Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

tigersnake said:
Kornes is so flakey, an idiot even. Lambert only Tiger in his team of the week. I didn't see any other games except Coll-ess admittedly, but I'd make an argument that Grimes/ Rance/ Astbury played a fantastic backline game, hard to flaw at all, top notch, all were amongst the best players on the ground in a tough game, all got plenty of votes here in our pantera player of the year, all three! Annoying. What a goose.

Did Walker make it?

They will never give us due recognition because we don't conform to their idea of what a good side is. This is why we hear that it's a poor comp because we pick apart sides a different way to what their darling Hawks used to do and Clarko is not finished in their eyes nor is Geelong or Sydney. In a way it's good because they continue to underestimate us, they forget what ordinary GF's the Hawks v WCE, Freo & Sydney to a lesser extent were. Long may they continue to do so because we may well win our 12th, 13th & 14th Premierships. There is no team that can give us a run on the MCG because the contenders will all be interstate teams.

"At the moment" is this massive caveat. The comp is in flux. The truly good sides aren't settled for one reason or another. Injuries. Compromised drafts. GWS should be creaming everyone but can't get it together. Richmond are on top because of a mystical alignment of footy planets. Three little words.

We just need to slap the Pies around this Sunday for the footy world to finally accept the reality that is we are the best team in the AFL, without caveats.

On the other hand, if the Pies beat us then they'll be flag favorites and the best team in a tough competition.

Baloo said:
We just need to slap the Pies around this Sunday for the footy world to finally accept the reality that is we are the best team in the AFL, without caveats.

On the other hand, if the Pies beat us then they'll be flag favorites and the best team in a tough competition.

Wouldn't be surprised, and with their best evidence being that they beat the premiers.....what a wonderful world this AFL is.

Tails said:
They will never give us due recognition because we don't conform to their idea of what a good side is. This is why we hear that it's a poor comp because we pick apart sides a different way to what their darling Hawks used to do and Clarko is not finished in their eyes nor is Geelong or Sydney. In a way it's good because they continue to underestimate us, they forget what ordinary GF's the Hawks v WCE, Freo & Sydney to a lesser extent were. Long may they continue to do so because we may well win our 12th, 13th & 14th Premierships. There is no team that can give us a run on the MCG because the contenders will all be interstate teams.
Brereton just said exactly this on SEN about an hour ago. He said we are best team in the comp nut comp standard is very low and we are no champion team like previous eras.

Fighting Fury said:
egobourne fans in the crowd really irate that they could not match it with us.

Particularly in the first half, the old "how did they win the flag" comment got a good run.

I had to point out that we were simply the best team last year.
Got told that we only won the cup because of a dream run with injuries

"first the dogs, and then Richmond..."

I couldn't resist..."maybe Melbourne will have a chance one day"...

They were filthy because they just cannot get their heads around how strong we are.

Another comeback to them: "Blame your 1965 board for inflicting The Norm Smith Curse upon your club."

Tenacious Tiges said:
Brereton just said exactly this on SEN about an hour ago. He said we are best team in the comp nut comp standard is very low and we are no champion team like previous eras.

:hihi

Oh Dermie, 2 Brownlow medalists, 4 x AA key back, 2 x Coleman medalist, the best small forward brigade in the comp, an elite defensive rebounder & host of other B graders.

This bloke has had one too many face lifts.

bullus_hit said:

Oh Dermie, 2 Brownlow medalists, 4 x AA key back, 2 x Coleman medalist, the best small forward brigade in the comp, an elite defensive rebounder & host of other B graders.

If we go back to back some will still not credit us.
Reminds me of Brisbane in the early 2000's. Never got the real credit after all was done and dusted.

bullus_hit said:

The problem with Dermie is he loved us when we were trying to make the 8, deep down knowing that we have no chance of getting a flag but now that we have become a real side, he can't handle it.
He will be like many others waiting for us to capitulate.

Tenacious Tiges said:

Thats OK so long as he acknowledges the Hawthorn and Geelong sides who won multiple premierships from 2007 onwards were not all time great teams either

se7en said:
If we go back to back some will still not credit us.
Reminds me of Brisbane in the early 2000's. Never got the real credit after all was done and dusted.
this is the point I was trying to make a few days ago. Noone said Brisbane was the best team of the era before they won the 3 premierships !!

If we spend a few years around the top and win a couple of flags our team will get recognised. That's why I have always been so keen on us making a really good fist of 2018, it will make the talking down of the 2017 win seem hollow.

Tenacious Tiges said:
It seems that according to Dermie, the standard of the comp has declined in direct proportion to the decline of the Hawks.
hmmm

larabee said:
It seems that according to Dermie, the standard of the comp has declined in direct proportion to the decline of the Hawks.
hmmm

But I thought the Hawks had done such a great job at staying a strong team, even tho they are middle of the table at best.

Mac said:
His comments belong in the More Brereton Absurdity thread. (What a great thread that was!)

:cutelaugh

Yes they do.

Dermie has invested interest in the Hawks side of yester-year being labelled great. :blah
His patronising tone towards us has ground my gears for many years so no surprises seeing him try to talk us down.
Anyways Jack Riewoldt & Alex Rance will replace him in the media soon enough.. :cupgold

RE: Dermie B. a friend of mine was a nurse at the Alfred Hospital many moons ago and has some great stories about minor celebrities from Melbourne. the one about Derm the Perm is a cracker. does this ring a bell to anyone? can it be revealed or does it make me liable?

The negativity isn't a bad thing, let's string 10 years in the 8, 7 of those in preliminary's, 4 grand finals, 3 flags
Currently it's 4 out of 5 in the 8, knocked out in the first week 3 times and one finish in the top 4 with one premiership.
We need to sustain this level for not just this year but for the next 8..

gutfull said:
Pandaboy OK lets drop Rance ....

All i said was that rance wouldn't have made my team of the week as auggested from the original poster, as he was soundly beaten on the night.

Pretty boring board if every player was just immune to critisism wouldnt it.

These *smile* heads just can’t get their heads around the fact that we are a champion team, not a team of champions.

They just refuse to comprehend it, or maybe can’t comprehend it.