Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Sadly I reckon he’s done for the year.

Lambert did come back for the prelim with the same injury but was a shadow of his earlier season form and he had an extra week to do so.

You can’t carry players in finals - we learnt that the hard way in last years prelim.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
From Hardwick's presser, it is a syndesmosis injury and he has surgery this week.
Similar in timing and nature to Lambert's injury (and Lambert got back to play finals)
Lambert played finals but not very well; no where near his damaging best in the Prelim. Stacky's game is built on his agility and power through his feet and ankles so as much as it hurts me to say it, I'd prefer to get him right for a solid pre-season.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
People are saying Stack wasnt playing well Thats why he was dropped.
His form did taper off after he was used as a forward.
Moving out of the backline added to his form drop.
This injury could've been avoided.
He missed a week, came back and was dropped.
Dont like the way this has panned out for stacky
He initially played very well as a forward so perhaps his form drop was caused by something else. He can play the game, reads it well, anticipates what is about to unfold, not selfish, great agility, very clean one-touch player, great kick, great mark and has proved he can play forward or back. Moving out of the backline did not add to his form drop.
His ankle injury could only have been avoided if he did not play at all. It's just the risk you take with playing footy, VFL or AFL.
I don't know the extent of his original calf tightness (which can indicate a minor strain) but he may have needed more than just 1 week out and it depends how well he did his re-hab. He needs his lower legs fully fit and that issue may have caused his poor game v. Blues, we don't know.
None of us like the fact that Stacky is injured but that's just footy, like the Rance injury and Jack's time out with a PCL, s*** happens. It's how he responds and gets ready for next season that will decide how good he can become. We all hope he is not so satisfied with what he's done this year that he thinks he's got nothing more to prove and becomes a "one-season wonder".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Dimma told one of the coterie groups he was dropped for disciplinary reasons.
Kick up the ass unfortunately turned into something else

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Sadly I reckon he’s done for the year.

Lambert did come back for the prelim with the same injury but was a shadow of his earlier season form and he had an extra week to do so.

You can’t carry players in finals - we learnt that the hard way in last years prelim.
Lambert also had gastro, didn't he?

Anyway, unlikely we'll see our young superstar again this year, which is a real shame.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Balme reckon he’ll be back for finals

Lock it in. He’s out for the season.

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Dimma told one of the coterie groups he was dropped for disciplinary reasons.
Kick up the ass unfortunately turned into something else

I heard something similar from someone who knows a thing or two.
There was the suggestion Stackman might have been enjoying himself a little too much out and about late at night.
But nothing seems to have come of it.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I heard something similar from someone who knows a thing or two.
There was the suggestion Stackman might have been enjoying himself a little too much out and about late at night.
But nothing seems to have come of it.
Needs to learn from Dusty how not to get caught.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The missing piece that needs to return.

Hopefully he can get back in time
Please make it happen. We need him to replace Short and give us another option for Cameron if Grimes is needed to plug another hole.

Reactions: 1 users

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Need him to sit down Robinson what a campaigner that *smile* is.

Saw Stackman earlier today, still walking around with a significant limp.

Told me the Doc is looking at second week of finals, but Stack is pushing for next week.

From what i saw today, he is no chance for next week. IMO at best, he might make it back for the VFL grand final (if week make it).

Reactions: 2 users