Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
In difficult times for sporting teams, the natural reaction is to blame individual players and look for some other individual player to come in and be the answer. That’s not the Richmond way.

But it sounds like Sydney just happens to be ready this week.

His story is a remarkable reflection of the Richmond culture. It’ll bring a lot of joy to see him succeed after all we’ve done.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There were about three ball-ups in a row and Number 9 was giving Syd a bit of niggle at each one. Syd gave him a short jab to the guts. By the way he went down, it looked far more serious.

No. 9 for Preston is a graduate with honours of the Dean Solomon School of Plastic Tough Guys.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Missed a bit of the first quarter, however I’d say he’s our best to half time in the VFL, Parker winning the ball well, thought DRioli has been ok too.

Liked things from Biggy and MartYn
Geez! Did we watch the same game?
The only two n a half possible promotion players I watched might have been Stacka, Nigel n perhaps Millerlite, because he usually uses the ball tidy.

Last couple of games Parker played I thought he'd learned his trade at the old Shinboners, fair butchered the crap out of plenty of ball.
Reckon Sausage was more " meh " than anything considering his capabilities n experience.
Not Dusty appears to have an in game problem that will cripple his chances at AFL level if he doesn't eliminate it from his game. It's called indecision. Gets the pill, looks around, cogitates, changes his mind n then thinks about which option might be best. Got hammered in his senior game earlier this year n got himself in trouble at magoos level the last couple of weeks.
Biggy's still got lots more development n desperation needed. Only starting his game journey, but he's got a similar issue to Cholly. Bit of a loper n not much in the way of physical beast to his game just yet.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Geez! Did we watch the same game?
The only two n a half possible promotion players I watched might have been Stacka, Nigel n perhaps Millerlite, because he usually uses the ball tidy.

Last couple of games Parker played I thought he'd learned his trade at the old Shinboners, fair butchered the crap out of plenty of ball.
Reckon Sausage was more " meh " than anything considering his capabilities n experience.
Not Dusty appears to have an in game problem that will cripple his chances at AFL level if he doesn't eliminate it from his game. It's called indecision. Gets the pill, looks around, cogitates, changes his mind n then thinks about which option might be best. Got hammered in his senior game earlier this year n got himself in trouble at magoos level the last couple of weeks.
Biggy's still got lots more development n desperation needed. Only starting his game journey, but he's got a similar issue to Cholly. Bit of a loper n not much in the way of physical beast to his game just yet.
I put that up,at half time , and I hadn’t seen much of the first quarter . I thought Nigel was oK, Miller ordinary at best , Hugo had a decent last qtr but wasnt doing much before that. Thought Parker was giving plenty enthusiasm wise and probably one of our best, but his decision process wasn’t great, thought Biggy made a couple of poor errors in the second half , both Riolis didn’t do anywhere near enough . Stack our clear best imho

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
agreed. Stack showed his ability to weave in and out of traffic (which we need to bring other players into the game, maybe the forward line). Mansell did well. We still need a tall (Miller or Garth otherwise we have a small backline if Nick is unavailable)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
agreed. Stack showed his ability to weave in and out of traffic (which we need to bring other players into the game, maybe the forward line). Mansell did well. We still need a tall (Miller or Garth otherwise we have a small backline if Nick is unavailable)
i like Mansell but maybe try him in the middle

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What if hypothetically the playing group don’t warm to him . You answer me that

I'm not on facebook or twitter, I don't need, or want to know who likes who, or what they had for breakfast.

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I'm not on facebook or twitter, I don't need, or want to know who likes who, or what they had for breakfast.
Seriously hard for anyone to “ work “ with someone when you have lost there trust or aren’t that well liked . Fact of life in any work place

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Seriously hard for anyone to “ work “ with someone when you have lost there trust or aren’t that well liked . Fact of life in any work place
Is that still the case since his return?
I have no doubt that he has to win back everyone's trust.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Haven't lost any trust in you Stigger - never had any to begin with
As has been said many times - and again a few posts above - you're a dead set Syd hater and can't be taken seriously on the topic

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Haven't lost any trust in you Stigger - never had any to begin with
As has been said many times - and again a few posts above - you're a dead set Syd hater and can't be taken seriously on the topic
Don’t hate the kid at all
Everyone makes mistakes in life
He has made more than most
Outside footy is the bigger concern
Hopefully you paid his fine last year .
More than likely back in WA at seasons end

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Don’t hate the kid at all
Everyone makes mistakes in life
He has made more than most
Outside footy is the bigger concern
Hopefully you paid his fine last year .
More than likely back in WA at seasons en
That would be tragic for both he and the Club.
Simply a late maturer.
But a uniquely talented footballer.
Hang tough Syd.