Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The suggestion our reigning club champion should be traded comes as a surprise.
Is Bontinpelli on the table?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
2 years at 300 with a kick in for an extra year if performance met.

He has yet to prove he can go an offseason without controversy or coming back out of shape.

yeah, we need to keep him,

but no way has he earnt a big or long contract.

600 for 2 seems fair in a buyers market

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Not sure he would have an allegiance to WA after his treatment over there.

no parity with penalties not dished out to others and don't start me on kebab night.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Seeing him play yesterday I thought of Andrew McLeod. He moves like him and caresses the ball on the boot like McLeod did. Obviously a very long way to go to catch a star like McLeod but he has so much ability. That comparison is why I want to see him on HBF.

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Stack and Bolton are our sheer class kids going forward.

Aside from Moju, forget the rest of the kids on the list these 2 are our genuine class junior talents who are already at the level.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Seeing him play yesterday I thought of Andrew McLeod. He moves like him and caresses the ball on the boot like McLeod did. Obviously a very long way to go to catch a star like McLeod but he has so much ability. That comparison is why I want to see him on HBF.
I thought he is more Chris Johnson

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Both coaches rated Stackman the best Richmond player and 3rd BOG :clap2

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Stack and Bolton are our sheer class kids going forward.

Aside from Moju, forget the rest of the kids on the list these 2 are our genuine class junior talents who are already at the level.

that maybe so on the face of it Craig,

but one of the biggest take-home messages of the last 5 years is;

how a collection of stars and a process,

can turn average player into premiership heroes.

our collection of stars into the future maybe Balta, $hai, Vlastuin, Stack, Bakes, Cerra, Nank, Danny, and Dusty

and blokes like Mansell, MRJ, Hugo, Martyn, RCD, Biggy, and half a dozen picks and trades play the roles.

If blokes like Castagna, Butler, Short, Soldo, Kmac, Pickett, Caddy, Towner, Graham, Brando, Broady, DTLD can be multi-premiership heroes,

then theres hope for anyone on a list.

yes, even Jake Aarts.

Reactions: 1 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Wouldn't be surprised if Stack got offers from other clubs. And he'd be mad not to consider them.
Why ?? We have stuck by him through thick and thin, and gave him a shot when no one else would.
That will mean a lot to him I reckon. Going nowhere.

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
that maybe so on the face of it Craig,

but one of the biggest take-home messages of the last 5 years is;

how a collection of stars and a process,

can turn average player into premiership heroes.

our collection of stars into the future maybe Balta, $hai, Vlastuin, Stack, Bakes, Cerra, Nank, Danny, and Dusty

and blokes like Mansell, MRJ, Hugo, Martyn, RCD, Biggy, and half a dozen picks and trades play the roles.

If blokes like Castagna, Butler, Short, Soldo, Kmac, Pickett, Caddy, Towner, Graham, Brando, Broady, DTLD can be multi-premiership heroes,

then theres hope for anyone on a list.

yes, even Jake Aarts.
No doubt we have some handy soldiers amongst junior ranks Mansell and Hugo, Riley and Ryan will all be players.

I'm just saying that these 2 lads are star quality and proven at the elite level, and must be homed at Punt Road.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
I agree with you Sin. I have said it before too. He is our Andrew Mcleod. Just needs the fitness levels to increase and has the ability to be as good. Shows his confidence is back the way he holds the ball in one hand when deciding what to do with his next possession after taking a mark.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Interesting to see what happens with his contract situation. He's a must keep but how much do you offer someone like Stack? On potential he'd demand big dollars but he's yet to show the consistent levels of effort and commitment.
I don’t agree with that. Have you got examples of this lack of committment and effort? The guys been treated appallingly by the WA legal system. How easy would it have been to say *smile* it it’s too hard at that point? Yet here he is at the back end of a challenging season (for all sorts of reasons) playing his best game. That demonstrates massive commitment and effort to me. He’s a must keep, he is gunna be a star of the comp.

Reactions: 4 users