Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Reckon the guys actions are better than most words and opinions
High achiever ! Fact but you can hate , that’s fine
300 games
Twice all Australian
Still can run a marathon well under 3 hours when most struggle to run a lap of the block
People bag Matty Lloyd as well
Absolute star was Lloyd
Just because a bloke was a good footballer doesn’t mean he isn’t a dipstick
In fact Kane Cornes goes out of his way continually to prove that there is no link between a successful football career and being a football pundit worth listening to. His role now is to be the footy version of a shock jock, far more interested in the headline than any sort of accuracy or real insight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just because a bloke was a good footballer doesn’t mean he isn’t a dipstick
In fact Kane Cornes goes out of his way continually to prove that there is no link between a successful football career and being a football pundit worth listening to. His role now of is to be the footy version of a shock jock, far more interested in the headline than any sort of accuracy or real insight.
Well said , I’d imagine all of us have met “ celebrities “ , some great, some ordinary, just because someone has one a medal or has not dosent determine if there a quality person or not .

Got a laugh at big “ name droppers” thinking just because they no people that have been on TV that makes them a little higher in the scale of life .

I actually have a good example ( name dropping here :))) a mate of mines band toured with Pearl Jam and Silver chair , he was a huge fan of Daniel John’s , after touring with him he said his a complete flog , as for Eddie Vedder , couldn’t meet a nicer person …who knows

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I'm interested in Hardwick's response when he is inevitably asked about Stack in the next few days.

My tip is internally they won't have liked the Burge approach and the coach will be much more supportive in what he says.
I’d be surprised if Dimma wasn’t all over how everyone has come back and hadn’t discussed Sydney and every other player on the list with Burge .

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Spot on.

I remember a night years ago in London when I was with Shane Warne and Chris Martin and then Kevin Pieterson mentioned talking to Elton John.

I pulled him up straight away and said I can't stand name droppers. Naturally Shane and Chris agreed.

No doubt but I still don't think they would like him saying it to the paper. It's different than a footy coach giving a player a whack, the high performance guys have a fairly intimate relationship with players in terms of sharing a lot of personal information and it needs a lot of trust. I think Stack would be entitled to feel a little let down by the comments.
I doubt you’ve ever had a nomination for a gold post TBR , however that is outstanding :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I nearly spat my chicken nugget out

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
No doubt but I still don't think they would like him saying it to the paper. It's different than a footy coach giving a player a whack, the high performance guys have a fairly intimate relationship with players in terms of sharing a lot of personal information and it needs a lot of trust. I think Stack would be entitled to feel a little let down by the comments.
Dunno TBR.

Maybe they have tried internally giving Stacky a whack over the years but it hasn't made any difference, so they've now tried a completely opposite approach by doing it publicly.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I doubt you’ve ever had a nomination for a gold post TBR , however that is outstanding :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I nearly spat my chicken nugget out

Talking of name droppers, i guess you won't be disclosing who you are playing golf with tomorrow ;).

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Got a laugh at big “ name droppers” thinking just because they no people that have been on TV that makes them a little higher in the scale of life .

A little off track but I am assured this is true......

Alan Mullally, was in Perth with the touring English team for an Ashes test when an attractive young barmaid approached him in a pub and said "Excuse me are you Alan Mullally?"

Without missing a beat he replied "Yes I am, watch a bit of cricket do you?"

To which she replied "No, but this is yours" and proceeded to hand him his wallet which he had left on the bar.

Apparently the other members of the team absolutely lost it.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
A little off track but I am assured this is true......

Alan Mullally, was in Perth with the touring English team for an Ashes test when an attractive young barmaid approached him in a pub and said "Excuse me are you Alan Mullally?"

Without missing a beat he replied "Yes I am, watch a bit of cricket do you?"

To which she replied "No, but this is yours" and proceeded to hand him his wallet which he had left dropped on the bar.

Apparently the other members of the team absolutely lost it.
Edited for accuracy.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Talking of name droppers, i guess you won't be disclosing who you are playing golf with tomorrow ;).
Golf !!

I once held a golf club , I was 19 and the people who owned our family home prior had left it behind in the shed and dad had put it in the garage.

I heard a noise and it was somebody trying to break into my XB coupe
Best weapon i ever held

• Haha

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
if you spend half a century studying only really 3 things; racehorses, footballers, and the female form,

you come to realise 2 things;

1. the female form has nothing to do with racehorses and footballers, and

2. racehorses and footballers perform in a very similar fashion. some get fit and find form quickly; some dont. some are consistent; some are mercurial. some are predictable; some aren't. some are lucky; some aren't. some are fast; some are slow.

having written No.2,

I think No.1 needs some work.

more study required I suppose?
This is why I look up to you Mr Ease.

My life is spent studying female forms and football.
I dont know how you could then find time and the intellectual to study horses.
I guess some people are gifted

• Haha

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
One way to look at it is that if the club wanted to delist Syd we can't replace him until November 2022.
There is rush to make a judgement.
Plenty of games of footy to see him do his thing.