Surprise packets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Surprise packets

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Which player/players will be our 'Surprise' packets this year.
My selection is Martyn and then castagna top 10 in the goal kicking. Best small in the comp.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
The surprise packet will be the match committee giving the improved younger players a fair go without any injuries to senior players.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Which player/players will be our 'Surprise' packets this year.
My selection is Martyn and then castagna top 10 in the goal kicking. Best small in the comp.
Top 10 in the Richmond goal kicking? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
No surprise, but Bakes will make a compelling case for more midfield time. Goal assist king. This kid is special.

Reactions: 9 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
No surprise, but Bakes will make a compelling case for more midfield time. Goal assist king. This kid is special.

You're spot on, Achie
Reckon Bakes can step up and give a significant chop out in the midfield as various stages during a game.
Tough, hard, composed and really good on either foot.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I feel like the easy answer is Jack Ross. Hoping it’s my boy Paddy Naish.

RCD would be ideal, I reckon he plays 7+.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The surprise packet will be the match committee giving the improved younger players a fair go without any injuries to senior players.
Gets a bit hard finding places for the kids seeing as we've still got most of our 2017 and onwards premiers on the list. There's been some talented youngsters given a look due to injuries over the last few years, but not many of them have been able to cement their places in the team for the full year.
Whatever games they've managed over the last few years will hopefully stand them in good stead for when the gaps finally open up this year and next. Don't mind at all that the youngsters are made to do a full apprenticeship and earn their spots in the finals teams. Can only keep them hungry for action while they're learning, no gifts.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I feel like the easy answer is Jack Ross. Hoping it’s my boy Paddy Naish.

RCD would be ideal, I reckon he plays 7+.

Last roll of the dice for Paddy and it’d be great if he showed us something special and secured a spot in the second half of the season