Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's been named in the back pocket for the 2s. Maybe re-familairising him with the role in case we want to throw Baker on-ball more permanently?

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I did watch my the game and you can’t say he didn’t play well. I don’t get caught up in disposals.
I definitely can say he didn’t play well. Disposal was woeful. Tackled well . Got some easy goals. Whoops Doo.
Stack was elite in comparison.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I definitely can say he didn’t play well. Disposal was woeful. Tackled well . Got some easy goals. Whoops Doo.
Stack was elite in comparison.
Been a lot of talk about Castagna's 10 tackles as justification for bringing him in. Stack had 8, Dow had 8, RCD had 7. It was a very contested game, 79 tackles for the Tigers.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's been named in the back pocket for the 2s. Maybe re-familairising him with the role in case we want to throw Baker on-ball more permanently?
My thoughts exactly. And the right call if that's the case.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Really unlucky to be left out this week. I am really p!ssed off to be honest. Another week of George stinking it up rather than giving a highly skilled younger player who’s been excelling in the 2’s a go. Instead we move stack to a back pocket in the 2’s and what, move mansell forward? George is not ever going to be elite at anything but chaos, Syd has a bucket load of talent and can relieve in the midfield. I really don’t understand.

Reactions: 9 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
George?

Why?

Plus, once he gets into the seniors it seems damned hard for George to get dropped.

He has been a great player for us but his form isn't good and his disposal remains woeful.

Simply can't see any justification for bringing Catagna back when there are a few in front of him, Stack and Cumberland for starters.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think I'm a Sydders fan. Good to se him get some numbers. (George's much better as it turned out.)

As a fan, I hope Sydders gets better numbers this week. Or, at worst. numbers like last week's. (Consistent numbers are very good.)

Could he sneak into the seniors this week anyway?

• Love

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Will watch his work off the ball closely tomorrow at the VFL monitor his work rate. Hopefully puts in another great performance.
Just remember to disregard his elite ball handling, decision making and disposal.
Apparently they’re useless observations

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Disappointed Stacky hasn't earned a seniors run. Guess it's just bloody difficult for the coaches to put some faith in the young blokes n get some senior game experience into them when we're hovering around finals late in the season. Too easy just to bring back ( or keep ) the more experienced players n hope they're back to form soon.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
George?

Why?

Plus, once he gets into the seniors it seems damned hard for George to get dropped.

He has been a great player for us but his form isn't good and his disposal remains woeful.

Simply can't see any justification for bringing Catagna back when there are a few in front of him, Stack and Cumberland for starters.

DS
We want to get George to his 200 game milestone only 71 games to go then we’ll let some kid take his spot in around 3 years time

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I think I'm a Sydders fan. Good to se him get some numbers. (George's much better as it turned out.)

As a fan, I hope Sydders gets better numbers this week. Or, at worst. numbers like last week's. (Consistent numbers are very good.)

Could he sneak into the seniors this week anyway?
That’s my faint but secret hope

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Richmond Vfl Twitter shows Stack warming up so he is not the sub for the AFL game. Suspect it is Lambert.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Watching the VFL stream and Stacky is tearing it up. A class above. Juddy, Aarts and Mansell looking good too.