Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I see not one of the AFL.com ‘experts’ has picked us to win the flag. In fact not many had us even making the GF. Everyone on the power train by the looks!
The amount of people tipping our bunnies Geelong is bizarre. We are approaching peak Richmond hate.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Daniher will do a fetlock in the first couple of games and won't be sighted for most of the year.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The AFL ecosystem is full of Richmond loathing and fear.

They've just watched One Night in Brisbane where they were forced to relive our dominance and remembered that we still have possibly the greatest AFL player of all time still in his Prime
They're now watching Making Their Mark and hate us because even more because Peggy and Benny are just so nice, likable, switched on and professional. And she's a bloody yank woman!
They've just seen us go 3 in 4 years, with a Prelim appearance in the missed year, and knowing that we're odds on to do a 3peat. The realisation that in 7 months time we'll lay claim to the greatest team of the modern era.

We are who they want to be and we're showing no signs of letting them have it. 33 *smile* years of being the butt of their jokes, the team to ridicule, the team of feral no-hope supporters. Their brains just cannot handle the reality that this Richmond team will always be in the best ever debates for as long as they live.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I see not one of the AFL.com ‘experts’ has picked us to win the flag. In fact not many had us even making the GF. Everyone on the power train by the looks!
Are these the same experts that revel in selecting their AFL super coach teams?

Just shows far from reality this super coach gibberish is when the best footballer in the competition by a long way is lucky to make a handful of experts teams.

• Wow

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Great that back to back babies can consider themselves underdogs for the flag - any bit of motivation they can get is good I reckon.

Noticed a bit of love for Lynch but none for Dusty for the Charlie - strange given the way he has taken his fitness to a new level during preseason.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Saw that too. Makes it seem like Port are Brisbane in the early 2000's. Do they not realise that PORT PLAYERS ARE *smile* KICKS OF THE FOOTY? Thats why they beat up on crappy teams but struggle at the pointy end like they did last year.

Look at a comparison between Port and the Tiges last year split into ladder position bands (finishing position) and ground. Looking at the top 8 and the bottom 10, it tells the story. Tiges are consistent across the board, we actually don't go all out against the bottom teams much to the annoyance of some on here (ie. why don't we smash teams by 10+ goals). Well I give you the other side of the story with that team that DOES smash the bottom teams.

1615604468282.png

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Saw that too. Makes it seem like Port are Brisbane in the early 2000's. Do they not realise that PORT PLAYERS ARE *smile* KICKS OF THE FOOTY? Thats why they beat up on crappy teams but struggle at the pointy end like they did last year.

Look at a comparison between Port and the Tiges last year split into ladder position bands (finishing position) and ground. Looking at the top 8 and the bottom 10, it tells the story. Tiges are consistent across the board, we actually don't go all out against the bottom teams much to the annoyance of some on here (ie. why don't we smash teams by 10+ goals). Well I give you the other side of the story with that team that DOES smash the bottom teams.

View attachment 11659
Great stuff their Posh.

Port Remind me of a bully.
Pick on the weak.
When someone stands up against them.
Either *smile* themselves or back peddle at a rate of knots.

Port to a T .

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
just had a look at the afl.com predictions... i reckon they need to clean their crystal balls ..

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Port have their issues but are contenders. Yes, they had some advantages last year which they won't have this year. But they won their first final, went damned close in the PF and should be top 4 and contending this year.

Brisbane are likely to be competitive too.

Geelong may have an ageing team but they have brought in some decent players to have a crack. Let's face it, they were damned close last year. One thing I will grant Geelong, they are not trying to win by copying us, they are backing their own system. If they perform better and for longer in crucial games they are a chance.

Some other team will likely jump up too, maybe Footscray - they are very good and Treloar will be a very useful addition. StKilda are getting better but I think still a player or two short. Will GWS get back some form? Who knows.

We all know how bloody hard it is to win a flag, we have decades of memories to remind us. We have won 2 in a row and everyone is looking at how they can beat us, it is the price of success.

That said, there are damned good reasons we have won the last 2 flags. I'm not convinced the experts are particularly anti-Richmond, far more convinced that they are just stupid morons. Oh, and also that they don't want to pick the best team of the last 2 years to win again because the story is less likely to attract attention.

Lastly, I really don't care what the morons say, I care about the final result. If we make another PF and hopefully go all the way again then the media "experts" will just look like the morons everyone thinks they are anyway.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah laughable, even with Parrott thinking Higgo will be AA.

Only one picked us for the GF and to be runner up. I suppose it is all opinion, but it makes you wonder where they've been looking for the last 4 years.

Even I was staring for 10 seconds at that word 'experts' .....

Last edited:

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009

Only one picked us for the GF and to be runner up. I suppose it is all opinion, but it makes you wonder where they've been looking for the last 4 years.

Even I was starting for 10 seconds at that word 'experts' .....

It is a sheer nonsense click bait article. Absolute rubbish.
Higgins will struggle to be a regular at Saints...a nonsense prediction to be AA.
Tigers will be deep in finals without a doubt.
Port will be beaten regularly away from SA....likewise Lions.
I expect Tigers V Cats again.
Complete ignoring of the best player in Martin is nonsense.
To be honest...media in general and especially AFL which targets morons is just rubbish.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The 2 that did have us losing to Port at the 'G, they even know where the joint is?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
As for the "experts" tipping against us, they have bee getting us wrong for yrs, long may it continue.
The way i look at it, i'll be concerned when they start tipping us

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Even I was staring for 10 seconds at that word 'experts' .....

I do wonder where they have been looking, clearly not at footy.

Was just reading an article referencing Matt Rendell, who is saying Port are the major challengers to the Tiges. Ok. I'll take that BUT he then claimed that Port have recruited the best in the competition over the last 5 years BY A MILLION MILES.

Ok, hang on there. Weren't we *smile* in 2016? Then we recruited Prestia, Caddy and Nank and we won a premiership, we then recruited Lynch in 2018 and won the premiership in 2019. We've built a high quality group of kids that are playing 2's at the moment that sets us up for the future. Not sure how Port are a million miles ahead of that, where are their 3 premierships?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Was just reading an article referencing Matt Rendell, who is saying Port are the major challengers to the Tiges. Ok. I'll take that BUT he then claimed that Port have recruited the best in the competition over the last 5 years BY A MILLION MILES.

Ok, hang on there. Weren't we *smile* in 2016? Then we recruited Prestia, Caddy and Nank and we won a premiership, we then recruited Lynch in 2018 and won the premiership in 2019. We've built a high quality group of kids that are playing 2's at the moment that sets us up for the future. Not sure how Port are a million miles ahead of that, where are their 3 premierships?
Agree. Says it all. Does he even think Aliir Aliir will be their Dylan Grimes??

Last edited:

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
The AFL ecosystem is full of Richmond loathing and fear.

They've just watched One Night in Brisbane where they were forced to relive our dominance and remembered that we still have possibly the greatest AFL player of all time still in his Prime
They're now watching Making Their Mark and hate us because even more because Peggy and Benny are just so nice, likable, switched on and professional. And she's a bloody yank woman!
They've just seen us go 3 in 4 years, with a Prelim appearance in the missed year, and knowing that we're odds on to do a 3peat. The realisation that in 7 months time we'll lay claim to the greatest team of the modern era.

We are who they want to be and we're showing no signs of letting them have it. 33 *smile* years of being the butt of their jokes, the team to ridicule, the team of feral no-hope supporters. Their brains just cannot handle the reality that this Richmond team will always be in the best ever debates for as long as they live.
That's the bit I love! Then they throw the arrogant tag around.......*smile* off, jokes on you now! You *smiles* have been arrogant far longer than Richmond fans have, you just don't like the taste of your own medicine!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Rendell would be as clueless as anyone. Really covered himself in ‘glory’ at Adelaide as the recruiting manager and then worked for a bit as Collingwood’s ruck coach. Port have for some reason become the media darlings. I wonder if any of them tipped us last year? Certainly wouldn’t have been Parrot. He still can’t get his head around us winning in 2019.