Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Don't think he can get back in if that's the case.

Why not? He might get in a VFL game in before the prelim as well. West coast got a lot of goals from stoppages. I thought we missed him at half back early doors as we were very panicky down back.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Hopefull but not confident we see Stackie again.

I don’t think Lambert was able to get back to his best even though he played. We had to many underdone players in the prelim last year and I can’t see us making that mistake twice.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Why not? He might get in a VFL game in before the prelim as well. West coast got a lot of goals from stoppages. I thought we missed him at half back early doors as we were very panicky down back.

I'd have him in for Short at halfback like a shot but Dimma persists with the Shawtee experiment.

But his form hasn't been great anyway so not sure who he'd replace apart from that.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Seeing short panic and fumble the hot ball in the backline makes stacks dropping even more headscratching

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Hope he gets back, but if not, he played an important role this year , added a lot of class when we were depleted through injury .

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Won't see Stacky again at AFL level this year, pretty confident of that. He'll be back bigger and stronger next year.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Is it worth the risk trying to rush Stack back? We did the same for Lambert last year and that didn't work out too well. For me it is better to make sure the injury has healed before rushing a player back. Better a disappointed player than one having a career prematurely ended

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is it worth the risk trying to rush Stack back? We did the same for Lambert last year and that didn't work out too well. For me it is better to make sure the injury has healed before rushing a player back. Better a disappointed player than one having a career prematurely ended

People are saying Stack wasnt playing well Thats why he was dropped.
His form did taper off after he was used as a forward.
Moving out of the backline added to his form drop.
This injury could've been avoided.
He missed a week, came back and was dropped.
Dont like the way this has panned out for stacky

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Absolute bollocks. Nothing says if he played AFL he wouldn't have gotten injured. He may have done an ACL had he been playing today. You can't just say if this then that, because life doesn't work that way.

Not to mention, he was horrible last week, and deserved to be dropped *on form*, unless you are now advocating we never drop a player in the event they may get injured in the twos.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Absolute bollocks. Nothing says if he played AFL he wouldn't have gotten injured. He may have done an ACL had he been playing today. You can't just say if this then that, because life doesn't work that way.

Not to mention, he was horrible last week, and deserved to be dropped *on form*, unless you are now advocating we never drop a player in the event they may get injured in the twos.

Excatly.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Fair comment

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

Ok Barrett. You’re the king of sliding doors!