Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
20 disposals, 8 contested, 1 goal 2, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements and best of all scares the cr@p out of the defenders. He's not going anywhere. Has brought a new di.ension to that forward line and is where the club needs him most atm. Backline is doing fine.
You'd take that kind of performance from a newbie kid in perfect conditions. Pissin wet slippery n *smile* conditions and the kid just keeps chugging along regardless.

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Love his composure. Sometimes he gets the ball and just slows down. You expect him to be hammered and he releases or changes gear or direction to get clear.

One of my favourite memories is watching Maurice. He'd get the ball and be surrounded by three players. He'd drop the left shoulder and then the right not having moved one inch and the waters would part and he'd waltz through.

A great beauty in watching players who make time stand still.

Reactions: 8 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Love his composure. Sometimes he gets the ball and just slows down. You expect him to be hammered and he releases or changes gear or direction to get clear.

One of my favourite memories is watching Maurice. He'd get the ball and be surrounded by three players. He'd drop the left shoulder and then the right not having moved one inch and the waters would part and he'd waltz through.

A great beauty in watching players who make time stand still.
Yep Stack has this instinct. His body movements and feigns give him time and space. The greats have this ability

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Yep Stack has this instinct. His body movements and feigns give him time and space. The greats have this ability

That’s why he got in Eddie Betts’ face when predicting Eddie’s feign correctly that time.

He can see how others move and imitate it himself.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Might be off a tad in his output but his poise and hands and vision are above many and it showed again last night.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Geez some harsh critics here. Played very well and is only a first year player. Might even have been career high stats.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Stacky has been the find of 2019 no doubt I love him. He is just an excitement machine but also has stunning composure self assuredness and skil.

Shai and Mabs coming on have been huge also as has Baker with his improvement.

The silver lining of the early dark clouds.

And there might be more to come with Marlion.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Rest him for Melbourne and Carlton. Bring him back for WCE and Brisbane then the three finals we win.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'm not really getting this he's tired needs a rest rhetoric. Besides his good general stats, he had the 3rd most pressure acts for the Tigers with 50 just 1 behind Prestia. Rioli had 39 and Castagna 19. And 85% game time. So he's working his butt off, not a sign that he's tired. If we want to reduce his workload give him a couple of weeks of lower game time. It's important that we keep consistency in our structures at this pointy end of the eason and whilst we're fighting for a top 4 position.

Reactions: 3 users
B

Bill James

Might be off a tad in his output but his poise and hands and vision are above many and it showed again last night.
Already top 200 for average disposals. 1.4 turnovers per game, no player above him averages less than 2, most are greater than 3. This kids vision and disposal are a step change better than the entire competition. Freak.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
He didn't have issues in the normal wayward young kid. It was more he lacked family support and the ability to get himself to games/training. Main problem was turning up late.