Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Im pretty sure mining royalties go to the State?

and I dont think Gina and Twiggy pay much tax. They employ all their family in tax deductible philanthropic enterprises,

like buying $200m worth of dodgy Covid testing kits, and then sending the tax payers the bill for a giant mountain of useless plastic.

mining pays around $30b a year in royalties and taxes.

The Australian Worker (the blokes and sheilas with calloused hands and no accountant) pay around $180b in income tax

WA hosts about 10% of Australia working Men and women, and Easterners dig up and sell approximately 50% more minerals than our Western brothers and sisters.

enjoy your colorbond, staff-less, schools and hospitals.

oh, and set our stackman free
WA produces 98% of Oz Iron Ore and the majority of LNG also. Given they about the only things China hasn’t banned if it wasn’t for WA we’d have to resort to selling arms to the Middle East to have $2 to rub together

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Several are serving jail time in WA at present for 1 breach
He has pleaded guilty to two serious breaches
Leave it at that !
Sorry, guys, this is not the unlawful incarceration of Hurricane Carter. Stig, unfortunately, is not too far from the mark. Just let it run to the legal conclusion, whatever it may be.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Sorry, guys, this is not the unlawful incarceration of Hurricane Carter. Stig, unfortunately, is not too far from the mark. Just let it run to the legal conclusion, whatever it may be.
He had a clear record before these two convictions. He spent 3+ weeks in custody because of isolation rules that meant he couldn’t be bought to court earlier, plus a decision by his barrister, to further adjourn a bail hearing possibly for strategic reasons? He has pleaded guilty.
Don’t think he is going back to jail,

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
fair enough.

Im proud that I wouldnt pause to empty my bladder on Twiggy if he was smouldering in the gutter, no matter how many franking credits he offered me

Roeburn is one busted arsed town, I tell ya
At an FMG shareholders meeting last year, company founder and chairman Andrew Forrest called compensation for the Yindjibarndi people "mining welfare" and said Roebourne was "not a community I'm going to empower with tens of millions of your cash".

Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
At an FMG shareholders meeting last year, company founder and chairman Andrew Forrest called compensation for the Yindjibarndi people "mining welfare" and said Roebourne was "not a community I'm going to empower with tens of millions of your cash".
Not aware of the above but I have been a fan. Has given $ for $ on WA public health expenditure for some years, until recently, on the condition of anonymity.
Love to know more from those in the know, but he seems willing to give from his own resources to help others less fortunate?

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
fair enough.

Im proud that I wouldnt pause to empty my bladder on Twiggy if he was smouldering in the gutter, no matter how many franking credits he offered me

Roeburn is one busted arsed town, I tell ya
Roebourne certainly is looked very sad back in 2018

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
WA produces 98% of Oz Iron Ore and the majority of LNG also. Given they about the only things China hasn’t banned if it wasn’t for WA we’d have to resort to selling arms to the Middle East to have $2 to rub together

Lucky no one in WA is floating the idea of breaking away from Australia.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Roebourne certainly is looked very sad back in 2018

dont think its change much.

Its the location of Australia's most grim prison by a mile.

honestly, its like a colonial outback gaol.

No prizes for guessing the skin colour of the overwhelming majority of inmates is.

What happens is, some horrible criminals aren't welcome back in their communities after release, so they stay in Roeburn.

Making the town kind of a social sewage farm, through white processes beyond their control.

Then Twiggy says 'these people are so disconnected from country, they have no connection, no native title rights and deserve no money'

but then he steals language and culture, names his philanthropic foundation mundaroo, puts a black person in flouro on page 3 of his annual report, hangs a dot painting in FMG's perth office.

and pretends hes a great bloke, friend of the aborigine. Some fall for it.

At least Gina doesn't really pretend to be anything other than a horrible greedy toad.

Twiggy is a snake. a conman. I hate him

Some may say this is an unrelated tangent. that politics dont belong on the footy board.

fair enough.

But I reckon our Stackmans situation is highly political, systemically racist

and the bigger context of WA and its racist structures, that put $30b in Twiggys pocket while he digs up other blokes country, is important

Anyway, free Stackman

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007

No prizes for guessing the skin colour of the overwhelming majority of inmates is.

What happens is, some horrible criminals aren't welcome back in their communities after release, so they stay in Roeburn.

Making the town kind of a social sewage farm, through white processes beyond their control.

Then Twiggy says 'these people are so disconnected from country, they have no connection, no native title rights and deserve no money'

but then he steals language and culture, names his philanthropic foundation mundaroo, puts a black person in flouro on page 3 of his annual report, hangs a dot painting in FMG's perth office.

At least Gina doesn't really pretend to be anything other than a horrible greedy toad.

Some may say this is an unrelated tangent. that politics dont belong on the footy board.

fair enough.

and the bigger context of WA and its racist structures, that put $30b in Twiggys pocket while he digs up other blokes country, is important

Anyway, free Stackman
Twiggy is a snake. Lucky he didn't end up in jail over the development of Murrin Murrin.

He does deserve some credit for his creation of FMG. And many of his ventures are doing good. He fits somewhere between legit and Clive Palmer.

Not sure however how Twiggy made it into this thread!

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

fair enough.

Anyway, free Stackman

Wow just wow.

So Twiggy (who by the way isn't the MD so doesn't make the decisions on day to day running of FMG, thats Elizabeth Gaines) went through this court case to deprive them of "any money".

Thats not even the truth behind this. There are always 2 sides to a story, and you have promoted the one you want. The reality is that the local people wanted free cash, and due to the position that Roebourne is in (as you have so elequently put it) offered something different to pure money.

"FMG was looking to expand quickly and began negotiating a land-use agreement with YAC in March 2008 to speed-up its development.

YAC demanded a 5 per cent cut of future royalties — equivalent to what the WA State Government receives — before it revised down to 0.5 per cent, which it claims is "industry standard."

But FMG ultimately rejected the offer, offering a smaller payout and an education and employment package worth millions.

"We remain open to negotiating a Land Access Agreement to the benefit of all Yindjibarndi people on similar terms to the agreements Fortescue has in place with other Native Title groups in the region," The FMG chief said.

"We currently have seven agreements in operation, delivering Native Title royalties as well as heritage management, training, employment and business opportunities.

"These agreements provide significant economic and social benefits to the relevant communities."

But believe the rubbish that you do then. You are as extreme in your views (from the other side) as Lee is but you don't even seem to realise that you are.

Just for your info, in the 2016 census, Roebournes population was 66% between the ages of 20-65 (ie. working age) compared to 61% in WA. Of those that were employed they were at 28% compared to WA average of 77%.

Its been proven in the past that throwing money at something with no plan in place doesn't work to change demographics, so the offer of reduced "royalties" and more money invested in education and jobs would have most likely had a much bigger long term benefit for Roebourne, but of course, keep believing what you want to.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You are as extreme in your views (from the other side) as Lee is
They've done a pretty good hatchet job on me on PRE, but you can think of me like you do Twiggy.

BHOAfyv.jpg

Not one of you *smile* know me IRL but just keep on casting your aspersions. Happy Australia Day, *****.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
They've done a pretty good hatchet job on me on PRE, but you can think of me like you do Twiggy.

BHOAfyv.jpg

Not one of you *smile* know me IRL but just keep on casting your aspersions. Happy Australia Day, *****.

That wasn't supposed to be a dig at you, and my eyes have been opening to how you are perceived on here and it does seem unfair. Imagine the outrage if you had stated that you hate someone that was black because of how they operate with white guys. You'd have been ripped to shreds, but seems like its ok if it favours the left.

I sit in the middle so listen to both points, but extremes both ways frustrate me.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
That wasn't supposed to be a dig at you, and my eyes have been opening to how you are perceived on here and it does seem unfair. Imagine the outrage if you had stated that you hate someone that was black because of how they operate with white guys. You'd have been ripped to shreds, but seems like its ok if it favours the left.

I sit in the middle so listen to both points, but extremes both ways frustrate me.
I just see red at being cast as "extreme". Here are all my posts on Stack. If anyone cares to identify anything "extreme", I'll delete it.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

fair enough.

Anyway, free Stackman
Nice story but if everyone had that attitude in Australia we'd still be living in caves.

I'm no fan of Twiggy and I'd call him the best salesman going around rather than your names but its a one sided argument that fails to acknowledge the $2 Billion in taxes he paid to Australia last year.

If you want to point the finger at Corporate greed look at Apple, Google, Amazon who have their way in Oz and don't contribute a cent

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I just see red at being cast as "extreme". Here are all my posts on Stack. If anyone cares to identify anything "extreme", I'll delete it.

Sorry, probably wrong post for it to all fall into. I haven't seen anything extreme from you on Stack and wasn't indicating it.

More an overall view of politics between you and Ezy, maybe extreme was the wrong word.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Wow just wow.

But believe the rubbish that you do then. You are as extreme in your views (from the other side) as Lee is but you don't even seem to realise that you are.

1. wow alright. so you read the annual report? funnily enough, a panel of high court judges pretty much agreed with my take, rather than FMG's barrage of barristers.

2. have you ever been to Roeburn or talked meaningfully to an indigenous Australian?

3. I fully realise what I am alright, and If my views moderate to less than the extreme opposite of L2's views, then be sure to let me know and I'll smash every mirror in my house and drink myself rapidly to death.

4. I love Sydney Stack

I would appreciate a response to point 2 if you could take the time,

over and out

EZT

Last edited: