Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Hardwick should've moved him foward.
Martin kicked one goal. The one he got it off the pack and burnt Broad.
His first was advantage against Astbury on Silivagni.
His 2nd was a chip pass from McGovern (my cat wouldve kicked it where McGovern was).
His last goal was the 50 paid against Astbury.
Martin didn't slap Stack.

Whatever our defensive team does, it seems they excel with their ability to cover more talented individuals by planning thoroughly, talking, and working together as a unit.

Unpredictable situations will present the most risk to any group-defensive structure.

We lost a core intercept guy
They lost a core tall target
They had a new small guy taking advantage of the mild chaos whenever it presented.

The hardest thing to prepare for is a team that plays like Richmond - unpredictable, fast so you can’t setup in time, and takes advantage of the unpredictably bouncing oval-shaped ball as it falls to ground where a storm of ready runners are bolting at instinctive angles.

I put this down as situational and wouldn’t point fingers as any individual in our defence.

The interesting question for me was how did Carlton lock the ball in their F50 so well?

Why was our plan to move the ball forward less effective than usual? Is it a one-off or something that needs more evolution this year?

Reactions: 1 user
Whatever our defensive team does, it seems they excel with their ability to cover more talented individuals by planning thoroughly, talking, and working together as a unit.

Unpredictable situations will present the most risk to any group-defensive structure.

We lost a core intercept guy
They lost a core tall target
They had a new small guy taking advantage of the mild chaos whenever it presented.

The hardest thing to prepare for is a team that plays like Richmond - unpredictable, fast so you can’t setup in time, and takes advantage of the unpredictably bouncing oval-shaped ball as it falls to ground where a storm of ready runners are bolting at instinctive angles.

I put this down as situational and wouldn’t point fingers as any individual in our defence.

The interesting question for me was how did Carlton lock the ball in their F50 so well?

Why was our plan to move the ball forward less effective than usual? Is it a one-off or something that needs more evolution this year?

I noticed this too about Blues trapping the ball in their forward line.
I think our lack of run was the issue and that was because we were underdone and players just did not have the fitness.
On top of this we had Houli out who is a link runner.
In particular Lambert and Edwards were well underdone....so just not enough run.
This will be fine in six games time.
In truth, the whole team was well underdone and once had a lead just settled for game time .
It was very nice to see how easily our forward line carved them up when necessary and that was with little scoring
input from both Lynch and Martin who was just jogging.
An easy win but hard to watch.

Reactions: 2 users
I noticed this too about Blues trapping the ball in their forward line.
I think our lack of run was the issue and that was because we were underdone and players just did not have the fitness.
On top of this we had Houli out who is a link runner.
In particular Lambert and Edwards were well underdone....so just not enough run.
This will be fine in six games time.
In truth, the whole team was well underdone and once had a lead just settled for game time .
It was very nice to see how easily our forward line carved them up when necessary and that was with little scoring
input from both Lynch and Martin who was just jogging.
An easy win but hard to watch.

You could be right, especially since Carlton would be near their peak already in that area.

And with the shorter quarters, it might also take a few matches for the players to adjust to how hard they feel they should be running.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd be loathe to mention, in the one sentence, the need to evolve and anything attributable to David Teague.

think you may be sarcastic above however Dimma did in his presser afterwards, said they reset and what they changed worked, credit to Carlton.

i think he was aware of what they did which obviously will help us combat it not just the scum but other teams that try

Reactions: 1 users
Been a bit of speculation about Stackman of late but ultimately all that matters is his footy does the talking.
The kid has ridiculous talent. I hope he gets the opportunity to show it off because damn do I love watching him play.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Gets a reprieve for tomorrow night which is good as he offers some real options for the Tigers both in attack and down back if required.

Lets go Syd light em up.

Gets a reprieve for tomorrow night which is good as he offers some real options for the Tigers both in attack and down back if required.

Lets go Syd light em up.

Yep, given the opportunity and now has to perform.

Geez I hope he can run out the game well and shows why he was picked.

DS