Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Robbo has Bont as his no. 1 player, Dusty at 2..... :rotfl2

thats way beyond ROFL. need a dogmatic boozy moron emoji

anybody who doesn't acknowledge dusty as the best is quite simply telegraphing to the world,

that their understanding of footy is fairly rudimentary at worst, or partial and blinded by hate at best.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Derwayne on SEN today once again said West Coast were the best team in it last & are the best team in it this yr.
Yep, makes sense....:rolleyes:

it’s like saying the West Indian cricket team were the best team in the recent women’s T20 WC. They came 5th but they were the best team in it.....

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
These statements have nothing to do with WC. It's all about denigrating our flags.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Derwayne on SEN today once again said West Coast were the best team in it last & are the best team in it this yr.

Bruce was the best football commentator last year and this year followed by BT, JB, Wayne Schwass, The skinny guy from MMM, Hamish and everyone else before Derwayne and Basil who are equal last...…..but who's counting.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
To fill the void the HUN are doing ”who’s the best team” of the past decade.

”Tigers won their flags beating no one of note” says one reader.

Another says “not the Richmond sides of 17/19, the standard of class in AFL teams has dropped since 2017.”

:rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Another says “not the Richmond sides of 17/19, the standard of class in AFL teams has dropped since 2017.”

Unbelievable how salty some get.
I bet he barracks for footscray or Stkilda

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Unbelievable how salty some get.
I bet he barracks for footscray or Stkilda

"Tigers won their flags beating no-one of note". Strewth .......

2017:
Geelong: we hadn't beaten them in eons and were rank outsiders. And after a tight battle for 2.5 quarters (highlighting both teams' quality), we smashed them.
GWS: in hindsight, they were always going to struggle, but another tight game where we pulled away in the end.
Adelaide: Sheesh, again rank outsiders. Did anyone think we would win? And we smashed them in end again.

2019:
Brisbane away: What was it after Round 23? "They've gotten close enough to be able to suggest they can win at home". Pffft.
Geelong: 21 down at the long break. Nuff said.
GWS: Agree here, in hindsight they were gone. But gee weren' the media pumping up their tyres pre-match?

Maybe we dodged some bullets avoiding Collingwood and West Coast in 2019 (thanks, Hawks), but that's out of our hands.

If nothing else, two quality wins against Geelong.
I'm sure Chris Scott would agree that we beat "no-one of note".

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

2017:
Geelong: we hadn't beaten them in eons and were rank outsiders. And after a tight battle for 2.5 quarters (highlighting both teams' quality), we smashed them.
GWS: in hindsight, they were always going to struggle, but another tight game where we pulled away in the end.
Adelaide: Sheesh, again rank outsiders. Did anyone think we would win? And we smashed them in end again.

2019:
Brisbane away: What was it after Round 23? "They've gotten close enough to be able to suggest they can win at home". Pffft.
GWS: Agree here, in hindsight they were gone. But gee weren' the media pumping up their tyres pre-match?

Maybe we dodged some bullets avoiding Collingwood and West Coast in 2019 (thanks, Hawks), but that's out of our hands.

We didn't beat sides in all our finals, we slapped them.
Even the geelong final last year they only scored 2 goals after half time.
We were trailing by 21 points at half time and still won by 3 goals

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

2017:

2019:

These smart ar**s don't seem to realise that there are no bad teams if they can make the final eight cut and we can only play the teams the rules specify. That we have proved we can more than match to anyone in the league doesn't seem to matter in their eyes

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

I have no idea why they even published those comments, they tell us nothing.
I do have to laugh tho, at the time they said Crows were the best side of '17....

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

2017:

2019:

We beat both WCE & Pies late in the season anyway....

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
These smart ar**s don't seem to realise that there are no bad teams if they can make the final eight cut and we can only play the teams the rules specify. That we have proved we can more than match to anyone in the league doesn't seem to matter in their eyes
I'd like to know who we should have played given no1 else was good enough to make it either year. over the last 3 seasons we have 10 more wins than anyone else so no1 has been good enough for a while now.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And how bad were there sides if they couldn’t even make the GF?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have no idea why they even published those comments, they tell us nothing.
I do have to laugh tho, at the time they said Crows were the best side of '17....

I suppose that explains this:

Richmond-Pemiership.jpg

Hmm, maybe not, they don't appear to be engraving "Adelaide" on that nice little trophy.

Adelaide were a damned good side in 2017, and we beat them along with every other team that we faced in the finals, hence we were the best side.

Now, can they enlighten us on who exactly would have beaten Richmond in the 2019 Grand Final the way we were playing? We would have smacked any opposition into oblivion the way we played that day.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Richmond 2017-2019 is a magnificent team by anyone’s measure.

2018 we spent our tickets achieving the remarkable winning run at the MCG and finishing top. Finals didn’t happen for us, but it was still a fine year.

I can’t recall many teams dominating 3 years and two finals series like this. The 2017 and 2019 finals were a blissful group of shellackings that none of the recent ‘great’ teams have come close to. This in an era that has teams like GWS, WC, C’wood, Adelaide and Geelong all chock full of talent.

Everyone deep down knows how good we’ve been.

Bombers 2000 were one of the best sides I’ve seen. Maybe they didn’t have much competition. Doesn’t change how good they were. Everyone wanted their team to play them. Then Lions, cats and hawks. Now everyone wants their team to play like us. And that’s that.

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I suppose that explains this:

Richmond-Pemiership.jpg

Hmm, maybe not, they don't appear to be engraving "Adelaide" on that nice little trophy.

Adelaide were a damned good side in 2017, and we beat them along with every other team that we faced in the finals, hence we were the best side.

Now, can they enlighten us on who exactly would have beaten Richmond in the 2019 Grand Final the way we were playing? We would have smacked any opposition into oblivion the way we played that day.

DS
Pies fans seem to think they'd have beaten us, given how brutal thier prelim was we'd have smacked them as well.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Richmond 2017-2019 is a magnificent team by anyone’s measure.

2018 we spent our tickets achieving the remarkable winning run at the MCG and finishing top. Finals didn’t happen for us, but it was still a fine year.

I can’t recall many teams dominating 3 years and two finals series like this. The 2017 and 2019 finals were a blissful group of shellackings that none of the recent ‘great’ teams have come close to. This in an era that has teams like GWS, WC, C’wood, Adelaide and Geelong all chock full of talent.

Everyone deep down knows how good we’ve been.

Bombers 2000 were one of the best sides I’ve seen. Maybe they didn’t have much competition. Doesn’t change how good they were. Everyone wanted their team to play them. Then Lions, cats and hawks. Now everyone wants their team to play like us. And that’s that.
I recall post '17 it was reported that our Finals series was the most dominant by any side since '00 Bombers. Ppl carry on like we'd won all of our finals by under a kick...

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Finished top 3 the last 3 years, and qualified for 3 straight prelims, and won 2 flags with extremely dominant displays. That’s pretty damn good by anyone’s standard.

Reactions: 4 users