Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Been working my way through the victories from last year n watched the prelim this aft. Enjoyed it nearly as much as I did watching it on the day.

Bunch of Tupperware tough Pordadalayde players going the blub after getting their arses handed to them on a plate.

One obvious thing strikes hard on the thought processes when watching games over the last couple of years. Especially the big games or close hard fought ones.
Way to many opposition sides play too many game moments looking for the maggots to intervene n help out or hesitate for the whistle. Jaaack would be our biggest offender at this but pretty much every other player simply goes head down arse up until the whistle n extremely rarely waste any time disputing after, they just shrug n roll into the next instant of the game.
Dunno if this is some of that mindfulness stuff of staying in the moment, but I reckon we are way ahead of the rest of the comp in remaining focused on the important *smile*.
Reckon it might have a lot to do with mindfulness. I've noticed it quite often with Dusty when he cops a dodgy decision. Most times he just raises an eyebrow and it's on to the next contest.
He does react on the odd occasion, one I remember clearly/fondly was when he said **** off Razor. I didn't think his hero factor with me could go any higher, but it did........who wouldn't want to tell Razor to **** off.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
IMO the Hartlett deliberate call was correct given the others paid. Also Port fans are major whingers, in the H&A game against them port had the 1st 8 free's & won the count by a fair margin & all thier fans were whingeing about was the umpiring....
Then there are those who whinge about our fixture, yet 8 of our last 10 games against them have been in adelaide. "Richmond don't travel" they cry, except when we play port adelaide.

Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah, the whole Richmond only play at the MCG routine is very annoying.

Never mind that half the Victorian teams play multiple home games there, so it just follows that we have to play several away games a the MCG each year by definition.

Never mind that we play at least one home game at Docklands each year. Never mind that we play the same interstate teams away because they need our supporters to boost their home crowds. Would Port prefer they play Richmond at home each year or North Melbourne, for example?

Never mind that we played away games at Kitty Kat Park for 20 years whilst other clubs didn't. Never mind that we played our home games in Brisbane last year. Some even whinged about the fact that we wanted our home final at Metricon and not the Gabba!

When the finals hit, we play everyone at their home venue if they qualify. Except the Cats. The last three finals between these two clubs have been in front of 90,000 plus at the G. Could anyone really argue that they should be played in front of 30,000?

Apparently the deal-breaker is that we haven't played West Coast in Perth for a few years, probably because the AFL knows that WC will fill the stands without our help so they may as well send the Kangas there instead. Why waste a good Richmond away game and lock the Tiger fans out when they can send them to Adelaide and boost PA's coffers.

It is all just good business.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I bet the AFL bend us over and we are forced to unfurl our flags in front of 30000 instead of at least 50k

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Yeah, the whole Richmond only play at the MCG routine is very annoying.

Never mind that half the Victorian teams play multiple home games there, so it just follows that we have to play several away games a the MCG each year by definition.

Never mind that we play at least one home game at Docklands each year. Never mind that we play the same interstate teams away because they need our supporters to boost their home crowds. Would Port prefer they play Richmond at home each year or North Melbourne, for example?

Never mind that we played away games at Kitty Kat Park for 20 years whilst other clubs didn't. Never mind that we played our home games in Brisbane last year. Some even whinged about the fact that we wanted our home final at Metricon and not the Gabba!

When the finals hit, we play everyone at their home venue if they qualify. Except the Cats. The last three finals between these two clubs have been in front of 90,000 plus at the G. Could anyone really argue that they should be played in front of 30,000?

Apparently the deal-breaker is that we haven't played West Coast in Perth for a few years, probably because the AFL knows that WC will fill the stands without our help so they may as well send the Kangas there instead. Why waste a good Richmond away game and lock the Tiger fans out when they can send them to Adelaide and boost PA's coffers.

It is all just good business.
Wonderful that we got to beat Geelong in a GF on a neutral ground (could be argued it was their home ground, ours was Metricon).

Unlike 2017 and 2019 premiership, our finals draw was quite unlucky. We played Brisbane first up at their home ground, neutral game against the saints, incredibly hostile PF versus PA on their home ground, then Geelong in a GF at their nominal season-home ground.

I think we can proudly now claim we can win anywhere.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The true irony of Richmond always at the MCG is that it was started and championed by Kornholio, who's Port Power not only play all their home games at Adelaide oval, but have convinced the AFL and poorer clubs to play a Port AWAY Game in China where it's Port sponsors footing the bill.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Port has been in the comp since 1997. We've played them 34 times. Six of those have been at the MCG. Fifteen at Football Park, eight at Adelaide Oval, four at Docklands, and the one home game we sold at Darwin. Even if you count the Docklands games as our 'home' games, that's still only one-third of our meetings that have been our 'home' games. You could even subtract the two finals they've hosted us and it's still only 18.75% of our matches against them that have been at our actual home ground.

I don't listen to him but feel free to ring in and point out these numbers to Kornes next time he bleats about our draw.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Maybe Adelaide should play a home game at Alberton and Port can play one at one of the other SANFL grounds.

Given how we play one at Docklands it seems only fair.

DS

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
The true irony of Richmond always at the MCG is that it was started and championed by Kornholio, who's Port Power not only play all their home games at Adelaide oval, but have convinced the AFL and poorer clubs to play a Port AWAY Game in China where it's Port sponsors footing the bill.
Anyone related to Port whingeing about our fixture is hilarious, in our last 10 games v that mob, 8 have been in Adelaide....

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If they hold an open day at Punt Rd to unfurl the flags, they might get more than 30K. Would be kinda embarrassing for the AFL.

They could do this for maybe a whole weekend and people could come and go - maybe the weekend before we play round 1 (or after round 1 if they feel the unfurling must come first). We could get 100K through the place if people turn up at different times.

Add in the prospect of a pic with the cup and they could sell tickets.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They could do this for maybe a whole weekend and people could come and go - maybe the weekend before we play round 1 (or after round 1 if they feel the unfurling must come first). We could get 100K through the place if people turn up at different times.

Add in the prospect of a pic with the cup and they could sell tickets.

DS
You should send that to the club.
Brilliant idea.
You couldn't do it over 2 days.
5 minutes each person is only 12 hour.
We could do it over a week or a month.
Have punt rd decked out in YELLOW and Black with the 2 cups in the middle.
Still can't believe how good we are.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
1613126266265.png
I was just looking for a bit of footy fodder and I came across this on the Fox Footy Website. You would think that one of the major broadcasters of the competition could at least have an up-to-date listing of Premierships won on their website!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
IMO the Hartlett deliberate call was correct given the others paid. Also Port fans are major whingers, in the H&A game against them port had the 1st 8 free's & won the count by a fair margin & all thier fans were whingeing about was the umpiring....
Then there are those who whinge about our fixture, yet 8 of our last 10 games against them have been in adelaide. "Richmond don't travel" they cry, except when we play port adelaide.
One of the things that they forget about that call is that the goal Dixon kicked to put them in front early in the last he marked from a free kick for a very dodgy deliberate OOB against us which was far more questionable than the Hartlett one.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
You should send that to the club.
Brilliant idea.
You couldn't do it over 2 days.
5 minutes each person is only 12 hour.
We could do it over a week or a month.
Have punt rd decked out in YELLOW and Black with the 2 cups in the middle.
Still can't believe how good we are.
And all the tickets could easily be done online.
Or just drop your $2 in a box. They would be queues WGAF. Would make sooooo many people happy.