Stop playing with ya tackle Rex | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stop playing with ya tackle Rex

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Rex Hunt gives KB a fair spray in the HeraldSun today.
Part of the article said

..."I can tell you now at Punt Rd they are absolutely sick of him. And that is a fact," Hunt said on 3AW.
"They are all sick and tired of him and it's a shame... he is a legend. He is a spoilt brat. Get off your arse and get back, KB. Put your dummy back in, we are sick of it."

Who raised this Rexy? I'm not sick of Hungry not being at the club, I'm sick of other people not accepting his decision by bringing it up all the time.

I went to Rex's with a friend who used to play with him at St Kilda, and Rex was all "we" this and that classing himself as a Saint. There's no doubt in my mind what colour blood runs through KB's body, not so sure about Rex's though.

Just realise Rex, some people have a different life and move on. Some live on past glories wherever they can get them.

P.S. Hope this doesn't turn into yet another Hungry debate....better to hang it on Rex instead, haha. ;D

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
KB's reply on Sport 927 this morning was when Rex rehires Greg Numah ( his former manager and best friend, now reportedly a bitter enemy ) and resumes the friendship, KB will return to Tigerland. In other words, people should drop it and leave him alone and allow him to make his own choices. Sounds fair to me.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I'm with Rexy on this issue. Now everyone that KB said should be gone before he returns is gone, i think ti is only fitting for KB to now come back out and give the club a little bit. He was a great player and gave Richmond fans many years of service and memories, the club gave him a chance and now the appropriate people are gone i think it is only fitting he bites the bullet and sticks his head back in at Punt Rd. I realise he is an adult and has the right to make his own decisions but he played over 400 games with the club, surely if the club is in his heart the right thing to do would be to go back and pop his head in.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Statements along the lines of Rex's would make a person less likely to return than moreso. If KB wants to come back then that would be wonderful; if he doesn't then that's ok too and we should leave it at that even if we disagree. You can't force someone to do something he doesn't want to.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I do agree with that. Doesnt mean i am happy about it though. I just dont feel it is right for KB to abandon the club for so long, but of course that is just my opinion.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I hope that by analogy K.B. isn't referring to Richmond as a bitter enemy.

I don't want to get into this either, cos frankly, we'd have an easier time solving whether the chicken or the egg came first. But i will say this. I am sorely upset that K.B doesn't return to Tigerland, and I will be so until he does return (if ever he does, and it seems highly unlikely).

I don't buy this "we should respect his wishes that he has a different life and doesn't want to be invloved with the club" routine. THAT'S *smile*!!! Not coming to to the football club is not like a trivial decision one makes such as "should i wake up now or sleep for another hour?". There are reasons for why K.B doesn't want to come back and they are deep and twisted.

K.B has been psychologically wounded deeply by Richmond, and no matter what Richmond does for him, i don't think he will ever be able to get over the affront the club showed him. Scars never heal, and sometimes, they are just left as a reminder of a pain you will have to bare for the rest of your life. This is totally, totally *smile* up, especially considerign that this guy IS Richmond!!! It's a crying shame that he'll probably never return.

I don't think we should simply get over this and jsut "move on". But for the life of me, i don't know how we can reach a resolution. FUCKKKKKK!!!! The past is irreversible.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I don't want this to turn into a KB debate again either. It has all been said.

The only question I have is why oh why Rex? What's the point of this outburst? Kissed and made up with Sam perhaps? But then again he was carrying on his footy panel about the Brownlow yesterday as well.

Just cannot see the point of it to be honest.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Rex Hunt's contribution to football and more importantly Richmond is about the same as Richard Lounder - nothing. The fact he played in a premiership for the tiges says more about the team he played in, rather than his own contribution.

His reputation is built on his love for himself. To typify the way his career went, he ended up kicking *smile* at St Kilda when they were the biggest joke in VFL/AFL history.

Rex drags this crap up every year. We know how he will respond next Saturday, with typical blustering, but at least KB has put him in his box.

G

giggler

I reckon Rex (whether he was a fantastic player or not) is entitled to his opinion and i agree with him. KB is a spoiled brat and I hope the club just give up on the idea of having him back now. I'm sick of the subject.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
While i agree that KB should come back, statements such as Rex's only make it more difficult for him. If the guy ever wants to come back, the fear of the massive over-reaction by the press would be too daunting. What is the point anyway? He doesn't want to come back- so what.
Hutstar

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I heard Hungry's comeback at Rex last night. Got stuck right up him telling him to get off his fat arse etc.
The little bloke's still got a bit of fight in him, sounded like he was enjoying it all.
Funny stuff. ;D

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
KB is just being stubborn. He was fired up about it on White Line Fever last night too. He wont go back now just coz people are making an issue of it.

Would be good if he did, but i am not counting my chickens. I respect him for what he did for the club, but 12 years on it is time to bite the bullet.

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
What is it that KB could offer to Richmond now anyway. Surely he has been out of the game too long to offer anything of great importance.

I believe KB needs Richmond more than Richmond need him and if he chooses to stay away from the club then he is the one missing out.