Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Still can't believe 17 clubs completely overlooked a super talent like this.

Its outrageous isnt it, and how sweet would it be if Marlion bursts onto the scene come the last weeks Jacky G style or Towner style to be highly influential in a charge at September.

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I have just listened to a podcast about RFC and our Sydney. It certainly made it clear how all the clubs rated Syd's skill but were wary of his commitment and why RFC took a chance on him thanks to the rule changes. Mrs H as usual worked her magic on Sydney and thanks to our clubs inclusiveness, understanding and care of its players he has started to mature in the right way and that shows in spades when he is playing. The club is lucky to have Sydney and Sydney is lucky to have our club.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I have just listened to a podcast about RFC and our Sydney. It certainly made it clear how all the clubs rated Syd's skill but were wary of his commitment and why RFC took a chance on him thanks to the rule changes. Mrs H as usual worked her magic on Sydney and thanks to our clubs inclusiveness, understanding and care of its players he has started to mature in the right way and that shows in spades when he is playing. The club is lucky to have Sydney and Sydney is lucky to have our club.
I understood to Clarke to say that they would have taken him as a rookie if the new rules were were not on place.

Amazing intel that they were tracking him and knew that Stack wouldn't be taken in either the main or the PS draft.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its outrageous isnt it, and how sweet would it be if Marlion bursts onto the scene come the last weeks Jacky G style or Towner style to be highly influential in a charge at September.

Sorry. No one will match the ‘Miracle Man’ Townsend.
That tackle on Crouch basically turned the GF.
There should be a Statue of Townsend on Swan st.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sorry. No one will match the ‘Miracle Man’ Townsend.
That tackle on Crouch basically turned the GF.
There should be a Statue of Townsend on Swan st.
A statue on Swan st and another at Punt rd is the least we can do Zips.
Towner was awesome in the GF, especially the 2nd quarter.
As well the hit on M Crouch on the boundary line, he rattled, I think it was the other Crouch with a bone crusher in the middle of the ground.
Towner will forever be my hero.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’ve spoke to the Wangaratta city council about getting one of the grain towers turned into a Sydney Stack ;)

In all seriousness has there been a better first year ? especially considering his played back, forward and midfield and delivered in each zone, has a player ever been named in 2 spots in the All Australian team ?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Glad to see Syd named at FF with his pockets Jack an Tom, I only hope they clear out the forward 50 for him:cool:

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Even if Stackman isn't BOG or doing the absolutely amazing thing he continues to impress me with his endeavour, his skills and his ability to read the game. A couple of things he did today against Port just made me clap my hands spontaneously in both joy and wonderment.
Great talent to have on the list.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Stack will not be perfect every game but his maturity and vision showed a few times today like the slow hand off to Rioli in the 4th quarter resulting in a goal. Rare to see that in such a young and inexperienced player at AFL level with his talent