Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hugggeee!!

Whatever we do, really hope we don't throw him in different positions despite the temptation.

If it's half back, let's play him there week in week out until he entrenches himself and feels he belongs as an AFL player.
He’s an AA half back flanker. As you suggest let him play the next season there. The year after he can go forward and be an AA half forward flanker. Then he can go to the middle and be an AA mid. I don’t think anyone’s done that before?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep half back. Must not move him. We need to go into next season with Stack, Rioli, and Mansell in the backline. Houli retire, Short move upfield or trade.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He’s an AA half back flanker. As you suggest let him play the next season there. The year after he can go forward and be an AA half forward flanker. Then he can go to the middle and be an AA mid. I don’t think anyone’s done that before?

Darcy Byrne-Jones is the only one I can recall

maybe Ben Brown?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Still think he's missing that instinctive magic he had two years ago, but it's great to see him digging deep when fatigued. His decision-making is better than some who are years older. Well and truly on the way back.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Long time doubter first time poster.

The game I saw today from Sydney Stack was not just by far the best he has played for Richmond, but, IMO, a historic breakout game.

Stack won loose. He won it at crucial times. He won it in the guts. And he was aggressive with the ball. And he got on top of his opponent and he got stronger as the game wore on.

Stack played ground game. Won it. Used to put less talented players through. And some with bigger reps.

Oh. God. Took command. Of the destiny of the game. Leadership. Levelled up four? Four IMO. Most importantly in leadership.

Easily our best player on the day. Could make captain one day. Wow. (Mea culpa. I got any pots of this genius wrong.)

Leadership. Who knew?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Long time doubter first time poster.

The game I saw today from Sydney Stack was not just by far the best he has played for Richmond, but, IMO, a historic breakout game.

Stack won loose. He won it at crucial times. He won it in the guts. And he was aggressive with the ball. And he got on top of his opponent and he got stronger as the game wore on.

Stack played ground game. Won it. Used to put less talented players through. And some with bigger reps.

Oh. God. Took command. Of the destiny of the game. Leadership. Levelled up four? Four IMO. Most importantly in leadership.

Easily our best player on the day. Could make captain one day. Wow. (Mea culpa. I got any pots of this genius wrong.)

Leadership. Who knew?
I knew.
Cannot fake ability.
Knew it the moment I saw it.
So good to watch.

Reactions: 4 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Credit where is due
Played very well
His issues arent on the ground , it’s off the ground .
always had the ability as we seen yesterday. . Brave when he needed to be .

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That last sentence says it all Red. Sydney Stack plays the game like it's meant to be played.
His best game since he came in.
His a HB
Busted his gut and ran himself into the ground and nearly lifted the side over the line with his dare, dash and courage.

Needs to be signed up as WA clubs will come for him.
X factor player. Can’t lose him.
Was back to the Stack of old.
See ball get ball.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
His best game since he came in.
His a HB
Busted his gut and ran himself into the ground and nearly lifted the side over the line with his dare, dash and courage.
Loved Syd's courage yesterday, both his attack at the ball, and the courage to back his skills to hit up teammates through the middle of the ground.

If we had one he would have been one of the main reasons why.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
You could see it in the VFL weeks ago. Just reads the play so well and is so brave and skilled. Creates space for himself and others.

We saw it in 2019 too but 2020 *smile* it up.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The only issue with Stackman is his fitness. Can be one of the best in the comp if he get's his fitness near AFL standard. Big offseason coming up for him and hopefully he now realises he needs to work hard to maintain his fitness during the break.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The only issue with Stackman is his fitness. Can be one of the best in the comp if he get's his fitness near AFL standard. Big offseason coming up for him and hopefully he now realises he needs to work hard to maintain his fitness during the break.
Seemed one of the few still working hard at the end.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Interesting to see what happens with his contract situation. He's a must keep but how much do you offer someone like Stack? On potential he'd demand big dollars but he's yet to show the consistent levels of effort and commitment. But you don't want to lose him and he becomes someone else's superstar, yet he would feel he owes the club for sticking with him.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Interesting to see what happens with his contract situation. He's a must keep but how much do you offer someone like Stack? On potential he'd demand big dollars but he's yet to show the consistent levels of effort and commitment. But you don't want to lose him and he becomes someone else's superstar, yet he would feel he owes the club for sticking with him.
The only club to come after him are the Perth based ones. $$$ might be ok but the length of contract wont be. He still carries the reputation of his off field discretion's. But the go home factor could be the deciding factor.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
2 years at 300 with a kick in for an extra year if performance met.

He has yet to prove he can go an offseason without controversy or coming back out of shape.

Reactions: 4 users