Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
As always Stack has the talent, not the fitness. He needs to work harder.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good sign he was getting better as the game went on. Needs continuity in his footy

Reactions: 1 users

ejort

Tiger Cub
Jul 30, 2020
Watching on TV, he appeared in multiple plays involved in the back 50 then up forward, and was big in the last q. I didn’t see him blowing at all. What am I missing, why do we still think his fitness is below par? I might have missed a report from someone at the ground saying he was cooked, but he looked to do plenty of repeat sprints and ran the game out strong to my eyes?

Reactions: 9 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Just went on the VFL site to see the match centre details on the Willy game. They have a 1 -6 best shown. Don't know who does them but it has Stacky as our third best.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
The key to gauge Stack is his ability to leap vertically for marks. When he was on he did this with ease....he did it again yesterday. Blame looked impressed.
No question he is tracking well.
Will be cherry ripe in a few weeks.
Stack at his best will be key to how far we go this year.
If the senior guys get there mojo back Stack becomes a lethal weapon.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The key to gauge Stack is his ability to leap vertically for marks. When he was on he did this with ease....he did it again yesterday. Blame looked impressed.
Building nicely. Thought he had another decent game yesterday from a slow start. It's all about fitness and continuity for Stack. And keep him in the backline.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Like him down back. With Baker now up the ground there's a spot in the team for Syd. Bachar ain't getting any younger.
Baker has gone back back.
I dont think there is a spot for Stack in our backline at the moment, and we will be trying to squeeze Astbury in when he is fit.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If he is fit then he'd be a great addition forward or back. I think he's more a back thougg.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ifs hes on the cusp he will probably come in against the Suns I reckon

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm like a few if his ready his in our best 22 without doubt.
Fit and fully focussed and playing with intent andf that chip on his shoulder with a point to prove ala 2019 Syd he most certainly is..

2020 Stackie is most certainly not.

Hopefully Syds got that chip on his shoulder again with a renewed desire to prove himself again , cos if he does then giddy up.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No doubt, still potentiality a gun footballer.

I agree there's little doubt of the possibility he potentially approaches the perceived level, real or actual, of

a gun footballer.

on the proviso he is at least seen to attempt to spews or retch, regularly

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
No need to roll the dice just yet. He's only just played a half of VFL competency. Even then he was wayward by foot late, possibly through fatigue.

He's still a shadow of 2019 Stack. I want to see him playing arrogantly at the level before promoting him.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Had a slow start and many had written his career off by half time but Stack showed in the 2nd half what he is capable of and was very good. I can se him getting a chance by season's end.