Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Stacky is a gem. Had he not got injured he might have matched Royce. But playing for Victoria after playing 4 senior games and kicking 7 against West Australia as well as starring in finals in a premiership year is hard to top.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Interesting those stats back up what some of us were saying: that Stack is even better up forward than down back. I think he comes back into the forward line, with Shai moving to Brando's wing. I could see Sydney pushing 40 goals.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If we grab Kysiah Pickett at 19,

The Stackman/KP 1,2 punch will be as breathtaking as a MP clockwise pirouette in a GF.

I know its Stackmans thread, but he'd love a KP quote on board

when asked about KP, his u18 coach said

'he likes to make the opposition *smile* themselves. he gets off on it'

if he's there tigers, take him at 19.

he's the closest footballing thing to Stackman in existence I reckon.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Only good thing about Stackman being injured, (and Graham for that matter), is we got the Fairytale of Marlion. Devastating for those boys but everyone loves a fairytale.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If we grab Kysiah Pickett at 19,

The Stackman/KP 1,2 punch will be as breathtaking as a MP clockwise pirouette in a GF.

I know its Stackmans thread, but he'd love a KP quote on board

when asked about KP, his u18 coach said

'he likes to make the opposition **** themselves. he gets off on it'

if he's there tigers, take him at 19.

he's the closest footballing thing to Stackman in existence I reckon.
I love Kozi too. There are a few clubs ahead of us who would be mad not to pick him. Port should snap him up with one of their three first-rounders.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It's the range of abilities Stack showed that sets him apart for a kid. You just don't see a highlight reel like his from an 18yo. Was game to try anything, and most of it came off.
This is what I reckon sets the Stacka apart from the Walsh type players.
Walsh very very good player, accumulates n plays footy like he's painting by numbers, doesn't do much of anything wrong, stays within the lines n gets all the colours in the right places.
Stacka plays OMFG did you see that footy, he's a Van Cough, Micky Angelo type player. Footy ground is his blank canvas n he can do whatever he likes on it 'coz it'll be farking awesum.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
The quality of players we have brought into the club the last few seasons is staggering considering we haven't had any high end draft picks

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
This is what I reckon sets the Stacka apart from the Walsh type players.
Walsh very very good player, accumulates n plays footy like he's painting by numbers, doesn't do much of anything wrong, stays within the lines n gets all the colours in the right places.
Stacka plays OMFG did you see that footy, he's a Van Cough, Micky Angelo type player. Footy ground is his blank canvas n he can do whatever he likes on it 'coz it'll be farking awesum.
I reckon the Stackman has a lot of Royce Pro Hart in him.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
It's the range of abilities Stack showed that sets him apart for a kid. You just don't see a highlight reel like his from an 18yo. Was game to try anything, and most of it came off.

While we have several promising young players coming through, at this stage Stack's the big hope concerning future elite players.

Couldn’t agree more.
When making my initial comments about Stack, I took potential into account. He does things that tell me he’s going to be absolutely top shelf if he sticks to the plan.
Otherwise he has a future with Tony Bartuccio

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Good discussion about best first year players. A few days ago Rhett Bartlett tweeted some video footage of Dale Weightman’s debut game. Unbelievable how good he looked. Kicked 3 as well.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The quality of players we have brought into the club the last few seasons is staggering considering we haven't had any high end draft picks

We relied on them too much.
Supporters would be more excited about draft night then the actual games.
We have unlocked something we weren't able to do since 1987, find talent. Not only have we hit gold with early picks cotchin Martin Jack etc.
But our late & rookie selections are 'hall of fame" selections
If Collingwood did what we have achieved using the drafts, it would be announced to the world.
The 2014 rookie draft on its own makes up for more then 30 years of stuff ups.

Reactions: 5 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I wonder if RFC members will get upset if our recruiters can't keep going down to the back of the gravel pit and coming back with diamonds.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I wonder if RFC members will get upset if our recruiters can't keep going down to the back of the gravel pit and coming back with diamonds.
Of course we will. They've set a standard now n we'll expect them to at least maintain it, if not improve it.

The best thing about finding some serious talent for minimal outlay is that there's some coverage in the mid age area plus a big handful of youngsters still in early development.
Means there's wriggle room for a slip up or two in the next couple of drafts that shouldn't have disastrous effects.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Really looking forward to some Stacky magic in the round 1 clash v Carlton.
Reckon the crowd will go off if he pulls out a hanger or a trade mark bump.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

We've done so well that we can afford the be a bit below par or break even for 2 or 3 drafts and still maintain elite status, even supremacy. I don't think that below par will happen, and if it does it won't be due to poor preparation or expertise.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Of course we will. They've set a standard now n we'll expect them to at least maintain it, if not improve it.

The best thing about finding some serious talent for minimal outlay is that there's some coverage in the mid age area plus a big handful of youngsters still in early development.
Means there's wriggle room for a slip up or two in the next couple of drafts that shouldn't have disastrous effects.
All players can play. It is getting their heads right that is the most important thing. And we are doing that and then allowing their ability to come out.

Reactions: 3 users