Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I dont feel for Dwwwayne at all.
Hmm after a repeat emotional loss by his Cats to the Tiges again in finals, his 2018 therapy has failed him.
He's back in the corner twitching and rocking in the fetal position. Yep, no worries Dwwwwayne
Continuing on for Twang Russell. I couldn't believe how he highlighted Jack kicking 600+ goals but with 800+ behinds in yesterday's Fox Footy replay of the Rich v WC game this year. Later to correct it by saying it was 300+ behinds......"durr...sorry must've been a typo". Lost your point again dill.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Healy Johnson and king have all there chips on WC.
DaSanto & Montagna still waiting for stkilda to turn it around.
Robbo will on the Collingwood bandwagon.
Pinocchio will cut between
Port and Geelong.
The only ones on the tiger train are Riewoldt and Dixon.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Continuing on for Twang Russell. I couldn't believe how he highlighted Jack kicking 600+ goals but with 800+ behinds in yesterday's Fox Footy replay of the Rich v WC game this year. Later to correct it by saying it was 300+ behinds......"durr...sorry must've been a typo". Lost your point again dill.

Not sure how he could've said that without his *smile* filter going off. Even Casboult's up around 57%.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Bloody hell. Anyone in the footy industry would know Jack is a reliable goal kicker and would have figured that out before opening their mouth.

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Bloody hell. Anyone in the footy industry would know Jack is a reliable goal kicker and would have figured that out before opening their mouth.
TigerFlag2017

Please correct your post by replacing the second occurring “would” with “should”.

Yes, any football expert should have known, but Dwayne is no expert, so he wouldn’t have known.

Reactions: 1 users

Whacker

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2010
One of the great joys that accompanies being the dominant team of the last 3 years and the most consistent of the last 7, is reviewing all the bulls*** sprouted by the Nuff-Nuffs paid for the role that is the great oxymoron of the industry - "Expert". It is with relish that I have once again re-visited two of the most "Nuffiest" of Nuff-Nuffs - Barrett and Lloyd as they pronounce in 2016 that RFC needs to re-build. They go on and on and for a bit of cream right at the end, proclaim that as a starting point they are telling RFC not to waste pick 6 on Dion Prestia, who is now of course a B&F winner in a premiership year and dual premiership player who is on way under the odds on $600K pa. Life is sweet!! Here is a link to this most innacurate of Nuff-Nuff predictions.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
One of the great joys that accompanies being the dominant team of the last 3 years and the most consistent of the last 7, is reviewing all the bulls*** sprouted by the Nuff-Nuffs paid for the role that is the great oxymoron of the industry - "Expert". It is with relish that I have once again re-visited two of the most "Nuffiest" of Nuff-Nuffs - Barrett and Lloyd as they pronounce in 2016 that RFC needs to re-build. They go on and on and for a bit of cream right at the end, proclaim that as a starting point they are telling RFC not to waste pick 6 on Dion Prestia, who is now of course a B&F winner in a premiership year and dual premiership player who is on way under the odds on $600K pa. Life is sweet!! Here is a link to this most innacurate of Nuff-Nuff predictions.

Hahaha. I wonder what Lloyd said on the Bombers. I thought same thing as he did about Prestia, but not about Prestia, but about Dylan Shiel. Bombers stuffed up recruiting him, isn't he on more $ than Prestia?

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Not a fan of either but hand-on-heart I'm not sure my honest assessment of the RFC at the end of 2016 would have been much different.
But oh what about some of their future-looking statements.
"Brett Deledio should look elsewhere for a premiership because he's not gonna get one at Richmond". Well they got that right - he might have got TWO.
"Don't bring in any re-cycled players". OMIGOD. The addition of Prestia, Caddy and Nankervis anyone?

• Love

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Wow..hindsight is a great thing but I would probably agree with 70% of that. We were bloody shocking and calling for DH’s head to be honest. A few smug smiles there from those two flogs and it’s bloody lovely to look back and enjoy how wrong they (and most of us) were.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I do like a bit of humour and generally get it listening to numbskulls like Barrett, Lloyd, Russell, Lyons etc prattling on about footy and Richmond in particular and showing their bias in regular putdowns. They are being overpaid to be expert pundits who think they know everything about the game and clubs but I fact are no better that the average supporter. Will they admit they are wrong about the Tigers over that las three years? I doubt it as we were probably lucky and never played any top teams etc

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It is reasonable for us to say we agree with a lot of that assessment after 2016, and it is true that Richmond did change a fair bit after that season.

But

We're just fans. They're supposed to be experts. They're supposed to be able to see what is going on and have a more informed view of the real situation. Yet they clearly knew no more than we did.

Has someone thrown this back at them on social media? I can't, I have no social media.

DS

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Will they admit they are wrong about the Tigers over that las three years?
Barrett certainly learnt very little in three years. He might have correctly tipped Richmond to beat Carlton in Round 21 then followed that up with 5 consecutive games tipping Richmond's opponent :rotfl1.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Can't make this *smile* up ya know!
Champion data rate 6 blokes from the team we pumped in the GF as elite!
One of them nearly didn't bother their own statistician and one of them missed most of the year.

Surely they're taking the pi55...!:rotfl1

As much as I love Stacky, he's apparently better than Grimes, Lynch and Rance!

I kid you not. ...... amongst the elite are the following. .

Paddy Ryder
Conor McKenna
Hugh Greenwood
Taylor Walker
Mitch Robinson
Majak Daw
Ricky Henderson
Mattew Suckling
Jeremy Finlayson

Any wonder we don't worry too much about the meaningless stats!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Barrett certainly learnt very little in three years. He might have correctly tipped Richmond to beat Carlton in Round 21 then followed that up with 5 consecutive games tipping Richmond's opponent :rotfl1.
Yeh, he and David King thought they were a bit smarter than the rest of us.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Can't make this **** up ya know!
Champion data rate 6 blokes from the team we pumped in the GF as elite!
One of them nearly didn't bother their own statistician and one of them missed most of the year.

Surely they're taking the pi55...!:rotfl1

As much as I love Stacky, he's apparently better than Grimes, Lynch and Rance!

I kid you not. ...... amongst the elite are the following. .

Paddy Ryder
Conor McKenna
Hugh Greenwood
Taylor Walker
Mitch Robinson
Majak Daw
Ricky Henderson
Mattew Suckling
Jeremy Finlayson

Any wonder we don't worry too much about the meaningless stats!

Champion data b in the wrong business. Should b making bog paper, to clean up their useless *smile* stats.

• Wow

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Champion Data continue to prove the irrelevance of "Stats"
It just proves that you can make a business out of useless information.

• Love

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Champion Data continue to prove the irrelevance of "Stats"
It just proves that you can make a business out of useless information.

Dont tell David King he might faint

Dont tell the old doofus from Brisbane who still thinks they should've beaten us on the back of some bullsshit numbers he kept reading out after the round 23 loss.

• Love