Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The Jake Niall article? Comparing Castagna, Rioli etc to Roughead, Cyril and Mitchell.

He even makes Birchall out to be some hall of fame, once in a generation player.

The unskilled, chaos football, 3 good players the rest are spuds narrative is just not true at all.
Yeah that was one of them. When he mentioned David Hale i stopped reading

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The Jake Niall article? Comparing Castagna, Rioli etc to Roughead, Cyril and Mitchell.

He even makes Birchall out to be some hall of fame, once in a generation player.

The unskilled, chaos football, 3 good players the rest are spuds narrative is just not true at all.
Yep. Talk about a backhanded anti compliment.
Tigers one of the best teams in the comp. Players are *smile* and they have a chaos game plan that we don’t understand. But these spuds are the team to beat in 2021.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Even David Kings comment the other day, that the other coaches were arrogant that they chose not to move away from their gameplans to counter or copy the Tiges. Essentially saying that if someone could copy us they could do it better.

*smile* them all I say. This team has been disrespected so much the last 4 years its unbelievable.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Even David Kings comment the other day, that the other coaches were arrogant that they chose not to move away from their gameplans to counter or copy the Tiges. Essentially saying that if someone could copy us they could do it better.

*smile* them all I say. This team has been disrespected so much the last 4 years its unbelievable.
More than happy for the rest of the coaches, competition n media to keep right on disrespecting us n doing their own thing. Undeniably proven over the last four years that our team of mediocre role players n Dusty have got the comp by the short n curlies.
The longer they keep denying n pretending it 'aint happening. The longer we'll keep rolling through winning games, finals n flags.

What's the old saying again. Champion team will always beat a bunch of wankers, n so it proves over and over again.

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I know shocking wasn’t in charge back then but what did the AFL do when hawthorn, during their glory years, used to shepherd players that were standing on the mark. I think they brought in a rule saying it was illegal but I dont think they policed it

They still do it.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Thought he had already completed that review and came up with the AFL 2021 MDMM* Vision Statement
*"More Dustin Martin moments"
Who knew "Dustin Martin moments" were chip kicks and uncontested marks?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

The trouble with this line that we don't have many good players, apart from the fact they have won 3 flags, is they keep having to add to the good players we do have.

Richmond are all role players except for Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance and Jack Riewoldt.

Oh, and Shane Edwards, Dylan Grimes, Nick Vlastuin, Bachar Houli, Dion Prestia.

The rest are just good ordinary players . . . oh, wait, they got Tom Lynch, Nankervis can nullify good opposing rucks, Castagna would have won a Normie if he kicked straight in 2019, Short won the B&F and metres gained is phenomenal, Astbury is as solid a defender as you will find.

The rest are just role players, except, they have a Rioli, that Lambert seems pretty good for a role player, Broad is surprisingly effective for a role player.

But, hey they're not that good, I mean, have they got any good young players coming through, nah, just Shai Bolton, Liam Baker, Noah Balta and a pile of other players who have not had the opportunities they would have in any team with as few good players as we apparently have.

Let's face it, they either have NFI or they are striving for clickbait.

DS

Reactions: 10 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Top work, JR. Very telling.
Be nice if the odd media clown or so called experts would do their job and have a real look.
Cheers, i check this stuff not only because of how often the media get it wrong, because if you look into it the numbers are there for all to see & tell the true story. it's like fact checking.
It's also interesting comparing WCE's win/loss home & away & it's easy to see why they have failed in recent seasons. '18 was indeed an outlier but again the "experts" in the media overlook & ignore the facts.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Its what annoys me, the average punter can see that Port can flog the bottom teams but they struggle to either small wins, or average wins and then big losses against the top teams. They have no consistency when playing the best teams but 6 out of 8 AFL pundits reckon they win the thing, they realise they have to beat 3 top teams in a row to do that. Their form doesn't show that they can do that.

It kind of goes along with the eyesight though, those less skilled but big and tough teams (like Port, big bulky mids, very powerful, powerful forwards etc) beat up pretty hard on teams down the bottom who are usually playing at least some kids (men vs boys type stuff) but their lack of foot skills hurts them. They have tried to address this with Butters, Rozee and to a lesser extent Duursma (who I don't think is as good a kick as the other 2 but gets all the attention due to the "arrow") but it remains to be seen if this is too little too late before their best players get too old.
One of the idiots that did the predictions on the league's website said on SEN he'd tipped port to beat us in the GF, but as he can't see Port beating us at the 'G & wanted to mix it up he tipped Cats as runner instead, it was Beverage or McGowan judging by the voice. They aren't even taking it seriously so why should we...

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Can’t take the game seriously if they don’t understand it

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
No1 Richmond Hater in the Country.
How hard must it be watching us win flags at will, while he played over 300 games for Donuts!Screenshot_20210401-091418_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Time to burst Sydney's bubble. Even so, it'll all be about the brave swans.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Time to burst Sydney's bubble. Even so, it'll all be about the brave swans.
Even if we beat them comfortably.
It will be all about them regardless.
They are just hoping someone can beat us.
Last week it was Port and Footscary and this week its Sydney.
At least they stopped with Geelong beating us.