Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
That's one reason I dunno about the lions.... too much Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda coming out of there and the coach is leading the way.
If we look back to our loss against the pies in the prelim, we copped it on the chin, told the rest of the footy world we were beaten by a better team (even if we didn't believe it)....then just got back down to business!
I hope for thier fans sake it isn't so but they could be the Dees of '19 if they are not careful. the Teams who talk it up rarely ever walk it. Look at essendoom & they are at it again too

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
footywire.com has our run home as

$1.32 v St.Kilda
$1.19 v Gold Coast
$1.44 v GWS
$1.31 v Port
$1.58 v Collingwood
$1.22 v Melbourne
$1.23 v Carlton
$1.54 v West Coast
$1.41 v Brisbane
$1.71 v Brisbane
$1.34 v Geelong
$1.41 v GWS

Barrett wrote us off early and it unbalanced his judgement. He kept tipping what he wanted to happen.
I tend to think this is what the majority of the media do, the QF commentary is a prime example, they desperately wanted Brisbane to beat us.

Still pissed at Basil for the '17 PF call re: Cotchin. that's the issue letting journo's call games as they barrack for the story they want to happen during the call & ignore the game itself.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
There's no doubt the commentary was all pro Brisbane in that Q/F no doubt whatsoever we had no one championing us from memory.

It was all anti Richmond, anti Grimes, pro Neale, pro Cameron, pro Rayner, pro f#$%&# everyone outside of the RFC and its fans whilst our defence absorbed every punch they threw forcing them wide with their inside 50 entries. Then we attacked after they punched themselves out with Dusty setingt about single handedly ripping their hearts out and stomping them. The Bears AND THE MEDIA WANKS.

Media was anti RFC all week as they were with the Prelim and then in the Grand Final week the pro Gee Whiz agenda was nauseating.

So contrived, so glad we won and made them suck on it they can all GAGF.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
footywire.com has our run home as

$1.32 v St.Kilda
$1.19 v Gold Coast
$1.44 v GWS
$1.31 v Port
$1.58 v Collingwood
$1.22 v Melbourne
$1.23 v Carlton
$1.54 v West Coast
$1.41 v Brisbane
$1.71 v Brisbane
$1.34 v Geelong
$1.41 v GWS

Barrett wrote us off early and it unbalanced his judgement. He kept tipping what he wanted to happen.

Almost 500/1 odds for the all-up.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Almost 500/1 odds for the all-up.

I got $49.29 when multiplied out, which feels about right. We were $18 for the flag before the St.Kilda game, and there were other paths to the premiership without winning 12 straight. The "real" odds of course were longer than that.

No other side had come from lower than 7th (Bulldogs 2016) after Round 14. We were 9th.

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I got $49.29 when multiplied out, which feels about right. We were $18 for the flag before the St.Kilda game, and there were other paths to the premiership without winning 12 straight. The "real" odds of course were longer than that.

No other side had come from lower than 7th (Bulldogs 2016) after Round 14. We were 9th.

Post Bye

RFC menacingly moving out around em on the final turn into the straight just like the Mighty Kiwi how he rounded em up and mowed em all down in the 1983 Melbourne Cup

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And they’re all still moaning about our home ground advantage. Where the *smile* was that all the years we were *smile*?

Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

Yes, as I posted here ... https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/2019-premiers.55469/page-15#post-2422516

Our dominance at the end tends to gloss over the fact that this was one of the more remarkable premierships ever.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
And where was this stuff when the Hawks won 3 in a row.
Yeah but we only beat interstate sides on our own ground so the wins are of less merit.

The Hawks are just the best because they beat; um, oh wait...........................................................

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah ha ha ha its the Tiger Army they fear and the machine, the presence, not the footy team, they are in jealous awww its as simple as that, being forced to observe something that is bigger than they or their lesser clubs can ever muster.

There is a fervor an energy about the RFC that the Hawks, Swans, Cats, and even the Pies never had about them when they winning.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Yeah ha ha ha its the Tiger Army they fear and the machine, the presence, not the footy team, they are in jealous awww its as simple as that, being forced to observe something that is bigger than they or their lesser clubs can ever muster.

There is a fervor an energy about the RFC that the Hawks, Swans, Cats, and even the Pies never had about them when they winning.
That’s because as the great Jack Dyer said about Hawthorn during the SOS campaign if they’re not winning they get 2 and a dog to their games. Even former Hawk Greg Dear said we’d get more in our rooms after a H&A win than the Hawks would after a GF win.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
That’s because as the great Jack Dyer said about Hawthorn during the SOS campaign if they’re not winning they get 2 and a dog to their games. Even former Hawk Greg Dear said we’d get more in our rooms after a H&A win than the Hawks would after a GF win.
Hawks boast 70k+ Members every yr but get 26k rock up to Burgoyne's 350th.... Take out Tassie games & thier home ave is around 45k.... "woof woof"

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

That's because in Greg Dear's day, us winning a H&A game happened less often than Hawthorn winning a Grand Final, and so it was more of an occasion. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
That's because in Greg Dear's day, us winning a H&A game happened less often than Hawthorn winning a Grand Final, and so it was more of an occasion. :rolleyes:
Actually GD played in 30 wins from his 53 games with us. That’s a 56% success rate.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

OOps- I used $10 at the start of the calc to estimate the return on such an all-up.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Actually GD played in 30 wins from his 53 games with us. That’s a 56% success rate.
I know. I looked it up after I made that post. Seems he played in three of Richmond's better years of that era.
And it was actually 57.5% - 30-1-22 from 53.

But have a look at his W/L ratio at Hawthorn from 86 to 89 ... 78-15.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
An indication of what Peggy and Brendan really think of the bureaucracy that is the AFL

Peggy O’Neal has vented over Richmond’s failed first bid for an AFL Women’s club licence - a decision that the Tigers’ president terms “unjustified”.

On that rejection at first attempt, Richmond CEO Brendon Gale has reflected:
“…the thing we did learn is you’ve got to play the backroom game”. While O’Neal admits: “I still to this day don’t know the reasons for the decisions”.

“I think the thing we did learn is…you’ve got to really lobby. Lobby really hard. You’ve got to push you’ve got to politick, you’ve got to influence. And we probably thought we were above that, to be honest,” Gale says

Wonder what the AFL will think reading that?

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We're the biggest club in the land, in any sport, good to see them throwing some weight around.

Time the AFL felt our wrath over a few issues.

DS

Reactions: 4 users