crowd here.

Great appointment.

Wonderful clubman , gave his all and will install the continue club culture which we are developing with our young list in the VFL side.

Didn't finish his career well due to injury and form but gee his 2 years were some pretty good football. Highlights package on the website reinforced my view of him.

Hope you’re not referring to me waiting? I’m just pointing out that he’s not in our best 44 simply due to the fact that he is no longer on our list. Great clubman and I agree good appointment.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think he’ll be a great Captain at that level. He was a battler at AFL, but the game comes back to his level at the next tier. Great appointment.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Midsy said:
We'll be the best star jumping side in the VFL...!

many of our players now get praised for manning the mark the way Morris has been bagged for for years.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I just bumped into Morris at a Coles supermarket in Coburg. He looked in super shape. Just had a very quick chat and he's real excited with the promotion I took away from it.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Congrats to Morro a true Tiger.

Will be good leader in the VFL will bring the newfound senior culture to the youngsters.

With our own reserves side it is handy to keep the odd senior player at the club in a VFL capacity to play and help the kids.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
craig said:
Congrats to Morro a true Tiger.

Will be good leader in the VFL will bring the newfound senior culture to the youngsters.

With our own reserves side it is handy to keep the odd senior player at the club in a VFL capacity to play and help the kids.

Agree craigo. Good appointment for the 2nds skipper.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Stevie Morris will be Captain again this season, what a great clubman and fantastic Richmond person Steve is.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigerman said:
Stevie Morris will be Captain again this season, what a great clubman and fantastic Richmond person Steve is.

Mozzzzaaaaaaaaa!!!! Time to win a flag in the 2nds.