Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Thought Syd was very good yesterday.
Did some of his best work during warm up! 4 shots from the forward pocket boundary fence, for 4 goals.
Can’t wait to see him have a full year

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Built into he game nicely did young Sydaknee. There's a kid who does not like getting beaten in a contest, plenty of second n third efforts.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Stackmann .............. just makes us better out there, skill, poise and hardness.

He just wins contests.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thought Syd was very good yesterday.
Did some of his best work during warm up! 4 shots from the forward pocket boundary fence, for 4 goals.
Can’t wait to see him have a full year
Was getting some very good advice from the pocket though :))

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Stackmann .............. just makes us better out there, skill, poise and hardness.

He just wins contests.
He got to a few contests he almost didn't have a right to get to.

Bit different to Houlihan who used to have a perfect half step to just get there that fraction late! A trait that seemed to run in the family.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The maturity this kid has gone through over the past 12 months is phenomenal. This was evident tonight during his interview on the Australian Story.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The maturity this kid has gone through over the past 12 months is phenomenal. This was evident tonight during his interview on the Australian Story.

Marlion should be very, very good for Stackman I would have thought, seems to idolize him already.

Syd loves the limelight and may be open to the pitfalls of instant fame and fortune.

I am sure Marlion is the one person he would listen to if he ever required a bit of grounding.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Marlion should be very, very good for Stackman I would have thought, seems to idolize him already.

Syd loves the limelight and may be open to the pitfalls of instant fame and fortune.

I am sure Marlion is the one person he would listen to if he ever required a bit of grounding.

Agree, but I think the club does that just fine. I had big worries that Shai would become a glory hunting, limelight chasing pretty boy, but he's changed and is now playing a team game without much fanfare.

We're just so *smile* great that I can't understand why anyone would support any other club.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Agree, but I think the club does that just fine. I had big worries that Shai would become a glory hunting, limelight chasing pretty boy, but he's changed and is now playing a team game without much fanfare.

We're just so ******* great that I can't understand why anyone would support any other club.

I were not talking about on field exploits, as far a that goes happy for Stacky to bring out the trumpets, trombone and the whole brass band ;) I were referring to possible off field influences and choices.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I were not talking about on field exploits, as far a that goes happy for Stacky to bring out the trumpets, trombone and the whole brass band ;) I were referring to possible off field influences and choices.

Yeah, me too. Shai struck me as being a bit too big for his boots when he started off and there was a risk he'd go chasing the glamour and $$ early.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Stacks doing the complete opposite atm. Off field he looks extremely stable and well grounded.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I think he was heading that way early last season, I've no doubt he was firmly set straight after a couple of selfish acts.

The moment in the Grand Final when he gave the ball off and ran to shepherd was a huge step forward for him.
His shepherd up in Brissie to allow Daniel to run & bounce & goal was a thing of beauty

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Agreed

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Was it Adams that sat over him on the ground wanting to go on with a tackle in the 3rd? I'd have punched him but Stackie just rubbed his head and got up and took his free kick. Showed some maturity/control there did the lad.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Thought Syd looked a bit lost in the 1st quarter, but was pleased to see him get back to last seasons form after that.