Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Was it Stack or Cotch that cracked Whitfield's rib? Probably the worst two blokes in our team to get stuck between in a collision

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I hope he doesn't have to go down back again, but i think he might have to.
Baker's got some tricks and is good overhead, perhaps he could play down back. Did he play there again today?
I think he may be needed down back

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was it Stack or Cotch that cracked Whitfield's rib? Probably the worst two blokes in our team to get stuck between in a collision

Big bad Barry Cotchin.

70’s Mal Brown
80’s Peter Wilson
90’s Tony Free
00’s Mark Coughlan
10’s Big Bad Busling Cotchin.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I hope he doesn't have to go down back again, but i think he might have to.
Baker's got some tricks and is good overhead, perhaps he could play down back. Did he play there again today?

i don't think he will. since the bye there has been a clear strategy from Dimma to increase our scoring. I reckon titch might return to the backline.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
i don't think he will. since the bye there has been a clear strategy from Dimma to increase our scoring. I reckon titch might return to the backline.

It will be interesting to see. Does Caddy play forward and Stack go back or does Caddy play mid/fwd (swapping with Stack) and Titch go back. Either way, Caddy for Egg seems inevitable

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
It will be interesting to see. Does Caddy play forward and Stack go back or does Caddy play mid/fwd (swapping with Stack) and Titch go back. Either way, Caddy for Egg seems inevitable

I think Caddy will play primarily in the midfield and rotate forward, allowing Titch to move back.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah agree with others we need more steel in our small medium defenders. Egg short and houli are too vunerable in the contest. Baker could be an option.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I think he may be needed down back

I would say leave him up forward.

You could argue he is our most selfish player when it comes to going for the 'glory goals' but he keeps popping them from everywhere without a fuss.

He is more dangerous for us up forward methinks.

If anything you could put Edwards back there instead. He seemed to have a seamless connection with the Backs early in the season.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Yeah agree with others we need more steel in our small medium defenders. Egg short and houli are too vunerable in the contest. Baker could be an option.

Premierships are built on defence - Tough uncompromising types like stack and grimes. Stack could always be swung fwd for a qtr. Would love to see Baker have a shot as a small defender.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Dimma is is pulling some nice reins where Siddy is concerned. Genius to start him in the goalsquare at each centre bounce. Heath Shaw was looking around to see if he could find Dusty and play on him instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

It was King Chimp, got in under his armpit was a great hit took the wind right out of him, and wouldve hurt shame it didnt happen earlier.

That said our King Chimp has a penchant for bashing GWS key mids and doing damage, just ask Dylan Shiel.

The hit that ended GWS campaign and led the Tigers to glory, that was a key moment in that series.

He had a few did the skipper.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Shiel actually has been bashed up by us a few times recently again this year in the Dreamtime Game.

That'll learn him for rejecting the RFC when we wanted him a few years back.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
If only we had two Stacks, one for defence and one for forward! For me I still prefer him in defence where hs positioning, athleticism and run out is elite. Nearly as good at forward but in the D50, he really shines

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
SS was in the social club after the game, fluffed his lines a couple of times & DTLD put his arm around him & held him close

Was a great example of leadership

Attachments

• DTLD and SS.jpg
    DTLD and SS.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 9 users