Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
We've got 8 indigenous players on the list. Shedda, Shai, Sausage n Moju are playing n the Foosh would have been if he wasn't suspended.

If we were to include Stacka just 'coz he's indigenous n we should be selecting him for dreamtime, that means we'd have to include Nigel n Parker as well. Just 'coz it wouldn't be fair otherwise.
Fair call in response to what I said. I guess my point of view is Stacky didn't do much wrong then got dropped. These are the kind of games that could really spark him back into the right mindset and have him believe that he can do this at the top level.

Whatever he has been through, whether that's his fault or not I still want him to succeed.

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Isn’t he contracted for next season?
All our rookies are OOC end of 2022 ( Exc Colina)
2022/Rookie46BenMiller2nd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie44SydneyStack4rd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie16JakeAarts4rd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie37MattParker2nd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie50MarlionPickett4rd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie47BigoaNyuon1st year on rookie list in 2022
CAT B Rookie39Mate'Colina2nd year on rookie list in 2022

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
All our rookies are OOC end of 2022 ( Exc Colina)
2022/Rookie46BenMiller2nd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie44SydneyStack4rd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie16JakeAarts4rd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie37MattParker2nd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie50MarlionPickett4rd year on rookie list in 2022
2022/Rookie47BigoaNyuon1st year on rookie list in 2022
CAT B Rookie39Mate'Colina2nd year on rookie list in 2022
4rd Taz?:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He may not have played last night but he can be proud of what he kickstarted a few years ago with his solitary Dreamtime dance. Was good to see the catalyst for the player dance in there among his brothers. Special moment.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He may not have played last night but he can be proud of what he kickstarted a few years ago with his solitary Dreamtime dance. Was good to see the catalyst for the player dance in there among his brothers. Special moment.
That was the best.
It was spine tingling.
I loved it.
While other clubs have constant issues with there past.
We are the frontier when it comes to dealing with different cultures.

Reactions: 7 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Syd had a similar game yesterday to the one against Footscray a few weeks back: worked his arse off, but didn't get the bounce and was quite fumbly in the first three quarters (gassed?). Then he turned it on in the last. Kicked two rippers (3 for the game) and set one up for Cumbers.

We want him in the ones, in form, in the forward line. That's where the opportunity is and that's where he can help us. All well and good to bemoan that half-back is his best spot, but guess what - it's everyone's best spot. Even Jaaaack said he saw himself as a half-back before going on to kick more goals than all bar 17 men in history. And we have Tigga, The Prince and Bakes killing it and Hugo in the wings.

Keep working, Stackman.

Reactions: 7 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Syd had a similar game yesterday to the one against Footscray a few weeks back: worked his arse off, but didn't get the bounce and was quite fumbly in the first three quarters (gassed?). Then he turned it on in the last. Kicked two rippers (3 for the game) and set one up for Cumbers.

We want him in the ones, in form, in the forward line. That's where the opportunity is and that's where he can help us. All well and good to bemoan that half-back is his best spot, but guess what - it's everyone's best spot. Even Jaaaack said he saw himself as a half-back before going on to kick more goals than all bar 17 men in history. And we have Tigga, The Prince and Bakes killing it and Hugo in the wings.

Keep working, Stackman.
Reality is, he’ll probably end up a good defender.
At another club

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
That's not reality, it's speculation.
It’s not reality.
Until it is.
Not sure he’ll make it as a small forward under Richmond’s game plan. Where structure and pressure are valued over creativity.
Castagna a point in case

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Reality is, he’ll probably end up a good defender.
At another club
Not too sure about that

All 18 clubs passed on him multiple times and eventually Richmond gave him a chance and its well known by all clubs how well Richmond handle these players going back to the ben cousins days and after 4 years on Richmond list and if he gets cut i doubt other clubs would be too eager to spend more resources on a 5th year player.

Maybe North / Eagles

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
!8 months ago Tyson Stengle was look at being on the rubbish heap of the AFL. A move to Geelong (his third club) and he is suddenly reborn and rejuvenated. Sydney has not been in trouble and he can clearly play so I would keep him on the list. He's just 22. Some of the indigenous boys take a long time to settle down and play their best footy.
He was significantly outperforming Shai Bolton and Shane Edwards at age 19. He has stagnated since then but we know he can play. Patience required.

Reactions: 6 users