Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The quality of players we have brought into the club the last few seasons is staggering considering we haven't had any high end draft picks
We relied on them too much.
Supporters would be more excited about draft night then the actual games.
We have unlocked something we weren't able to do since 1987, find talent. Not only have we hit gold with early picks cotchin Martin Jack etc.
But our late & rookie selections are 'hall of fame" selections
If Collingwood did what we have achieved using the drafts, it would be announced to the world.
The 2014 rookie draft on its own makes up for more then 30 years of stuff ups.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I wonder if RFC members will get upset if our recruiters can't keep going down to the back of the gravel pit and coming back with diamonds.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I wonder if RFC members will get upset if our recruiters can't keep going down to the back of the gravel pit and coming back with diamonds.
Of course we will. They've set a standard now n we'll expect them to at least maintain it, if not improve it.

The best thing about finding some serious talent for minimal outlay is that there's some coverage in the mid age area plus a big handful of youngsters still in early development.
Means there's wriggle room for a slip up or two in the next couple of drafts that shouldn't have disastrous effects.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Never been a better opportunity to do it.

Big difference in coming in to a strong program, playing VFL and then being a genuine 22nd player in the senior team.

I'd love to see how a Troy Taylor would go if he was drafted today for example.

Reactions: 3 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019
Really looking forward to some Stacky magic in the round 1 clash v Carlton.
Reckon the crowd will go off if he pulls out a hanger or a trade mark bump.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
We've done so well that we can afford the be a bit below par or break even for 2 or 3 drafts and still maintain elite status, even supremacy. I don't think that below par will happen, and if it does it won't be due to poor preparation or expertise.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Of course we will. They've set a standard now n we'll expect them to at least maintain it, if not improve it.

The best thing about finding some serious talent for minimal outlay is that there's some coverage in the mid age area plus a big handful of youngsters still in early development.
Means there's wriggle room for a slip up or two in the next couple of drafts that shouldn't have disastrous effects.
All players can play. It is getting their heads right that is the most important thing. And we are doing that and then allowing their ability to come out.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
We've done so well that we can afford the be a bit below par or break even for 2 or 3 drafts and still maintain elite status, even supremacy. I don't think that below par will happen, and if it does it won't be due to poor preparation or expertise.
After getting Lynch Ross Stackman Marlion, (and the promising RCD & Turner), in the one draft/trade period I think the AFL should ban us from this year's draft.

• Haha
  • Love

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Really looking forward to some Stacky magic in the round 1 clash v Carlton.
Reckon the crowd will go off if he pulls out a hanger or a trade mark bump.
Won't hear me complaining if he sits either Walsh or Cripps on his arse during the game. Fairly of course, don't want young Stacka to get in any trouble with the flogs in suits that do match review or tribunal.
Maybe Stacka could get one n the Fish could get the other :))

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
But what if they continue unearthing gems??

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I’ve a gut feeling, with no base of fact that Sydney will have a couple of periods of being a star, feel it’s a bit easy and taper off for a game or 2, get dropped for a match for something disciplanary then rinse and repeat... while he’s still a young buck, just got that vibe about him. Has every tool and trick in his kit bag, just needs the maturity/grounding to keep the focus. He’ll make it, but reckon there will be a newspapers headline or 2 along the journey

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I really hope he keeps 44.
Daffy was never the same after dropping 44 for 10

Reactions: 1 user