Stock Market | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stock Market

TigerGoneNorth

It all starts with One's defence.
Feb 6, 2005
London
ROLLS ROYCE said:
Have been pondering a investment unit in melb for some time so sounds like time may be right mid next year.

Now just need to convince the other half, who despite us living on the water up here in NQ, still wants a unit on the sunny coast.

Makes me sound like a wanker but jeez I dream of spending a couple of months of the year in Melbourne during footy season.

Sound like a wanker? Sounds like a damn good idea to me!!

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
ROLLS ROYCE said:
Have been pondering a investment unit in melb for some time so sounds like time may be right mid next year.

Now just need to convince the other half, who despite us living on the water up here in NQ, still wants a unit on the sunny coast.
Stick to the sunshine

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Markets continue to tumble with the dow down 300 overnight at this stage.Aussies market also continues to slide. :'(

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
It's expected that stocks will fall again today. Picking the bottom of all this is nigh impossible because (as I said earlier in this thread) we are in uncharted waters. In fact...
"This is entirely uncharted territory so it’s impossible to know what will happen..."
- Alan Kohler, Business Spectator, Nov 19 - 2008

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
At least it's raining...that's liquid gold to us. Hopefully the benefits to the rural sector will help somehow to get the economy back on track.

ROLLS ROYCE

once a tiger, always a tiger
Oct 6, 2007
mackay, qld
Mb , u still with us.....no market report for a few days...hope u have not been on the balcony of tall buildings.

As a Rio man, I know how the worst case scenario feels.

Oh well, hard work never killed anyone......but hell...why take the chance.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
ROLLS ROYCE said:
Mb , u still with us.....no market report for a few days...hope u have not been on the balcony of tall buildings.

As a Rio man, I know how the worst case scenario feels.

Oh well, hard work never killed anyone......but hell...why take the chance.
Still here,dow up 150 at the moment but after being dropping over the 600 the previous night nothing to jump up & down about.December is usally a good month for the market so I'm hoping.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Pretty flat week on the ASX ,down 90 pts today.December usally a good month for markets but no real positive gains yet.

duro

Tiger Rookie
Dec 20, 2004
Flat is positive at the moment! I think it will bounce of the lows 4 weeks ago, however will be fairly choppy for a while. Some good stocks available if they dont make a new low in this fall. Bad news still coming out but the market is not tanking so fingers crossed

TigerGoneNorth

It all starts with One's defence.
Feb 6, 2005
London
Phantom said:
Nothing'll happen to the new year.

I wouldn't be too sure. Volumes have dried up so any events (U.S Car industry etc) could see a wild move yet.

It does look that world markets have found a bottom. There's been some sideways movement for a while and the odd bout of selling is being soaked up pretty well. There is a chance of a pretty strong rally - even bad bear markets have periods of strong performance.