Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Nobody can & this is the beauty of it, Clubs have all summer to come up with something to combat us but have little idea where to start & the media have no idea so can't help them along with idea's all summer long.
The only thing that worked was when we got a number of significant injuries. It wasn’t really anything the opposition did.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is a true statement if their definition of "competitive" is just hanging on by your fingernails as the Tigers flex and put you to the sword.

stupid comment. They’re were competetive for about 20’ out of 100 minutes.
They’re were blown away 3 minutes in the 3rd.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Even then when the injuries hit we won 6/7 at one stage with basically a VFL side on the park....
One of the best was Freo. Went in njured, and even though we lost Ross and Nank during the game, we still won it, and to all those who say we can’t win away from the G. Where was that, eh?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Even then when the injuries hit we won 6/7 at one stage with basically a VFL side on the park....

When we lost we got blown off the park.
Missed the leadership and experience to recognised slow the game down and when needed to regroup.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This is a true statement if their definition of "competitive" is just hanging on by your fingernails as the Tigers flex and put you to the sword.
For a long time we were “competitive”. I can recall countless games prior to 2017 and even in 2017 when I felt we had enough chances to win the game and we didn’t . It’s a cliche but the reality is that good sides win those games and lesser sides don’t.
Games of footy aren’t won by creating chances, they are won by taking them. It’s also should be remembered that after quarter time the scores in the Gabba final were 15-4 to 4-11 !!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
mmmm, we were good but VFL side, we had 14 Premiership players in the team against Port
At one stage we had 8 of the top 10 from our B&F the previous yr out, were written off by all & sundry going over to Adelaide to take on Port, I had hoped at the time that win would be the 1 that set our season up & that's how it came to be. We also had Rance, Jack, Cotch & Dusty all missing v port as well. That really was one of our best wins for many yrs given the circumstances.

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
When we lost we got blown off the park.
Missed the leadership and experience to recognised slow the game down and when needed to regroup.
Yer for sure we'd hit the wall hard, just had too many out at once & younger sides (as we were then) can't keep it up week in/week out.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The current footy media all RFC haters.
Even Richo holds himself back when involved in our games just in case turds like ling and Darcy fire back.
I cant believe Carey loves us.
The same bloke that said "Richmond shouldn't bother contact ing my manager" after Archer and Stevens threw him out of North.

All i wanted for Xmas, is us to beat WC at Subiaco and watch 'on the couch' 454 times and watch Healy digging out excuses why WC aren't as good as us.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
All i wanted for Xmas, is us to beat WC at Subiaco and watch 'on the couch' 454 times and watch Healy digging out excuses why WC aren't as good as us.

you'll get that wish early next season. I reckon that is the last big test we are yet to conquer over the past 3 years. probably the other one was to win a final interstate, which we achieved last year.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
you'll get that wish early next season. I reckon that is the last big test we are yet to conquer over the past 3 years. probably the other one was to win a final interstate, which we achieved last year.
Yep, not that many gave us much credit for it.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Yep, not that many gave us much credit for it.
Because it doesn't suit thier narrative. This yr is the 1st yr i basically ignored the media after them knocking us & writing us off many times all yr, none of them gave us any credit whatsoever & us winning the flag has made a whole bunch of them look very stupid.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Because it doesn't suit thier narrative. This yr is the 1st yr i basically ignored the media after them knocking us & writing us off many times all yr, none of them gave us any credit whatsoever & us winning the flag has made a whole bunch of them look very stupid.
More than happy for the media to continue making fools of themselves as long as we continue playing finals n racking up flags. *smile* ants are only interested in their own blinkered narrative and simply refuse to acknowledge much less understand that we are very, very good at what we do n what we do works extremely well.
They just want to drool over blind stats n fancy on field prancers while we're just boring everyone by playing premium quality old school team footy.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yesterday 'A current affair' had the sporting moments of the decade.
This included,
Adam Scott winning the masters, who cares?
Lance Armstrong getting caught,
The sharks winning a NRL premiership after 40+ years
The Doggies winning a flag after a 1000 years.
Cadel Evans winning the Tour de France
Winks winning races, big deal
It went on and on,
But once again witnessed live (on the day) by more 100,000 and more then 3 million people in the country, they again missed our 2017 Premiership win.

• Angry

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
More than happy for the media to continue making fools of themselves as long as we continue playing finals n racking up flags. **** ants are only interested in their own blinkered narrative and simply refuse to acknowledge much less understand that we are very, very good at what we do n what we do works extremely well.
They just want to drool over blind stats n fancy on field prancers while we're just boring everyone by playing premium quality old school team footy.
Exactly & more to the point have a look at the stats the media drool over, "player x had 37 touches last week & 41 this week". yet look at that & other stats the media drool over, we constantly lose those stats every week, in some cases get smashed in them yet we have been the dominant team over the last 3 yrs....
We are changing the way the game needs to be analysed/viewed & the media are asleep at the wheel on this subject...

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Exactly & more to the point have a look at the stats the media drool over, "player x had 37 touches last week & 41 this week". yet look at that & other stats the media drool over, we constantly lose those stats every week, in some cases get smashed in them yet we have been the dominant team over the last 3 yrs....
We are changing the way the game needs to be analysed/viewed & the media are asleep at the wheel on this subject...
Not sure they're exactly asleep at the wheel on this. It's just that they're too stupid to have any idea what they're actually seeing n understanding what it is.
Watched our Anzac game against Smelbourne today n during the first qtr, Wankery was discussing the way we were playing n all the little things our players do that generally don't rate a mention n certainly don't rate on the stats sheet. He n the other experts then waffled n muttered about our game style all game n mostly it was about our pressure n work rate. But our selfless n simple game of old fashioned footy, the knock on, the body work, the push n shuffle to get the ball n momentum travelling in our direction with, or even more importantly without total control of the play disappeared into the background virtually unnoticed.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Yesterday 'A current affair' had the sporting moments of the decade.
This included,
Adam Scott winning the masters, who cares?
Lance Armstrong getting caught,
The sharks winning a NRL premiership after 40+ years
The Doggies winning a flag after a 1000 years.
Cadel Evans winning the Tour de France
Winks winning races, big deal
It went on and on,
But once again witnessed live (on the day) by more 100,000 and more then 3 million people in the country, they again missed our 2017 Premiership win.

To be fair I think the 2016 GF win must count as a bigger "sporting moment" than 2017.
As fantastic as 2017 was for us, for the impartial sports fan, 2016 had more going for it ... (and by the sounds of it, they weren't going to include more than one AFL GF).
* 62 year drought compared to 37
* Longest drought of any team - the only longer droughts are teams who have never won it.
* They came from seventh.

40 more people at the ground is not much of a selling point.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
To be fair I think the 2016 GF win must count as a bigger "sporting moment" than 2017.
As fantastic as 2017 was for us, for the impartial sports fan, 2016 had more going for it ... (and by the sounds of it, they weren't going to include more than one AFL GF).
* 62 year drought compared to 37
* Longest drought of any team - the only longer droughts are teams who have never won it.
* They came from seventh.

40 more people at the ground is not much of a selling point.
I agree and ACA is a very Sydneycentric show. No way they’d include 2 AFL stories.