Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Just finished listening to a general analysis of last night's game and standing of the two sides, between the Vice President of the Richmond Haters Society, Connelly, and the secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary, Hudson. The general tone of the discussion was incredulous disbelief, firstly that they are still dead wrong about their love child Melbourne, and secondly, of course, that Richmond are where they are. We are nothing more than a side of bit players, blessed by a freakish run luck with injuries, and the game last night was ordinary. I can guarantee these visionaries 2 things... we won't be meeting Connelly"s Essendon in September, and as for Huddo's mob, snowflakes will open a holiday resort in hell before they don't have to play a final against us in our house. Got that boys?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
stuff 'em.

Penny is starting to drop with the 7 mob, 'they're a powerful side now'.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Ro Co was pretty complementary of us on SEN last night I thought.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Footy Journos :hihi seriously who gives a *smile* of there opinions, just about all of them can’t hide there bias, do very little research and simply are mainly all sheep. Glorified gossip columnists

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
ToraToraTora said:
Just finished listening to a general analysis of last night's game and standing of the two sides, between the Vice President of the Richmond Haters Society, Connelly, and the secretary of the Ladies Auxiliary, Hudson. The general tone of the discussion was incredulous disbelief, firstly that they are still dead wrong about their love child Melbourne, and secondly, of course, that Richmond are where they are. We are nothing more than a side of bit players, blessed by a freakish run luck with injuries, and the game last night was ordinary. I can guarantee these visionaries 2 things... we won't be meeting Connelly"s Essendon in September, and as for Huddo's mob, snowflakes will open a holiday resort in hell before they don't have to play a final against us in our house. Got that boys?
Just gotta love the media gibberers constantly dismissing our performances. We might have to sneak up on them again this year n steal another premiership ( gawd, I love that word ) while they're busy pontificating about how mediocre we are.
Had to double check the match report article in today's Hun by the Landsberger bloke, was completely out of context to the crap splattering from some experts.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Quite enjoyed it last night when Ling delivered a long speech about how Petracca is untackleable, then right on cue Rance nails him cold on the HFF. 8-

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was listening to Connelly on the radio on the way home last night and he described us as clearly the best side in the competition at the moment

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Sintiger said:
I was listening to Connelly on the radio on the way home last night and he described us as clearly the best side in the competition at the moment
yep. He was placating understandably distraught Dees supporters ;D for most of the night. Saying that we will make most sides look silly.

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
ToraToraTora said:
and the game last night was ordinary.

Still many who dont give high value to the direction we have taken the game.

The pressure on the man and the ferocity with which we tackle makes the game hard and tough. Most teams are trying to emulate this now.

AT the ground it was a tough hard fought contest for 3 qtr's. That takes a load of fitness, we are yet to meet a side that can match us for more than 3 qtrs when we are on.

Funny how Sydney get credit over the last 5 years for being the bench mark for bringing the heat, before that they where the ugly ducklings.

To be fair the best sides are consistent over many seasons. That will be the thing that brings the respect.

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Sintiger said:

That's great. He didn't say that this morning, And you don't think that statement includes a caveat?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I agree our games are ugly from an opposition perspective ;D, they can't score or hit targets :harp due to our pressure and the fact we have the best defense in the league by a mile. The AFL should change the rules and tell Richmond that they should allow so called classier teams, (I say *smile*), the luxury of roaming the ground without interference.

Sadly for the AFL and footy commentators they can't use the old low scoring game line they use to pull out as proof of ugly footy, not a problem for us anyway we have scored over 100 points in 8 of our last 10 games :clap

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Fox commentators were pretty unanimous in calling us the benchmark and the best team in the league.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
MMM waited til we pulled away in the last before before all the OTT superlatives came out.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Baloo said:
Fox commentators were pretty unanimous in calling us the benchmark and the best team in the league.

I saw a Kane Cornes quote to the effect, there is us at the top, the lions and blooze at the bottom and the rest are pretty much equal.

i think most are coming around to the fact we are on course to be one of the most dominant teams in history, in probably any sport not just aussie rules.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
Baloo said:

I was impressed also with the Fox team last night. Although Roo's thought Melb would win he was full of praise for the Tigers - soemthing he hasn't really done much of before now. Most of the panel praised us and said we are the best team, full of confidence and set the benchmark for other teams. About time we hear this!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dermie agrees we are the best team but said : "Richmond fans will hate me saying this but it is a POOR Comp. They are far from a great side"

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Here we go! Brereton with Connelly right now... "Richmond is the best team in the comp.... AND IT'S A WEAK COMP! THEY ARE FAR FROM A GREAT SIDE!" And that my friends is as much as they will ever give us, even if we win 2, 3 flags. That is now the established narrative. Get used to it.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Footy Journos :hihi seriously who gives a *smile* of there opinions, just about all of them can’t hide there bias, do very little research and simply are mainly all sheep. Glorified gossip columnists
Spot on, Guy Incognito.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
ToraToraTora said:
Here we go! Brereton with Connelly right now... "Richmond is the best team in the comp.... AND IT'S A WEAK COMP! THEY ARE FAR FROM A GREAT SIDE!" And that my friends is as much as they will ever give us, even if we win 2, 3 flags. That is now the established narrative. Get used to it.
:hihi had to laugh TTT , have SEN on at work and thought of this thread straight away.