Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This isn't the 1st time i have heard this, so i looked at the ladder v top 8 & bottom 8, v bottom 8 they were 6-0 180%, v top 8 they were 4-3 93%.
These #'s indicate a big fall if they don't sort themselves out when the going gets tough.
The media jumping all over Port reminds me of them doing the same with Melbourne pre '19, v bottom 8 they went 11-1 178%, v top 8 2-6 83%

Its what annoys me, the average punter can see that Port can flog the bottom teams but they struggle to either small wins, or average wins and then big losses against the top teams. They have no consistency when playing the best teams but 6 out of 8 AFL pundits reckon they win the thing, they realise they have to beat 3 top teams in a row to do that. Their form doesn't show that they can do that.

It kind of goes along with the eyesight though, those less skilled but big and tough teams (like Port, big bulky mids, very powerful, powerful forwards etc) beat up pretty hard on teams down the bottom who are usually playing at least some kids (men vs boys type stuff) but their lack of foot skills hurts them. They have tried to address this with Butters, Rozee and to a lesser extent Duursma (who I don't think is as good a kick as the other 2 but gets all the attention due to the "arrow") but it remains to be seen if this is too little too late before their best players get too old.

Reactions: 1 user

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
R
Hocking introduced the new man on the mark rule because he wasn't happy the way we stopped the opposition use the corridor.
He was especially 'angry' the way Cotchin manned the mark.
This bloke is a kokhead
R u taking the *smile* Zips or this fair dinkum. If so then surely Tigers need to front the press and Hocking over this obvious bias. If true and Hocking got mad about it, especially how Cotch played this part of the game and then introduced a law to combat it he should be sacked. Bet it does not get a mention by the so called footy experts who claim they want to keep footy fair....

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
R u taking the *smile* Zips or this fair dinkum. If so then surely Tigers need to front the press and Hocking over this obvious bias. If true and Hocking got mad about it, especially how Cotch played this part of the game and then introduced a law to combat it he should be sacked. Bet it does not get a mention by the so called footy experts who claim they want to keep footy fair....

Don't forget last's season campaign to get Lynch suspended and the MRP diving charges against Flossy and Grimes that were thrown out. I don't know if what's in the papers is true, but if it is, it's truly pathetic of the AFL.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don’t read the previews because they just annoy me. I am a little tired of hearing how our team is not the same quality as Geelong 10 years ago, or Brisbane or hawthorn.
Seriously when are the media nuffers going to work out that Grimes, Vlastuin, Edwards and Prestia are genuine high class performers? How about Astbury, Lambert, Nankervis and Houli being every bit as good as their equivalents on those teams? That Balta, Bolton, Baker and Short are emerging stars of the competition? Our system is great but so are our players and it is seriously time for these idiots to accept it.

Reactions: 10 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
If you read the whole thing, it's obvious Gullan's source is a disgruntled person or persons on the AFL's Competition Committee.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
This isn't the 1st time i have heard this, so i looked at the ladder v top 8 & bottom 8, v bottom 8 they were 6-0 180%, v top 8 they were 4-3 93%.
These #'s indicate a big fall if they don't sort themselves out when the going gets tough.
The media jumping all over Port reminds me of them doing the same with Melbourne pre '19, v bottom 8 they went 11-1 178%, v top 8 2-6 83%
Add the fact that Port's 2021 preseason form is 2 wins against last year's wooden spooners.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Clearly that image is a figment of our collective imaginations and we’re all just displaying a pro Richmond/anti AFL bias, and in reality the AFL do not think solely about Richmond when implementing rule changes...

seriously, how the *smile* do you “push the envelope” when manning the mark?
They're devastated. Hocking 100% is getting feed back from Geelong.
They are throwing bricks and we just keep on swallowing them.
They thought the 6-6-6 would bend us over and then came the shorter qtrs.
Hocking might make us play 3 short next year to even it out.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Don't forget last's season campaign to get Lynch suspended and the MRP diving charges against Flossy and Grimes that were thrown out. I don't know if what's in the papers is true, but if it is, it's truly pathetic of the AFL.
There is a story. Not sure if its true.
The AFL held onto the prize money for winning the flag.
Gilligan and the dumbshit Hocking need to *smile* off.
It was all ok for hawthorn to win 3, no rule changes when they won the flags.
It's ok for dud coaches to stack the backline like longmire.
The dislike isn't from the public.
The people i speak to love the way we play.
Its a media fed hatred, that is coming down from the top.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Cmon Baloo, your bias is clearly showing if you believe the AFL is out to get us.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Maybe sHocking can study all our games this year to help him formulate new rules on how to improve the game.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
David King used to say stop Rance and you stop Richmond. Now it's stop Dusty and you stop Richmond. Next it'll be stop Castagna.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe sHocking can study all our games this year to help him formulate new rules on how to improve the game.
Thought he had already completed that review and came up with the AFL 2021 MDMM* Vision Statement
*"More Dustin Martin moments"

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Perhaps sHocking can introduce a new rule that you win if you're more than 2 goals up at half time in a final.

• Wow

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
After this era of Richmond success is over, the narrative will be ...

2017: A bit fortunate with the last round results to elevate from fourth to third. It meant avoiding Adelaide in Adelaide and getting Geelong at home despite being the "away" team. Rode the wave of emotion all the way.
2018: The one Richmond should have won. Failed abysmally.
2019: Nar Nar Goon 3rds would have beaten GWS on that day.
2020: As good as the win was, the season and the matches were shortened and it just doesn't count as much.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
2020: As good as the win was, the season and the matches were shortened and it just doesn't count as much.
Don't forget the RFC pretend brownlow medallist Cotchin targetting GOAT's shoulder in the first minutes to render him one armed

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
I don’t read the previews because they just annoy me. I am a little tired of hearing how our team is not the same quality as Geelong 10 years ago, or Brisbane or hawthorn.
Seriously when are the media nuffers going to work out that Grimes, Vlastuin, Edwards and Prestia are genuine high class performers? How about Astbury, Lambert, Nankervis and Houli being every bit as good as their equivalents on those teams? That Balta, Bolton, Baker and Short are emerging stars of the competition? Our system is great but so are our players and it is seriously time for these idiots to accept it.
The Jake Niall article? Comparing Castagna, Rioli etc to Roughead, Cyril and Mitchell.

He even makes Birchall out to be some hall of fame, once in a generation player.

The unskilled, chaos football, 3 good players the rest are spuds narrative is just not true at all.

Reactions: 4 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Clearly that image is a figment of our collective imaginations and we’re all just displaying a pro Richmond/anti AFL bias, and in reality the AFL do not think solely about Richmond when implementing rule changes...

seriously, how the *smile* do you “push the envelope” when manning the mark?
I know shocking wasn’t in charge back then but what did the AFL do when hawthorn, during their glory years, used to shepherd players that were standing on the mark. I think they brought in a rule saying it was illegal but I dont think they policed it