Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

There is a brightside, we enjoy what we've acheived and move on with a rebuild.

Pretending the aged bodies of Cotch and Jack can take us to the summit again in 2022 only leads to suffering and disappointment.

Been saying this since last season dude.
Biggie needs to replace Tarrant. At least use this time to get valuable games into him. Stack needs to come in this week. Maybe a Sonsie or a Clark over the next few weeks. Who knows we may rejuvenate our season.

Reactions: 2 users
Stack must play.

Hardwick and co. can always drop him if things don't go well.

Too conservative by half down there at the moment.

Just play him.

Reactions: 8 users
If they do play Stack, and with 1 proviso which is that he can run out games, then they have to give him at least 3-4 games in a row.

I would put Stack in, he has been showing what he is capable of in the VFL, he has earned the right for another shot, give him a go, we know he has the talent.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Has done the hard yards to make up for a poor return from the break ,its time to give him his chance.

Reactions: 1 user
If they do play Stack, and with 1 proviso which is that he can run out games, then they have to give him at least 3-4 games in a row.

I would put Stack in, he has been showing what he is capable of in the VFL, he has earned the right for another shot, give him a go, we know he has the talent.

DS
In this ever changing AFL game, we need more players with class, skill and pace. Stack meets that needs. Plus has X factor.

Reactions: 3 users
Stack must play.

Hardwick and co. can always drop him if things don't go well.

Too conservative by half down there at the moment.

Just play him.
Yep just play him. His mythical abilities grow the longer he's out of snr footy.
We're either going to see first year Sydney (or close) or it will be time to move on.
Either way it's time.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep just play him. His mythical abilities grow the longer he's out of snr footy.
We're either going to see first year Sydney (or close) or it will be time to move on.
Either way it's time.
Watched him closely in the magoos.
Nothing mythical about it. He’s a Group 1 thoroughbred. Far too good for VFL. Think the senior’s structure will help him also. At the moment he has to do all the heavy lifting.

Reactions: 4 users
Watched him closely in the magoos.
Nothing mythical about it. He’s a Group 1 thoroughbred. Far too good for VFL. Think the senior’s structure will help him also. At the moment he has to do all the heavy lifting.
We've also seen what a ragged Sydney Stack looks like & it ain't pretty. Skill levels fall away awfully quick if you don't have the stamina to go with it. Doesn't matter whether you're a thoroughbred or not.

We've also seen what a ragged Sydney Stack looks like & it ain't pretty. Skill levels fall away awfully quick if you don't have the stamina to go with it. Doesn't matter whether you're a thoroughbred or not.
He’s now fit and in form.
Ragged was 6 weeks ago

Reactions: 1 user
I still have hopes that he’s a midfielder. Played there as a junior… just never built the tank to do it at AFL level but he has the talent.

He’s now fit and in form.
Ragged was 6 weeks ago
Agree. He is doing the hard yards. Not just looking for the glamour. He is working for a living. Running hard, applying pressure. There was one patch of play down the wing where he ran about 100m to chase down a Casey player. The old Stack wouldn’t do that.

I'll just balance it a little by saying there's a big jump up from VFL to AFL both in terms of skill AND aerobic requirements.
We know Syd's best is good enough but this is all up to him now.

I'll just balance it a little by saying there's a big jump up from VFL to AFL both in terms of skill AND aerobic requirements.
We know Syd's best is good enough but this is all up to him now.
Of course TOO. He could play in the VFL for the next 6 weeks and his fitness will barely change. The time is now. If we overlook him again then the MC would have completely mismanaged this.

Reactions: 2 users