Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Sometimes ya just gotta go back to have a laugh. ...... can't recall reading this at the time (why would you? ) anyway , the best news is we'll be coming good in 22 and 23 ;)

Good to see we have something to look forward to in the coming years. It’s been too long since our last flag.....................................:p

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Sometimes ya just gotta go back to have a laugh. ...... can't recall reading this at the time (why would you? ) anyway , the best news is we'll be coming good in 22 and 23 ;)

Hilarious oh why oh why didn't we get Armitage, Hanneberry and Treloar.
Who will be our next star, certainly not Vlaustin.
Prestia what the F***! are the Tigers doing.
:D :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hilarious oh why oh why didn't we get Armitage, Hanneberry and Treloar.
Who will be our next star, certainly not Vlaustin.
Prestia what the F***! are the Tigers doing.
:D :D
Cornes and King, living proof that because someone could play the game doesn’t necessarily mean you can effectively analyse it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The HS for publishing the list ratings with an error which meant we weren't # 1 which is where we are rated. they just could have us #1 at any cost...

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Though champion data rate us overall as having the No1 list ...... I'm still trying to figure out how GWS tops the ratings for forwards.....
Their last outing was a tad underwhelming l woulda thought.

Just as Teddy Hopkins bamboozled the *smile* out of the pies post halftime in the 70 GF...... He really pulled a good one on the AFL when he sold this crap to them!

2020 list ratings: Kangas' shock rise, Dogs tipped to shine - https://www.afl.com.au/news/371619

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Though champion data rate us overall as having the No1 list ...... I'm still trying to figure out how GWS tops the ratings for forwards.....
Their last outing was a tad underwhelming l woulda thought.

Just as Teddy Hopkins bamboozled the **** out of the pies post halftime in the 70 GF...... He really pulled a good one on the AFL when he sold this crap to them!

2020 list ratings: Kangas' shock rise, Dogs tipped to shine - https://www.afl.com.au/news/371619

GWS rated 1 for forwards.
The same forward line that scored 3 goals in 100 minutes in perfect conditions..
Yeah right

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
A few days ago i'm sure the HS had our list rated as 8th or 9th just after the Bumbers!

I was thinking it would only be fair to organise the dreaft order accordingly so we could get our apparenlty average list up to scratch!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
A few days ago i'm sure the HS had our list rated as 8th or 9th just after the Bumbers!

I was thinking it would only be fair to organise the dreaft order accordingly so we could get our apparenlty average list up to scratch!
Think that was our mids. Defence and Forwards were both top three but according to the experts our mids are bog average.

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Think that was our mids. Defence and Forwards were both top three but according to the experts our mids are bog average.

They're are right.
We should've beaten GWS by 35 goals for them to rate us.
Just wait for Ross CCD and Martyn to join Prestia Lambert Edwards in the guts

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd imagine Champion Data's rankings would be based on adding the average points of players in those positions. The ruck would hurt us in that measure.

Funniest one was Geelong - ranked 16th for defence despite conceding the fewest points in the H&A season in 2019.

• Wow

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Funniest one was Geelong - ranked 16th for defence despite conceding the fewest points in the H&A season in 2019.

I think that was one of the strange anomalies of 2019. on paper their backline is average (albeit Stewart being AA) and they have a lot of one-way runners in the midfield. I'm tipping we won't see a repeat of that in 2020

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Probably not the right place for this comment. .... can't seem to find a 2020 prediction thread so if there is one please point me there.

Is it just my imagination or is there an inordinate amount of certain clubs really talking the talk this preseason?
I get the membership drive thing but it can quickly turn to *smile* if ya don't deliver!

I'm starting to wonder how we'll make the 8 with Melbourne, North, St Kilda and the Swans pushing their case for a resurgence.
I hope Ratts knows what he's doing down there under the watchful eyes of those highly respected operators Pants Lethlean amd Grubby Allen.

Btw..... we should have copyrighted the connection word..... ffs everyone is so connected these days it's nearly like they're bonking eachother to catch up!

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I think that was one of the strange anomalies of 2019. on paper their backline is average (albeit Stewart being AA) and they have a lot of one-way runners in the midfield. I'm tipping we won't see a repeat of that in 2020

It was because they held defenders back and had uber slow ball movement. i.e. always had coverage back there.

"Boring".

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Geelong had 1676 points kicked against them in 2019 including finals averaging 67

They had 9 home games and conceded 524 at an average 58 points. They won 8 lost one

Their 16 away from Kardina Park averaged 72

8 games at the G they conceded 545 at an average 68. They won 5 lost 4

The biggest difference for Geelong was in their attack

At Geelong they kicked 901 in 9 games for an average 100

At MCG they licked 641 in 8 games at an average 80. 80 was also their average in other away games

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Geelong also have the advantage of having to defend their sausage of a ground every seconds week.