Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He didn't have issues in the normal wayward young kid. It was more he lacked family support and the ability to get himself to games/training. Main problem was turning up late.
Yep good that he turned up late to punt road

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
He didn't have issues in the normal wayward young kid. It was more he lacked family support and the ability to get himself to games/training. Main problem was turning up late.

I’m guessing everyone inferred the lateness was due to all night benders.

However, it appears the main reason was unstable living conditions and needing to work to support himself.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Studio_20190729_141957.jpg

For some reason I can't recall seeing this angle of Syd's mark.
Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere.
Magic **** happens in that jumper!Studio_20190729_141957.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Stackman really struggling with his body at the moment, (think it's his back), spent today, (not the main session), walking laps with one of the performance guys.
If we are going to rest him now is probably not a bad time IMO.

Reactions: 3 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
If that's the case, rest him for the next two weeks if we have to - we need him for finals

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Stackman really struggling with his body at the moment, (think it's his back), spent today, (not the main session), walking laps with one of the performance guys.

if that is the case Caesar, then they would be crazy not to rest him. Give him a week off and then bring him back the following week to smash Walsh, to kill the debate once and for all, and to help put Carlton back in its box

Last edited:

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
I've been advocating this for a while. Sydney this week, Shai the next, get 'em both fresh for the bigger games.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
This made me laugh re Jack Viney's rating as a captain this year by the guys at Mongrel Punt

D
NATHAN JONES/JACK VINEY

The lowest rated of our captains, and here’s why. Jones was portrayed as this heroic figure in last year’s finals and the Dees fans rallied around him like a beacon – finally something good was going to happen for him. It was a time the captain needed to stand up. He didn’t. he had 18 touches in a forgettable performance and has carried that form into 2019, notching 25+ touches on two occasions. There is a reason he is yet to sign a deal for 2020.

Jack Viney has been barely any better despite receiving copious amounts of plaudits each week. His claim to fame this season has been getting flattened by Sydney Stack. He has had 30+ disposals once, and is having his worst statistical season since 2014.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Highlight package halfway through his first year that he didn't play in all the games. Ridic.

'OH BANG, Sydney Stack just sat him down" was such a good call by JB. Perfect call that enhances the vision.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The crazy thing is there is has been a drop off in support of Stack to win RS. Playing like a 200 game veteran.

Reactions: 1 user