Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
This is where I'm not sure if people genuinely believe the anti-Richmond conspiracy theories or if you just don't notice things about other clubs which makes you create them.

Off the top of my head I can remember seeing the following reported in the paper: Article about the split and rumour of Hawkins fight (which was garbage), Geelong post a photo of Hawkins and Rohan to defuse rumour, Rohan likes exes photo of night out on instagram, Rohan's ex makes cryptic post on instagram, Rohan's ex speaks out about pain of split, third party has been let go by Geelong.

That's at least 6 reports about a marriage split for a bloke who has a relatively low profile as a player. Under the carpet?
It's nothing like the reporting Dimma has had, even today Dimma was on the HS website because he & his new partner went for a walk, i mean the standard of reporting is at an unacceptable level now.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Was watching some of the crows/ port game last night and the commentators were glowing with praise about how port nailed the 2018 draft with rozee, butters and duursma . They said if port win the flag it would be because of that. They then went on to say how Geelong got the draft right in the early 2000’s. Gushed about the hawks being spot on with their picks in the mid 2000’s. They even went on to say that the bears/ lions did well in the mid to late 90’s. Then they proceeded to keep commentating on the game in progress.
I know they have the memories of goldfish and the intelligence of worms but I would have thought a team that’s won 3 of the last 4 flags would have been doing something right in the draft to get a mention. If any are reading let me give you an example of how a draft got nailed.
Pick 11 - Jayden Short ( 2 flags, second best on ground in a grand final, best & fairest in a premiership year)
Pick 29 - Jason Castagna ( 3 flags)
Pick 46 - Kane Lambert ( 3 flags)
Pick 68 - Ivan Soldo ( 1 flag after transferring from playing basketball and with minimal footy experience prior to being drafted)

9 flags is a pretty good return in any draft wouldn’t you say?
Which draft was it? The 2015 rookie draft.
10 flags if you count Pick 67 Dan Butler in the national draft held a week earlier

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was watching some of the crows/ port game last night and the commentators were glowing with praise about how port nailed the 2018 draft with rozee, butters and duursma . They said if port win the flag it would be because of that. They then went on to say how Geelong got the draft right in the early 2000’s. Gushed about the hawks being spot on with their picks in the mid 2000’s. They even went on to say that the bears/ lions did well in the mid to late 90’s. Then they proceeded to keep commentating on the game in progress.
I know they have the memories of goldfish and the intelligence of worms but I would have thought a team that’s won 3 of the last 4 flags would have been doing something right in the draft to get a mention. If any are reading let me give you an example of how a draft got nailed.
Pick 11 - Jayden Short ( 2 flags, second best on ground in a grand final, best & fairest in a premiership year)
Pick 68 - Ivan Soldo ( 1 flag after transferring from playing basketball and with minimal footy experience prior to being drafted)

10 flags if you count Pick 67 Dan Butler in the national draft held a week earlier
When your head is up your ass, Its impossible to see whats really happening.
We lose a preliminary final after winning 2 more flags, they still bring it up.
What's WC excuse?
What happened to Port being unbeatable at AO?
Wasn't the Gabba Geelong's favourite Ground? (Considering there record at the Gabba is no where near as good as ours. They lost there in 2019. We hadn't lost at the Gabba in 11 years)
But you can believe what you say, if you say it often enough)
The media in the last 5 years have spat out numbers and stats that are totally incorrect.
Dwayne Russell would forget his name if he didnt have a licence.
The bloke is a massive story teller

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Time for us to realise we're just a *smile* club, led by an American woman and a washed up old ruckman, coached by a hack half back flanker... with an assembled list of tryhards and role players, put together by a *smile* recruiting staff who basically have no *smile* idea what's going on in the modern game.

Until we pull our collective heads from our arse and accept this is our world ....... I can't see us ever being any good!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We're a bit like Novak Djokovic. The media praise us through gritted teeth.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW

let the hater hate!!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Time for us to realise we're just a *smile* club, led by an American woman and a washed up old ruckman, coached by a hack half back flanker... with an assembled list of tryhards and role players, put together by a *smile* recruiting staff who basically have no *smile* idea what's going on in the modern game.

Until we pull our collective heads from our arse and accept this is our world ....... I can't see us ever being any good!

I know, what have we got to show for our so-called great drafting and supposedly vaunted talent scouting in the rookie draft?

At the end of our membership drive video all I saw was some guy dropping a fancy looking cup next to a couple of, well let's face it, those other cups just looked the same to me - 3 identical cups, what's the point of that?

If we're honest with ourselves we would all prefer to have less cups and the likes of Rozee, Butters and Duurzma playing in our colours and giving us hope . . .wouldn't we??

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
"But they're not very good players, they're just carried by Hardwick's system. Hardwick can't even coach, he just has that confounded system. It's not even his system really, Caracella sold him the rights to it, that's why Essendon doesn't use it. It's really simple and everyone knows how it works. Any team could do what Richmond does but they choose to play the game as it should be played."

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Still giving us nothing!!

• Angry

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
AND..........Loving it!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I see not one of the AFL.com ‘experts’ has picked us to win the flag. In fact not many had us even making the GF. Everyone on the power train by the looks!

• Wow

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I see not one of the AFL.com ‘experts’ has picked us to win the flag. In fact not many had us even making the GF. Everyone on the power train by the looks!

Excellent, here we go again :)

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Some have Brisbane winning it that proves the word 'experts' should never be used ever again.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
One idiot had a headline you will sed that says :Daniher lights up Prelim with six" but then had the Bombers finishing 15th. God the press are stupid

• Wow

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
It’s got to the stage now that these so called experts are so salty and completely over our dynasty success that they’re tipping anyone other than the RFC purely out of spite :mhihi