Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nope, you've got me there, deadset anti-Richmond agenda by the AFL.

It's not like they announced it 2 months before we were premiers or anything. :rolleyes:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-ne...onavirus/eeb30e09-5f87-4cae-a028-a422183360d9

I wonder if that director was Malcolm Speed, whose work in the Amazon documentary confirms the widely held notion that he is a dribbler. How lucky we are these people are parachuted into the board.
So the AFL pumped 23.5 mill into Gee Whizz in 2019 n then Gee Whizz turned around n had a sook about the AFL not paying them enough to compete in finals, FFS. Looks like Gee Whizz got serious about cost cutting n saving heaps of money by not bothering to turn up for any more finals in 2020.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sadly I think he’s a one year wonder.
Great seeing the club help him out , but I’m not expecting him To be this great player a lot believe he’ll be.

• Sad

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

It's not like they announced it 2 months before we were premiers or anything. :rolleyes:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-ne...onavirus/eeb30e09-5f87-4cae-a028-a422183360d9

I wonder if that director was Malcolm Speed, whose work in the Amazon documentary confirms the widely held notion that he is a dribbler. How lucky we are these people are parachuted into the board.
Malcom Speed a dribbler !!! Parachuted onto the board !!

He has forgotten more about sports governance that you would ever know !!

And knowing DA his contact wouldn't be MS

& I will add that the article you linked mentions the reduction in prize money, not the AFL holding out for 6 weeks to decide to pay us or not

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

No the director is a young, articulate and highly intelligent businessman handpicked by Gale.
And a good friend.
But please carry on regardless.

Reactions: 5 users

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Spoke with a RFC director today.
No job lost but casual hours cut back and spread across the club to absorb the $100k.
He reckons AFL hates us because we destroyed their plans for an interstate club to win a G.F.
Said that normally the winning Premiership team gets $500k for winning but the AFL took 6 weeks to confirm they were actually going to pay us.
Hated and feared. Back where we belong.
We don't want to be hated and feared. We want to be admired for our organisation and the great style of football we play.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sometimes an impressive CV just means people want to move you on.
Yes, that would be the pessimist view and a chance to take another swipe at a Richmond person.

But more often than not, an impressive CV stands up to scrutiny.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Bit of a rumour going around in WA this evening regarding Stackman.....

Apparently he didn't vote for Mark McGowan in today's state election.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sadly I think he’s a one year wonder.
Great seeing the club help him out , but I’m not expecting him To be this great player a lot believe he’ll be.
If he didn't play up, he has proven he can play this game and play it well.
He isn't the first talented kid to ruin his career with off field incidents.
I reckon purely because it's only early season and he come back and work hard to get back into the best 22.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Richmond pledges to help Sydney Stack as return to club nears (HeraldSun)
HeraldSun
14 March 2021

Richmond has shaved costs to avoid huge job losses at Punt Road as a result of the COVID-19 hit season, absorbing some of Sydney Stack’s huge fine in its football cap.

Richmond is hopeful Sydney Stack could be back at Punt Road within weeks as it absorbs the damage of his $100,000 fine within the club’s football department cap.

Stack is in a much better place than when he was released from prison for a West Australian COVID breach as he awaits a March 25 court date for that offence.

The talented indigenous player is living with his auntie in Northam and attempting to rededicate himself to his AFL career.

He is not only getting a high level of support from Richmond on a fitness program, he is also accessing the type of counselling and welfare he needs to work on his issues away from football.

Stack was rocked by a family bereavement pre-Christmas and then returned home to West Australia where he committed a second COVID breach after his initial Queensland AFL infraction.

But when he was bailed after serving three weeks in jail the Supreme Court judge suggested he was unlikely to serve more jail time even if given a conviction.

The Tigers are desperate to get him back among their support structures, with Stack able to play practice games and VFL despite his AFL ban that runs until Round 5.

The Tigers and Stack’s management are determined to respect the court process but there is a hope with borders to soon be opened up he could be back in Melbourne soon after that court case.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
That fine was ridiculous. Didn’t see Collingwood cop that sort of penalty after their indiscretions.
Ridiculous not the word, but no apparently he went through the wrong door lol.What about the Port one on the eve of finals beautiful cover up that one.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'm backing Stack. He's got so much to offer both on and off field.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Why are the borders an issue? He can go from Perth to Melbourne without issue, as it’s not considered a risk. It’s just going from Melbourne to Perth at present is problematic.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Has there ever been any criticism of any person even remotely connected with Richmond that you didn't take as a personal affront?

It's ok for not everything in the club to be perfect.
I don't take it personally at all. It's just a simple observation that in most cases if someone is praising an RFC person you need to come in with the opposing "insiders" view. Or if we're pointing out bad in another club or person, you need to come in and claim we're the same or worse, as any "insider" would know.

You keep knocking us down at every opportunity, I'll keep pointing it out.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
That fine was ridiculous. Didn’t see Collingwood cop that sort of penalty after their indiscretions.
The penalty imposed on both players was way over the top. The players interests were not separately represented and they were dealt with at breakneck speed.
Still surprised that Brook Cotchin can walk away with her reputation untarnished while a series of later but related events have resulted in Stacky doing hard time.