Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Stackman would have to put in a blinder in the VFL GF to make himself almost impossible not to select in the seniors the following week.
Would be a much discussed issue for the match committee if he does so.
At this stage, I think he is unfortunately at long odds to play the following week.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Personally, he has such a huge future, I would be putting him in cotton wool and getting him cherry ripe for a big pre-season.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Stackman would have to put in a blinder in the VFL GF to make himself almost impossible not to select in the seniors the following week.
Would be a much discussed issue for the match committee if he does so.
At this stage, I think he is unfortunately at long odds to play the following week.

Before he injured his foot in the VFL, just after half time I believe, he had 17 disposals. Was headed for a blinder.
Fingers crossed he hasn’t lost too much fitness because he is way above the level this coming Sunday

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
so if stack plays and wins the gf then plays next week and wins a gf has this been done before?
Good question, was that a VFL Grand Final a few years back when Cyril Rioli, who was coming back from injury played half a game, and was then rested. He played in the Hawks Premiership side the next week.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Agree with last couple of posts - firstly, let him get through training today and then selected, secondly, lets win tonight, 3rd, he needs to play a blinder, 4th, needs to pull up really well. Bit of water to go under the bridge first.

Having said that, damn i hope he ticks all the boxes and plays next week - born to play finals this kid.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I think he is 100% in the frame and what it does is it puts a few on notice going into tonight to make sure they turn up and play well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
First, what a boost for our VFL side if he plays.

Second. In addition to Cyril, King for Geelong played in the Cats 2007 reserves GF (beating the Jack Riewoldt inspired burgers in that year) and then doubling up a week later.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Good question, was that a VFL Grand Final a few years back when Cyril Rioli, who was coming back from injury played half a game, and was then rested. He played in the Hawks Premiership side the next week.
I reckon the hawks lost in the VFL, and there was negative commentary about using the VFL grand final as a glorified training run.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Has anyone heard from Caesar? Was meant to go to VFL final training this afternoon to report on Sydney’s progress. He was conflicted because the London had happy hour on and he also had to fit in his daily drive by of Shai’s place. May not have been able to fit everything in

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users