Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
graystar1 said:
To quote the AFL web site Tigers wear down tired Demons.

Tired demons?? Give me a break!!

Maybe the should have done their preseason camp.
Melbourne are mentally weak.
They tried to beat us at our own game.
Gave up after 1st quarter.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just watch what happens if colllingwood beat us.
Premiership favourite
Star players
Awesome game plan
Rejuvenated coach
Best assistant coaches

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
zippadeee said:
Premiership favourite
Star players
Awesome game plan
Rejuvenated coach
Best assistant coaches

It has already started. The Fox Footy guys were all over them building them up.

Except for King who said if they play the way they played against Essendon that we would smash them. We will not let them waltz from defense to goal 8 times

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Malcolm Blight said the Pies have beaten better teams than Richmond who have beaten average sides and lost to Crows whereas Collingwood beat them.

Sounds like an Adelaide flog to me.

Having said that Collingwood are playing great footy and have found some pace and are a good pressure side. (hopefully I can retract that statement after gameday Sunday ;D)

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
caesar said:
Malcolm Blight said the Pies have beaten better teams than Richmond who have beaten average sides and lost to Crows whereas Collingwood beat them.

Sounds like an Adelaide flog to me.

I don't suppose Malcolm mentioned the fact that Hawthorn flogged Collingwood and we subsequently beat Hawthorn comfortably?

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
zippadeee said:
Premiership favourite
Star players
Awesome game plan
Rejuvenated coach
Best assistant coaches

Exactly. The praise for us, mostly, is muted and compromised. Anyone else who remotely looks half decent is amazing.
"Richmond are clearly the best team....AT THE MOMENT. It's a weak comp. Geez they've been lucky." Let me translate. Richmond aren't that good. How the F did they win
a flag. Surely someone else will come good and knock them off. God I hope they do anyway.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yeah it's happening.

The Pies will knock off those Tigers and become favourites and as one SEN supporter rang up , the lid will come off.

Still no respect to the Tigers.

Granted the Pies have played pretty good footy but they are facing the best defence in the AFL at the G where we play the ground so perfectly and smashed sides who can't sustain their pressure for 4 quarters.

What will people like Blight say , or Scott ( who for one minute thinks we are the best ), would have been hard to him to be complementary towards us, that the Pies were off.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
spook said:
Maybe it is a weaker comp, who cares? God knows Hawthorn was the worst triple-premiership side I've ever seen. Brisbane of '01-'03 would have smashed them by 10 goals.

Ummm... have you seen the Collingwood team they played two GF's against. I'm staggered Collingwood made the 8, let alone 2 straight GF.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
caesar said:
Chris Scott saying Tiger's clearly the best :eek:

Sounded like a philosopher this morning.

Just keep winning Tiges, there's too many idiots out there who just can't accept the facts.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Blight hates us with a passion. He cant accept that we are good.

This game should be like the games we played them when they were good under Malthouse.
We would think we have improved but they would bury us.
Keeping us to low scores.
This is a massive opportunity to return serve

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
From Rohan Connolly this morning, he says we are clearly the best side at the moment:

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/richmond-tigers-afl-ladder-dustin-martin/10yqa3uy3qpkv19k2bj18sjl1d

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Kornes is so flakey, an idiot even. Lambert only Tiger in his team of the week. I didn't see any other games except Coll-ess admittedly, but I'd make an argument that Grimes/ Rance/ Astbury played a fantastic backline game, hard to flaw at all, top notch, all were amongst the best players on the ground in a tough game, all got plenty of votes here in our pantera player of the year, all three! Annoying. What a goose.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tigersnake said:
Kornes is so flakey, an idiot even. Lambert only Tiger in his team of the week. I didn't see any other games except Coll-ess admittedly, but I'd make an argument that Grimes/ Rance/ Astbury played a fantastic backline game, hard to flaw at all, top notch, all were amongst the best players on the ground in a tough game, all got plenty of votes here in our pantera player of the year, all three! Annoying. What a goose.

Who.wants to be in a side selected by the biggst knob in the game.
P.s he wont last long being a shock jock...Careyyyy

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
tigersnake said:

Didnt Rance play on Melksham for most of the game? Thought he was below par. Had 4 kicked on him and lost mulitple contests against a very average footballer who hadnt kicked a goal all year. Astbury I agree was fantastic.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
IanG said:
From Rohan Connolly this morning, he says we are clearly the best side at the moment:

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/richmond-tigers-afl-ladder-dustin-martin/10yqa3uy3qpkv19k2bj18sjl1d

Thanks for the link - good read