Sun article on David Bourke. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sun article on David Bourke.

spiritofrichmond

" I have a DREAM "
Jul 10, 2003
Blackburn
In this article David Bourke is quoted as saying "The players at North are tremendously loyal.It's a different environment to Richmond totally.This is a generalisation, but the North boys are very humble."

Good one David , the famous episode between their former captain and their vice captain is proof of this !!

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Hi Spirit , he does say that it is a generalisation. And as for the Carey story, well one rat , did not spoil the whole barrel. In fact the response of the team showed they did think a lot lf each other and their club.

I also think David's comment very interesting , I take my kids to the tiger cubs picnic and the family day and to be honest have felt a deal lf smug detachment coming from some of the players. This could be my own imagination I will admit ...but Bourke's comments would not be made that lightly , I dont think.

Loved your post on your first game in 1967 .....great you became a Tiger.