Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Another salty serial Richmond hater Leigh Montagna managed to slight us twice today. First when mentioning great current midfielders, he immediately named Clangerfield and Fyfe then added Dusty as an afterthought and while talking about Papley he said he’s just a small forward and you don’t pay overs for players like Castagna as a comparison. George has got something that Papley and Montagna don’t. In fact he’s got 2 of them: Premiership medals.

We are good and they just can’t believe it mate. ‘The tickler’ Montagna and ‘little man’ DaSanto grew up knowing that every season Richmond was not a contender.
Even in there playing days, it was there extra bye playing us.
For the both of them they just can’t get there heads around how we have won 2 flags in 3 years and they apparently had a good side not capable of Winning one.
If you notice the club house leaders in haters ‘Healy, Scott, brown, etc, just can’t believe how good we are.
I found his Montagas comments about Castagna very rude. Disrespectful. Castagna was in the best 5 players in the GF.
In the eyes of the media we have 22 role players.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It’s proven now, recruiting from GC is more beneficial to your chances of winning a flag then recruiting from GWS.
Ask Silivagni. He hasnt looked at GWS this off season, , but gone after the kid from GC.
Hopefully Dodoro and Hine keep picking up plasticine GWS players.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It's a Geelong thing, like Fonzy who couldn't admit he was wro!! wro!! wro!! Geelong cannot even mention the word Richm!!! Richm!!! let alone that we are any good and it comes from the CEO down.

Today on radio when asked about requesting 11 home games at GMHBA at least a minimum of nine he acknowledged that it might not be possible when playing big clubs like Hawthorn Collingwood & Essendon , (no mention of the biggest club in the land :oops: ).

Deny Deny Deny;)
The Anchovie is the greatest sook the game has seen , ex teammates ain’t even big fans

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
In the eyes of the media we have 22 role players.
Media dickheads still don't understand that's exactly why we won two flags in three years. Champion Team will always beat a team of champions.
We've got a team of very, very good role players. Some of them are even champions.
Crowbaits n GeeWhizz even Geelol had some champion players but not many good role players or much of a team.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Media dickheads still don't understand that's exactly why we won two flags in three years. Champion Team will always beat a team of champions.
We've got a team of very, very good role players. Some of them are even champions.
Crowbaits n GeeWhizz even Geelol had some champion players but not many good role players or much of a team.

That’s the key TM.

Plus there are a few players in each of those teams that’s it’s about, ‘me, me, me’.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
That’s the key TM.

Plus there are a few players in each of those teams that’s it’s about, ‘me, me, me’.
That'd be blokes like Dangerfiggy, Nudenut, Texas power ranger, Levertobeaver, Lonely Toby arsepick, most of the rest of their figgy's have already left

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
You hear it nearly every time the media talk to our players. It’s all about team.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
You got over your indiscretion at the G TM?

All good now.
Next year ok
Surprisingly, probably about thirty seconds after I got pinged. Might have been massively different if we hadn't already banked 2017, but I've got a weird sense of *smile* happens n usually to me. So over the years I've kinda learned to shrug the shoulders n laugh at myself when I *smile* up n get kicked in the agates. Old fart will be back at the G all next year slingin *smile* at the oppo, fudgin the system as much as I can n havin some fun ( perhaps with a hint more caution at the pointy end of the season ).

Reactions: 3 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Surprisingly, probably about thirty seconds after I got pinged. Might have been massively different if we hadn't already banked 2017, but I've got a weird sense of **** happens n usually to me. So over the years I've kinda learned to shrug the shoulders n laugh at myself when I **** up n get kicked in the agates. Old fart will be back at the G all next year slingin *smile* at the oppo, fudgin the system as much as I can n havin some fun ( perhaps with a hint more caution at the pointy end of the season ).

Worst story of the GF.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If you don’t think we aren’t hated, have a listen for those 8 seconds GWS are in front.
Commentators were jumping over each other to bag us.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
People who don’t even barrack for WC were celebrating after they got Kelly.
Anyone else but not Richmond.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Stkilda the duds are trying to make themselves competitive with likes of Hill and Jones.
Brings back bad memories this type of recruiting.
Dougal Howard :rotfl1