Sydney (A), Bye, Port (H), Carlton (H), Geelong (A, MCG) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney (A), Bye, Port (H), Carlton (H), Geelong (A, MCG)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
season defining month and we'll have to do it without Lynch and Balta.

I have an expectation that we will win 6 out of our last 8 games. That puts us on 12 wins excluding these 4 upcoming games.

I think we’ll have to win 3 or 4 to stay in top 4 contention. 2 wins puts us in a position to finish 5th or 6th. 1 win puts us in a position to finish 7th or 8th.

0 wins could end our season.

Thoughts?

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Balta and Lynch touch wood after bye I reckon Lambert not so sure.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
season defining month and we'll have to do it without Lynch and Balta.

I have an expectation that we will win 6 out of our last 8 games. That puts us on 12 wins excluding these 4 upcoming games.

I think we’ll have to win 3 or 4 to stay in top 4 contention. 2 wins puts us in a position to finish 5th or 6th. 1 win puts us in a position to finish 7th or 8th.

0 wins could end our season.

Thoughts?
Totally agree and was going to do a poll about this next month.

This is moving month.
All important games.

We get Balta back for Port, maybe Lynch too but he'll likely be the blues match.

Big danger is this Swans game.
We've started to slow a little compared to the pies match.

Biggest danger is the blues, playing with confidence.

Exoecting that we win 2, hoping to win all 4 and set us up

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Swans - doubtful on their shoebox
Bye - good timing for Lynch/Balta
Port - Win
Carlton - Win, we rarely lose twice to the same team in a year
Geelong - 50/50 - keep thinking they are about to drop off the cliff and they come again

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Swans - doubtful on their shoebox
Bye - good timing for Lynch/Balta
Port - Win
Carlton - Win, we rarely lose twice to the same team in a year
Geelong - 50/50 - keep thinking they are about to drop off the cliff and they come again

I don't reckon the swans game is doubtful. We play wide grounds well as we use the wings well. The issue with the shorter ground, is you have less room to pick off the kick in the corridor, we tend to handball through the corridor, whereas the swans kick through it, see how many times they turned the ball over against GC a few weeks ago.

Their old boring stoppage game was perfect for the dimensions of the SCG but their current game based around ball movement, is not suited to these dimensions.

Their form at the SCG this year has been patchy. They beat the Cats (not really known as a running / handball team like we are), North (by only 11 points - Norths highest score of the year with 75) and the Bombers (who we know are crap). They've lost the Lions and Gold Coast.

As long as we lower our eyse going inside 50, then we should score well at the SCG, bomb it in without Lynch and the McCartins will have a field day.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Reckon we need to win 2 out of the next 4. That probably won't be enough for top 4 but I think our early season losses to Blues, Saints and Crows are really going to hurt from top 4 perspective. It's hard to stay up for a long time now and the team is older so we will have some lapses. Hopefully we can bank enough wins to finish 5th or 6th at least.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
With Lynch and Balta, I'd say we could conceivably do 4-0 or 3-1 across this stretch. If we don't have them across these 5 weeks, I'd almost take 2-2.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I would take 2 of the next 4. Anything more is a bonus. I don’t think the SCG is a happy hunting ground for us.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Gotta throw everything at the Swans this week to get the 4 points then enjoy the week off.

Reactions: 6 users