Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
In all my years (joined as a kid in '74) this is probably the most "butterflies in the tummy" I've ever felt before a season.

The mere thought of our depth with so many new players coming through is seriously scary. In reality, not all of them will reach their ceiling but it is still a list to salivate over when you consider we possibly still have another Rioli and a quality tall back waiting to be drafted in Nov!!!

Reactions: 7 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
In all my years (joined as a kid in '74) this is probably the most "butterflies in the tummy" I've ever felt before a season.

The mere thought of our depth with so many new players coming through is seriously scary. In reality, not all of them will reach their ceiling but it is still a list to salivate over when you consider we possibly still have another Rioli and a quality tall back waiting to be drafted in Nov!!!
Agree, in '18 we didn't know if we could get that high again that season (esp as the media were willing us to be 1 yr wonders like the Dogs were the previous yr) This time around we know we can do it again & we have seen through injury last yr that we have some decent depth coming through as well. We'll see more of these kids this yr as they continue to develope. an exciting season awaits. #GoTiges!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This is one of the very things I am looking forward to Pickett, Stackman and Shai in 2020
You could throw JR n Higlet into that mix n then perhaps Balta, Cholly n maybe even Soldo as players who've grabbed some decent senior game time last year and should improve again.
Bloody ridiculous that only another heavy run of injuries this year could see a bunch younger players get the run of senior games they deserve.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The most intriguing young player at your club

Andrew Slevison
SEN
14 Feb 2020

RICHMOND - Sydney Stack

It may seem a simple choice but it is hard to contain excitement surrounding Sydney Stack.

In 2019, he showed glimpses of what he is capable of in his 17 AFL games, getting the ball rolling on what will eventually be an extensive highlight reel full of massive marks, quality goals, big hits and composed ball use.

Stack, 19, had appeared to establish himself in the Tigers’ best 22 before he was dropped late in the season prior to the ankle injury which derailed his season.

He managed to be part of the VFL premiership and after tasting success, quickly threw himself into pre-season training and is doing everything in his power to force his way back into the line-up in 2020. The sky is the limit for Stack and we can’t wait to see what he delivers.

Tiger fans will also be keen to find out what Jack Ross has to offer upon his return, having opened a small window into his playing ability and footy smarts in his debut campaign.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/14/the-most-intriguing-young-pl

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Our biggest improvement will come from a full year of Soldo/Stack/Pickett in 2020.

I see little hope for the other 17 sides if this occurs

Reactions: 2 users