Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
We've done so well that we can afford the be a bit below par or break even for 2 or 3 drafts and still maintain elite status, even supremacy. I don't think that below par will happen, and if it does it won't be due to poor preparation or expertise.

After getting Lynch Ross Stackman Marlion, (and the promising RCD & Turner), in the one draft/trade period I think the AFL should ban us from this year's draft.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Really looking forward to some Stacky magic in the round 1 clash v Carlton.
Reckon the crowd will go off if he pulls out a hanger or a trade mark bump.
Won't hear me complaining if he sits either Walsh or Cripps on his arse during the game. Fairly of course, don't want young Stacka to get in any trouble with the flogs in suits that do match review or tribunal.
Maybe Stacka could get one n the Fish could get the other :))

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
We've done so well that we can afford the be a bit below par or break even for 2 or 3 drafts and still maintain elite status, even supremacy. I don't think that below par will happen, and if it does it won't be due to poor preparation or expertise.

But what if they continue unearthing gems??

Reactions: 1 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I’ve a gut feeling, with no base of fact that Sydney will have a couple of periods of being a star, feel it’s a bit easy and taper off for a game or 2, get dropped for a match for something disciplanary then rinse and repeat... while he’s still a young buck, just got that vibe about him. Has every tool and trick in his kit bag, just needs the maturity/grounding to keep the focus. He’ll make it, but reckon there will be a newspapers headline or 2 along the journey

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I really hope he keeps 44.
Daffy was never the same after dropping 44 for 10

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Not making the team in the finals should put enough fire in the belly to look after himself in the offseason and have a huge pre-season.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Not making the team in the finals should put enough fire in the belly to look after himself in the offseason and have a huge pre-season.

Came last in the shuttles today and 2nd last in the repeat 300's, but at least he wasn't throwing up so must be fitter;). Means nothing as he was worse this time last year and we all saw what he did.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
considering he has been on the list since Dec 2014 (2015 Rookie draft) so he has played 5 full seasons, you are probably right

Dimma said that we will most likely have Castagnafield play only against top 6 sides.
"We can't and wont want to humiliate our opposition, thats why we have to come to the decision to only play Castagnafield when we really need him".

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Exactly right Caesar, the indigenous boys generally can't see the point of running if a footy isn't involved.

Eddie Betts thinks a time trial is something that happens after you steal a watch but has anyone covered over any distance if there's space in front of goal.
Shai Bolton went and got himself a running coach and is a premiership player at 20 because of it.

Reactions: 4 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
What’s his position in 2020? I desperately hope we don’t persist with the forward idea.

he’s a backman, or maybe a winger if he gets fit enough.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
What’s his position in 2020? I desperately hope we don’t persist with the forward idea.

he’s a backman, or maybe a winger if he gets fit enough.

I asked Balmey at a function recently.
His exact words were “good question, we’re still not sure. He’ll probably start in defence but I see him as a midfielder”.
When prompted about the switch he mentioned something about Stacky not defending enough at the time

Reactions: 2 users