Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Jonno Browns obviously had one too many head knocks saying Stack needs consistency, I don't believe I've seen a more consistent 1st year performer let alone one with an A grade highlights reel as Stack's.
And whats worse is these media buffoons seem to think Walsh is at present the best performed of all the young talent which is humorous.
The only thing Walsh is good at is handing the ball back to the opposition, at best is a good average footballer.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Stuff winning the rising star medal ....the Carlton kid will get it because its a feel good thing to keep Carlton fans engaged.

Syd should get it as he is far and away the best player to debut this year however he wont because the AFL is as contrived as it gets.

Id rather Sydney help the RFC to another flag so he can have a real medal around his neck, and a Norm Smith as well as hed be a real chance on the big stage.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Stuff winning the rising star medal ....the Carlton kid will get it because its a feel good thing to keep Carlton fans engaged.

Syd should get it as he is far and away the best player to debut this year however he wont because the AFL is as contrived as it gets.

Id rather Sydney help the RFC to another flag so he can have a real medal around his neck, and a Norm Smith as well as hed be a real chance on the big stage.
Agree hope like hell Stack doesn't win it. Give that award to Carltank so they can feel pleased with themselves.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The only thing Walsh is good at is handing the ball back to the opposition, at best is a good average footballer.
Stats in the HUN had him at 48% disposal efficiency on the weekend. Don't care who or what position played but that's abysmal ball use.

J

Jumping Jack

Stats in the HUN had him at 48% disposal efficiency on the weekend. Don't care who or what position played but that's abysmal ball use.

Walsh will be a very good player... But, he’ll just be an accumulator.

Stack won’t get us much of the footy, but he’ll be far more damaging and will be a match winner on multiple occasions.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Walsh will be a very good player... But, he’ll just be an accumulator.

Stack won’t get us much of the footy, but he’ll be far more damaging and will be a match winner on multiple occasions.
Yep. Said it before n Stacka's premium value is half the possessions twice the damage.
25 to 30 possessions is bog standard for mid fielders these days, even Mitchell from Hawforn when he was getting 40 to 50 possessions last year rarely did much damage throughout games.
Give me a player who gets 20 possessions n makes virtually all of them count, tear holes through the field, set up team mates and impact the score board and you've got a premium player. Stacka hits contests hard, takes hangers, kicks goals, steps n shimmys through gaps, gives second n third efforts and rarely wastes a possession. Kids as good a first year player as you're likely to see and still has a tank to build. No reason he can't be as spectacular as any of the indigenous champions that have gone before him.

Reactions: 7 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
How good is He when he hasn't got the ball too.
Always looking to impact.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Due to his versatility, toughness and love of the big stage, Syd may well be the difference between a short September and a very late one

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I love it when the ball is loose in front of him bouncing around. Most players frantically grab at it or just dive on it. Stacky calmly taps it along and makes the ball talk, takes possession and off he goes.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
It takes some confidence and spunk to pull off a mouthguard like this in your first year. He's got the ability to back it up too. I agree with CC, he could be the talk of September, it's his stage
Stack Mouthguard.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
When im having a bad day, one of my strategies is to look at the late picks in the '18 draft.

I just put unleaded in my diesel ute and swallowed about 2 litres of petrol syphoning it. My ear is greasy from getting so low down on the servo concrete. I was feeling a bit *smile*.

But pick 77 collingwood Atunaisa Bosenavulagi

Cheered me right up.

I can wash my ear, gargle some beer and change my fuel filter

But Collingwood will never have Sydney Stack

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It takes some confidence and spunk to pull off a mouthguard like this in your first year. He's got the ability to back it up too. I agree with CC, he could be the talk of September, it's his stage
View attachment 8745
I hope he was wearing that mouth guard when he looked back at Viney after he sat him on his arse:p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I love it when the ball is loose in front of him bouncing around. Most players frantically grab at it or just dive on it. Stacky calmly taps it along and makes the ball talk, takes possession and off he goes.
He's like a cat playing with an injured mouse

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has been unbelievably good, but if could possibly ‘Viney’ Treloar he would go into the hall of fame for me.
I can’t believe he is in his first year. What the f#*’

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

I've noticed this a few times too. It's like he has the ball on a string.