Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
:bananaStack and Rance to come back into this already amazing backline in 2020

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Can't see Stack coming back this year. Maybe if Tigers make VFL grand final he can prove his fitness but even then can't see him picked unless there's a like for like injury replacement.

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Saw Stackman earlier today, still walking around with a significant limp.

Told me the Doc is looking at second week of finals, but Stack is pushing for next week.

From what i saw today, he is no chance for next week. IMO at best, he might make it back for the VFL grand final (if week make it).
Just out of a cast ain't he. He'll walk it off soon.

Still 9 days 4 hours and 37 minutes to go. Plenty of time.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Why would you move one of the best defenders (should be AA - Tom Stewart lol) to mid ?

Tom Stewart would struggle to get a game in our backline. Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin and Broad are all better players.

I suppose with Rance being injured and all, he may have played a few games this year, we need a whipping boy.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Congratulations to Stack coming in third for best first year player.

Best First-Year Player
1. Sam Walsh (400)
2. Connor Rozee (112)
3. Sydney Stack (62)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Well done on Sydney for coming third in the Rising Star.

He finished on 28 votes behind Walsh and Rozee.

2019 NAB AFL Rising Star voting
Sam Walsh 54
Connor Rozee 42
Sydney Stack 28
Bailey Smith 21
Gryan Miers 5
Cameron Zurhaar 4
Jordan Clark 4
Nick Blakey 3
Liam Baker 2
Oscar Allen 1
Xavier Duursma 1

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Now for my rant.

What drugs is Kevin Sheehan on not giving Stack a single vote? The only voting member who could not see the talent this kid has showed this year coming off the rookie list.

And this bloke is supposed to be the AFLs 'expert' when it comes to junior talent. Its about time this bloke collects his pension and allows someone else to do the job.

Kevin Sheehan
5 – Sam Walsh
4 – Connor Rozee
3 – Bailey Smith
2 – Nick Blakey
1 – Gryan Miers

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Now for my rant.

What drugs is Kevin Sheehan on not giving Stack a single vote? The only voting member who could not see the talent this kid has showed this year coming off the rookie list.

And this bloke is supposed to be the AFLs 'expert' when it comes to junior talent. Its about time this bloke collects his pension and allows someone else to do the job.

Kevin Sheehan
5 – Sam Walsh
4 – Connor Rozee
3 – Bailey Smith
2 – Nick Blakey
1 – Gryan Miers

Sheehan is just another Geelong flog working for the AFL who has NFI. Just like SHocking.

I'm just surprised he didn't have Clark in the votes as well :rolleyes: Gryan Miers pffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt!!!

Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Sheehan is just another Geelong flog working for the AFL who has NFI. Just like SHocking.

I'm just surprised he didn't have Clark in the votes as well :rolleyes: Gryan Miers pffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt!!!
It is amazing how many ex-Geelong guys take every opportunity to favour their club.

We have Bartlett and Richo on the All-Aus selection committee and you could never accuse them of favouring guys from their old club, if anything, they are too harsh on them. Grimes should have two All Australian jackets and Vlastuin should have one too. Ex-Cats , on the other hand.....

I suppose it is another symptom of their country bumpkin inadequacy issue.

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Now for my rant.

Kevin Sheehan
5 – Sam Walsh
4 – Connor Rozee
3 – Bailey Smith
2 – Nick Blakey
1 – Gryan Miers

He has been riding the back of the AFL for the last 25 years.
Phantom knew the kids better then this clown.

This is the same bloke that said Pettifier was leadership quality and that he would one day captain a afl side.
Same bloke said that Ellis was only of the best kicks he has seen. Pity he never got near it.
Im not bias but the Media had Walsh winning the Award, 5 minutes into his career.
None of the new kids impacted the competition as much as stack did.

Fllken Geelong Weed.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Now for my rant.

Kevin Sheehan
5 – Sam Walsh
4 – Connor Rozee
3 – Bailey Smith
2 – Nick Blakey
1 – Gryan Miers

No surprise - the same flog refused to nominate him when everyone else in Oz knew he deserved a nomination

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It is amazing how many ex-Geelong guys take every opportunity to favour their club.

We have Bartlett and Richo on the All-Aus selection committee and you could never accuse them of favouring guys from their old club, if anything, they are too harsh on them. Grimes should have two All Australian jackets and Vlastuin should have one too. Ex-Cats , on the other hand.....

I suppose it is another symptom of their country bumpkin inadequacy issue.

Not too mention leaving Dusty out this year's AA side!

Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
He has been riding the back of the AFL for the last 25 years.
Phantom knew the kids better then this clown.

This is the same bloke that said Pettifier was leadership quality and that he would one day captain a afl side.
Same bloke said that Ellis was only of the best kicks he has seen. Pity he never got near it.
Im not bias but the Media had Walsh winning the Award, 5 minutes into his career.
None of the new kids impacted the competition as much as stack did.

Fllken Geelong Weed.

Also said Fiora was the most likely of his draft year to win a Brownlow...…….bahhhaa

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Also said Fiora was the most likely of his draft year to win a Brownlow...…….bahhhaa

Cant believe he still in the books.
If he was any good he would’ve been picked up as chief recruiter.
Wasn’t he the one that said on draft night, that he was shocked bomtemtelly went top 10?
He has more misses then Castagna.

Reactions: 1 user